Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pandemic Viewing

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Pandemic Viewing
« on: December 08, 2020, 11:53:48 AM »
Whatcha watching on lockdown?

Wayne: ultra-violent, do-gooder teen seeks family heirloom.  Awesome and highly recommended.

The Mandolorian: Stylish, action-packed, nods to the old films and extended SW universe.  Cannot recommend enough.

Raised by Wolves: Alien canon backstory about the humans' exodus from Earth.  Slow-burn and I'm only halfway through.  Recommend: TBD.

I Know This Much Is True: Goddamned depressing story of twin brothers, one institutionalized.  Great acting by Ruffalo, but FUCKING DEPRESSING.

On steady repeat: Community and It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Pandemic Viewing
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 12:13:16 PM »
Ill be your huckleberry here although I'm not sure what is locked down where you live in the land of Deregulated Desantis Sunshine 9 months in.....BUTTTTT

about 3 months ago I switched from Sling to the Hulu Live TV Bundle (Hulu on Demand, Hulu Live TV guide with HBO MAX, Disney+, ESPN+ - yes, I like the 30 for 30s) - damn that was like going from a dinky moped to a new Corvette in one move. Anywho....been catching a lot of overdue movies on demand on Hulu Base and several movies/docus/series on HBO as well. Caught the Richard Jewell movie last week which is a fascinating study really on overzealous journalism that we've all seem to forget about. Highly recommend. Also caught a few others as well around Halloween - spook movies - Annabelle, the new Halloween, Llorona, etc.

HBO has great original programming, I have to admit. From Sopranos, True Detective and others not mentioned. But they had one recently called the Originalist that took place in Georgia. It was pretty good. Apparently based off Stephen Kings stuff too.

Just to kill time - the old standbys - nothing crazy great, just good mood lifteruppers - Friends, Sunny in Philly, Impractical Jokers, Dirty Jobs, Pawn Stars. Usually they become nice background noise while doing something else. 
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 12:14:59 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 12:31:55 PM »
Gunsmoke

James Arness, Matt Dillon On 'Gunsmoke,' Has Died : The Two-Way : NPR
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2020, 12:34:35 PM »
Gunsmoke

I fell asleep just reading that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2020, 12:53:25 PM »
Agree with Wes on Mandalorian.  The last 2 episodes have been the best Star Wars since Empire Strikes Back.

The Right Stuff - think I like the old movie better.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2020, 01:20:44 PM »
I fell asleep just reading that.
the irony in a show like gunsmoke being looked at as boring (and it can be, I agree), is that what it is about was historically anything BUT boring - in the day and part of the country (or err territory) where you didn't know if that night's nap would be in your bed or in a pine box. The Wild West was wacky. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2020, 01:33:05 PM »

Wayne: ultra-violent, do-gooder teen seeks family heirloom.  Awesome and highly recommended.

The Mandolorian: Stylish, action-packed, nods to the old films and extended SW universe.  Cannot recommend enough.

Raised by Wolves: Alien canon backstory about the humans' exodus from Earth.  Slow-burn and I'm only halfway through.  Recommend: TBD.

I Know This Much Is True: Goddamned depressing story of twin brothers, one institutionalized.  Great acting by Ruffalo, but FUCKING DEPRESSING.

The fuck you talking bout Willis? 

Lockdown my ass.

But I'll play.  

The Boys.  Columbo. Don't know how I got on a Columbo kick, but it comes on like Sundance or something I have access to.  That wrinkled one-eyed bastard always sniffs out the crime.  
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 01:34:49 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2020, 01:57:27 PM »
The fuck you talking bout Willis? 

Lockdown my ass.

But I'll play. 

The Boys.  Columbo. Don't know how I got on a Columbo kick, but it comes on like Sundance or something I have access to.  That wrinkled one-eyed bastard always sniffs out the crime. 
Forgot about The Boys.  Great alt-take on superheros.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2020, 02:00:27 PM »
I woulda railed the nazi. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2020, 02:09:42 PM »
I woulda railed the nazi.

Spoiler alert:  all the superfemmes are hot.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2020, 02:12:23 PM »
Was Watchmen any good?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #11 on: December 08, 2020, 02:24:15 PM »
Just started a small binge on The Chosen. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #12 on: December 08, 2020, 02:33:34 PM »
Was Watchmen any good?
I really enjoyed it.  Didn't rely at all on the movie and the acting was solid.   I honestly didn't know where it was going up to the end.

NOTE: if you are bothered by current social commentary, you might get TRIGGERED by this show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: December 08, 2020, 02:53:16 PM »
I'm about to start Schitts Creek.  I watched one episode the other night, not sure what season it was from, but I knew I needed to go back to the beginning.  The one I watched had a bit of that Always Sunny feel to it.

If you love you some music, there's nothing better on the tubes than AXS TV.  One of the best channels I've ever seen.  With a few exceptions, it's all music, all of the time.  In the last few months alone, I've seen concerts from Heart, Bad Company, Peter Frampton, The Eagles, Tom Petty and a butt load of others.  You got Live From Daryl's House, Rock Legends (They're doing Bon Jovi today along with The Rolling Stones), The Big Interview with Dan Rather.

