Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2020-2021 Auburn Hoops Thread With No Post Season

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: The Official 2020-2021 Auburn Hoops Thread With No Post Season
« Reply #140 on: January 22, 2021, 02:20:57 AM »
Too many guys gassed. We can’t afford to have Coop and Flanagan out at all right now. 
And Thor got bitchslapped after he was gassed in the second half. I think there was three drives by three different guys right by him to the basket at one time.
That being said, I can’t wait to get Powell on the floor with Coop.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Where is Administration tigersx.com ??
« Reply #141 on: January 22, 2021, 03:11:17 PM »
Can I contact Administration?
It is about advertisement on your website.
Regards.
I can help you with this. What would you like to advertise?

WT is the name Ruslan. Be glad to give you more information re advertising as we take that very seriously and I would love to talk to you about our affordable rates.

Also, I’d love to direct your wife or a decent looking woman in your family to my massive dong. I’d be glad to send them pics of my dick. PM me their cell number and I’m going to need to see a pic of them first. No fat chicks, please. Now, I’ll be straight up with you that I’ve put on a few during Covid but I can assure them, it’s like I’m a love making machine and my belly is the gas tank. 

I will drive it home on your wife. Ask some of the guys here if you want.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

jmar

« Reply #142 on: January 27, 2021, 09:03:59 AM »
Cooper has everyone's attention now that we've seen him play a few times. 
No way a veteran 12th ranked Mizzou team should have been an underdog last night to the most youthful team in the SEC. 
It's obviously due the sensational play of our point guard.
Can't wait to get Powell back so he and Thor can spot up for some threes and give the opposition something else to defend.
Our defense was very good especially in the later stages with a number of blocks inside and limited fouling considering we almost always give up muscle in the paint. Really good win.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #143 on: January 27, 2021, 09:29:36 AM »
The guys from SEC Network were interviewing Cooper after the game and asked him how anyone can stop him.  His answer?

You can't!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #144 on: January 27, 2021, 10:08:21 AM »
The guys from SEC Network were interviewing Cooper after the game and asked him how anyone can stop him.  His answer?

You can't!
Indeed...the little guy is a bitch to defend with two which is why I mentioned an extra jump shooter like Powell in the mix to shake things up.
Was in a discussion with my son about NBA aspirations and comparing Harper (unfair at this stage) who probably had a better long ball. 
I do think Cooper has better passing skills (visionwise) and forces you to foul him more by relentlessly taking it inside whereas Jared would sometimes camp outside for short periods.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 10:38:02 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #145 on: January 27, 2021, 02:56:25 PM »

You can't!

He made the SEC Player of the Week look stupid last night. Mizzou is one of the best D's in the country. And Sharife did as he pleased.....in about 31 mins. (7 on bench in first half, 2 in second half). Nice seeing Akingbola and Thor swat shit too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

jmar

« Reply #146 on: January 27, 2021, 03:19:40 PM »
He made the SEC Player of the Week look stupid last night. Mizzou is one of the best D's in the country. And Sharife did as he pleased.....in about 31 mins. (7 on bench in first half, 2 in second half). Nice seeing Akingbola and Thor swat shit too.
So fun to watch.
Some of our guys are smart and quick enough to work themselves open just in time for a pass on the blocks. He's not yapping at opponents or giving hand signals he's just allowing you to follow his lead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #147 on: January 27, 2021, 04:05:40 PM »
The D overall is not that good.  I heard an interview with Pearl just before the season and he said the one area that he sees as a weakness is defensive quickness.  And it shows a lot with guys getting wide open for 3's and beating their man off the dribble.  But where they make up for it is their length and ability to block shots.  Last night was a great example where numerous times, our guys were beaten off the dribble, but when a Mizzou player got near the rack, that shit got sent back. 

Saturday is going to be interesting.  I've seen Baylor play twice this year and that's some full grown men.  Really, really good defensively, only giving up 62 points a game while averaging in the 80's themselves.  It will be a monumental task but it will be good to see how this club has progressed with Cooper since Gonzaga owned that ass.

And is Powell ever coming back? 
« Last Edit: January 27, 2021, 04:54:50 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #148 on: January 27, 2021, 04:14:40 PM »

You can't!
I love to watch him. Almost as much as your wife taking a shower.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #149 on: January 27, 2021, 04:17:32 PM »
I love to watch him. Almost as much as your wife taking a shower.
My wife does not watch basketball in the shower.  We don't even have a TV in the bathroom.

You say the stupidest things.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #150 on: January 27, 2021, 04:19:13 PM »
My wife does not watch basketball in the shower.  We don't even have a TV in the bathroom.

I’m sorry, I didn’t realize that I actually said that out loud. J/k lol
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #151 on: January 27, 2021, 04:43:10 PM »

Well, He does have brain pain. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #152 on: January 27, 2021, 04:48:32 PM »
And is Powell ever coming back? 
He must have hit his gear pretty dang hard. It seems like any time he tries to practice, he get another headache. I would imagine he is about frustrated. He can see how much better the team is with Coop. And he sees a place for himself in the mix. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #153 on: January 27, 2021, 04:50:56 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #154 on: January 27, 2021, 05:46:42 PM »
He must have hit his gear pretty dang hard. It seems like any time he tries to practice, he get another headache. I would imagine he is about frustrated. He can see how much better the team is with Coop. And he sees a place for himself in the mix.
Powell's a shooter so Cooper handling the ball shouldn't pose a problem for him spotting up anymore than it does Thor.
But yeah he might qualify for a medical hardship as it stands. You guys know about that more than I do some of you being doctors and what not.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #155 on: January 27, 2021, 10:30:07 PM »
Powell's a shooter so Cooper handling the ball shouldn't pose a problem for him spotting up anymore than it does Thor.
But yeah he might qualify for a medical hardship as it stands. You guys know about that more than I do some of you being doctors and what not.
Doctors?? On here? There are lots of people who have played doctor.

Have you lost your mind?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2021, 01:46:00 PM »
What if Sharife bolts?
So looking ahead for 2021 we still look like a contender with signees 6'3" point guard Trey Alexander and 6'10"Jabari Smith given our current most veteran upperclassmen are (3) juniors.
Just looking at videos both create their own shots from the tough 10 to 12 feet range around the paint, something our recent guards and swingmen haven't really done much except on breaks and put-back dunks. 
This works well with Moore, Thor or any combination of forwards on the floor and if Powell is still with the team...even better. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #157 on: January 30, 2021, 06:23:51 PM »
Dem bahrs was just too much. I wasn’t impressed with the officials, but we needed every advantage we could get to stay with them the whole game. 
We need Powell’s 3-point shooting back badly. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #158 on: February 01, 2021, 10:24:38 AM »
I like what Fran Fru-shiller was saying during the broadcast when he said If....IF Cooper returns, then Auburn will be one of the best teams in the country.  Now granted, he was pretty sure Coop is a one-and-done, but if he doesn't grade out first round, there's a chance he'll be back. 

I was talking with some guys Friday about him and we agreed that he's really, really good, but he just doesn't need to be quite this good right now.  I never thought Auburn would be hit so hard with the early departure bug.  I know Chuma Okeke was here for 2 years but came out as soon as it became obvious dat boy gooood.  Okoro jetted after one, and most likely Cooper will be gone too. 

Wishful thinking though.  Maybe the NBA thinks he's too short. Yeah, that's the ticket.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #159 on: February 02, 2021, 11:40:09 PM »
A lot meh against UGA. Until we get a consistent 3-point shooter, we’ll be a spoiler team only. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions