Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2020-2021 Auburn Hoops Thread With No Post Season

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: The Official 2020-2021 Auburn Hoops Thread With No Post Season
« Reply #160 on: February 03, 2021, 10:07:55 AM »
A lot meh against UGA. Until we get a consistent 3-point shooter, we’ll be a spoiler team only.
Our guards got abused all night.  Matador D.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #161 on: February 03, 2021, 06:59:11 PM »
Bruce Pearl sucks.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #162 on: February 03, 2021, 11:26:44 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #163 on: February 04, 2021, 09:22:58 AM »
Здравствуйте, товарищи!

Наша организация занимается свыше 10 лет перевозками детей по Москве и МО, а также по всей России. Основные направления и виды нашей деятельности:

1) детское такси
2) такси для детей
3) такси с детским креслом
4) детское такси москва
5) детское такси тарифы
6) транспортная перевозки детей

Всегда рады помочь Вам! С уважением, TikTakTaxi.ru

такси минивэн с детскими креслами москва
перевозка детей рф
такси для детей
как заказать такси с детским креслом
детское такси минивэн
транспортная перевозки детей
детское такси цена
заказать яндекс такси детский
детское такси сопровождение
детское такси телефон
такси с детским автокреслом
как вызвать детское такси
такси перевозить детей
детское такси без сопровождения
такси с двумя детскими креслами
Agree 100%.  They look like a bunch of kids on a playground playing ball most of the time.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #164 on: February 04, 2021, 09:58:40 AM »
The FUGA game may just be our saving grace.  Anyone think a 5'10" college player who can't guard for shit, will be able to check 6'5" elite athletes on a nightly basis in the NBA?  Cooper is a supreme talent on offense, but he's a liability on D even at this level. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #165 on: February 04, 2021, 12:07:39 PM »
The FUGA game may just be our saving grace.  Anyone think a 5'10" college player who can't guard for shit, will be able to check 6'5" elite athletes on a nightly basis in the NBA?  Cooper is a supreme talent on offense, but he's a liability on D even at this level.

if were being honest....I like the guy and he's dynamic....he has great vision and can dish it out as good as I've seen, but he's a subpar shooter at the moment. He has no jump shot, he has no 3 point shot, no mid range shot, no fade away - he gets a lot off floaters and layups. And at the stripe drawing tons of contact. He is still a project at this level. But NBA teams don't usually choose guys in the 1st round that need to develop a jump shot. Just sayin....And that's just the offensive lackings.

As you mentioned above, there is the D SIDE which is his real liability.

The guy is def a spark for the team, and he changes the way other teams have to run plays but his game has a ton of gaps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #166 on: February 04, 2021, 01:43:26 PM »
The FUGA game may just be our saving grace.  Anyone think a 5'10" college player who can't guard for shit, will be able to check 6'5" elite athletes on a nightly basis in the NBA?  Cooper is a supreme talent on offense, but he's a liability on D even at this level.
Know you can't play with what you don't have but if Powell were on the floor contributing as we think he could the problems of defending Cooper would seem to go up exponentially because he can get the longer rebounds and at least shade an opponent in transition which is all that is required on the next level anyway.

Sadly though the season is shrinking and having both on the floor together seems like wishful thinking. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #167 on: February 05, 2021, 02:02:42 PM »
Know you can't play with what you don't have but if Powell were on the floor contributing as we think he could the problems of defending Cooper would seem to go up exponentially because he can get the longer rebounds and at least shade an opponent in transition which is all that is required on the next level anyway.

Sadly though the season is shrinking and having both on the floor together seems like wishful thinking.
Yep. He mussa buss his head real dang good!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #168 on: February 05, 2021, 02:13:47 PM »
We keep saying that but I'm starting to suspect some other reason for his extended absence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #169 on: February 05, 2021, 03:09:25 PM »
He got da brain pain, coach!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #170 on: February 07, 2021, 12:27:26 PM »
Our end of game defense is atrocious. The last seven minutes of our games are defense free!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #171 on: February 09, 2021, 11:45:59 PM »
Vandy was tough, but Coop is just too good. 
He's not good enough to beat the best, but he will keep us in most every game. 

I'm thinking JPowell will not be coming back this season.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #172 on: February 10, 2021, 09:43:04 AM »
Vandy was tough, but Coop is just too good.
He's not good enough to beat the best, but he will keep us in most every game.

I'm thinking JPowell will not be coming back this season.
First half was rough but they picked it up and almost scored 50 in the second.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #173 on: February 13, 2021, 02:51:41 PM »
I'm going to be in shock when Bruce starts calling some offensive plays to get us out of scoring draughts. Can anyone recall the beginning of a second half (this season) when the team actually played well?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #174 on: February 14, 2021, 02:37:13 AM »
I'm going to be in shock when Bruce starts calling some offensive plays to get us out of scoring draughts. Can anyone recall the beginning of a second half (this season) when the team actually played well?
Our bench is non existent.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #175 on: February 22, 2021, 10:38:16 AM »
we absolutely have the look and body language of a team that has finally figured out it has zero to play for now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #176 on: February 22, 2021, 12:34:06 PM »
we absolutely have the look and body language of a team that has finally figured out it has zero to play for now.
Apparently I have zero to watch for now.  I forgot they were playing until I saw it on the scroll.  "Oh, we lost by 24."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #177 on: March 01, 2021, 01:13:09 PM »
These Ruskies sure do love some AU basketball..
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #178 on: March 01, 2021, 03:04:31 PM »
Vlad, can you get your buddies out of here?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.