BTW, Dan Rather does one of the best interview sessions with a veritable plethora (Yeah, I said it) of stars.  These are one hour interviews and Rather covers it all and pulls no punches.  I've seen Kid Rock, Bryan Adams, Don Felder, Jack White (Great take on social media) Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Ice Cube etc. 

Long story short, AXS has become my "lock down" go to.    
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2020, 03:59:57 PM »
Binge watching:
Outlander
Umbrella Academy(Stupid ass Elliot twit not withstanding)
Lost in Space (neat concept, but I guess not enough viewers)
Life Below Zero (I am not a fan of the cold)
Mandelorian for sure.
Mrs. Maisel (Wife likes it)
The Expanse. Gritty sci-fi.

I have been told is good:
Bosch
The Boys

Old but good:
Psych
Justified
Castle
Grimm
Agents of Shield
Stargate SG1 (I just binge watched all 10 season a few moths ago. Hey, its COVID. The non HD episodes were hard)
Person of Interest

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2020, 04:23:31 PM »
I forgot Utopia.  Amazon show that is quite literally pandemic viewing. 

Watched it all.  Weird.  Possibly the worst timing of any show debut in the history of man.  There's a graphic novel comic that foretells a worldwide man-made pandemic with a billionaire at the center of a conspiracy that's driving it.  Is he making people sick on purpose to promote his agenda?

The show follows the carnage-filled exploits of a group of nerds who converge at a comic convention to bid on the surprise discovery of the follow-up to the original graphic novel.  They aren't the only people wanting it, though.  Some want it more than others.  

The problem for the Scooby gang of comic nerds is that their beloved graphic novel doesn't directly explain what's going on, the pages of the book are filled with context clues that hard-core followers pore over to glean the hidden meanings and understand the reality behind the facade.

Can't STAND John Cusack, but he plays Bill Gates basically.  

What's stunning to me is how closely some of this stuff hews to what's actually happening in the world today (sans the prophetic comic, of course).  If you can take a crowd standing outside a town under quarantine changing "release the vaccine"?  Then this probably works for you. 

What have yo done to earn your place in this crowded world? 

Has Jessica Rothe, Dwight (from Office), a few other faces you might recognize.  And a icily cruel quasi-bad guy who doesn't really fit any traditional bad-guy mold.

VERY odd show.  Pacing is weird.  It lags in odd places, flies in others.  There's a resigned brutality to it that almost seems normal.  Well, yeah, in a real situation you'd probably have to shoot that one.  Just how it works. 

Didn't much like the way it closed out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #16 on: December 08, 2020, 04:57:59 PM »
With so much political crap it what seems like every current show, we have gone somewhat old school.

Just finished the current Fargo, only current show I would say we have watched.

We have now starting watching:

LA Law (re-watching but really don't remember much of it) 
NYPD Blues-  Never saw it
Six feet under (re-watching)
House -Never saw it
Dateline uncovered-  this show, shows me how stupid and greedy folks are.
Boardwalk empire (start in Jan)

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #17 on: December 09, 2020, 09:02:51 AM »

I’ve made some more movies I’ll send you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #18 on: December 09, 2020, 09:06:53 AM »
I'm about to start Schitts Creek.  I watched one episode the other night, not sure what season it was from, but I knew I needed to go back to the beginning.  The one I watched had a bit of that Always Sunny feel to it.

If you love you some music, there's nothing better on the tubes than AXS TV.  One of the best channels I've ever seen.  With a few exceptions, it's all music, all of the time.  In the last few months alone, I've seen concerts from Heart, Bad Company, Peter Frampton, The Eagles, Tom Petty and a butt load of others.  You got Live From Daryl's House, Rock Legends (They're doing Bon Jovi today along with The Rolling Stones), The Big Interview with Dan Rather.

BTW, Dan Rather does one of the best interview sessions with a veritable plethora (Yeah, I said it) of stars.  These are one hour interviews and Rather covers it all and pulls no punches.  I've seen Kid Rock, Bryan Adams, Don Felder, Jack White (Great take on social media) Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Ice Cube etc.

I liked Schitts Creek. Saw all of it I guess. I put it up there with Ozark but maybe a little better to me. Not as good as Saul but that was my favorite of modern TV.

But you have to keep in mind my taste is much more refined.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: December 09, 2020, 09:26:20 AM »
I'm about to start Schitts Creek.  I watched one episode the other night, not sure what season it was from, but I knew I needed to go back to the beginning.  The one I watched had a bit of that Always Sunny feel to it.

If you love you some music, there's nothing better on the tubes than AXS TV.  One of the best channels I've ever seen.  With a few exceptions, it's all music, all of the time.  In the last few months alone, I've seen concerts from Heart, Bad Company, Peter Frampton, The Eagles, Tom Petty and a butt load of others.  You got Live From Daryl's House, Rock Legends (They're doing Bon Jovi today along with The Rolling Stones), The Big Interview with Dan Rather.

BTW, Dan Rather does one of the best interview sessions with a veritable plethora (Yeah, I said it) of stars.  These are one hour interviews and Rather covers it all and pulls no punches.  I've seen Kid Rock, Bryan Adams, Don Felder, Jack White (Great take on social media) Gene Simmons, Paul Stanley, Ice Cube etc.

Dan Rather can suck Satan's fiery asshole in hell. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions