Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Official 2020-2021 Auburn Hoops Thread With No Post Season

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: The Official 2020-2021 Auburn Hoops Thread With No Post Season
« Reply #60 on: December 22, 2020, 08:42:41 AM »
Shariffe participated in pre-game warmups and was on the sideline for this one...hopefully that means good news is coming.

Oh...FUCK the NCAA and Georgia!

he speaks for all of us 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #61 on: December 22, 2020, 09:36:27 AM »
So you're saying the Shariffe is near?
What did he say?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #62 on: December 22, 2020, 10:23:58 AM »
So you're saying the Shariffe is near?
up yours, nagger
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #63 on: December 22, 2020, 04:31:56 PM »
Auburn playing right now on SEC Network.  Up 8 on Appy State with 14:00 to go in the second half.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #64 on: December 22, 2020, 05:31:50 PM »
14 point win (67-53) for the Fighting Pearls to go to 6-2.  They start SEC play Wednesday against a damn good Arkansas club.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2020, 08:42:27 PM »
14 point win (67-53) for the Fighting Pearls to go to 6-2.  They start SEC play Wednesday against a damn good Arkansas club.
They are gonna get schooled by some senior laden teams. But they are gonna take some down also.

Odd seeing a 6’6” PG at AU.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2020, 10:11:33 PM »
They are gonna get schooled by some senior laden teams. But they are gonna take some down also.

Odd seeing a 6’6” PG at AU.
Yep.  Just hoping they gel a little more every time out.  Also hope Cooper can get out there and be as advertised.  If he is, that could be a difference maker.  I’m assuming he didn’t play today.  I just saw the score while at work.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #67 on: December 23, 2020, 12:07:51 AM »
Dang! Just watched the game DVR'ed. Offense has been great but defense last two games is smothering. Get Shariff in the flow and it will get ugly for opposing teams. Powell had a pedestrian night but you can see Pearl is expecting Shariff to be back. Flanigan is exerting his will. Ark may get us but I'm not so sure. Pearl is coaching his ass off and the kids are responding.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #68 on: December 23, 2020, 04:05:53 PM »
Yep.  Just hoping they gel a little more every time out.  Also hope Cooper can get out there and be as advertised.  If he is, that could be a difference maker.  I’m assuming he didn’t play today.  I just saw the score while at work.
No coop yet.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #69 on: December 23, 2020, 04:07:27 PM »
No coop yet.
Getting closer though, it seems.  He was involved in the warmups and Turbo has pushed the Multidimensional Transponder button to beam out of Auburn.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #70 on: December 31, 2020, 10:36:39 AM »
Got handled by a good Piggy team last night.  Stayed with them until about 5 minutes to go, then faded.  Bruce is the man.  No doubt.  But his offensive philosophy of everyone launch a 3 whether you're open or not, is cringe-worthy. They've got all this talent and more size and length than they've ever had and they don't even try to have an inside game.  It's just pass it around the perimeter and rain 3's.  If you're hitting them, great, you can run with anybody.  If not, UCF beats your ass.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #71 on: December 31, 2020, 11:46:02 AM »
Got handled by a good Piggy team last night.  Stayed with them until about 5 minutes to go, then faded.  Bruce is the man.  No doubt.  But his offensive philosophy of everyone launch a 3 whether you're open or not, is cringe-worthy. They've got all this talent and more size and length than they've ever had and they don't even try to have an inside game.  It's just pass it around the perimeter and rain 3's.  If you're hitting them, great, you can run with anybody.  If not, UCF beats your ass. 

i think you’re oversimplifying what is going on. That’s not his philosophy at all. It’s the result you are seeing on the court as a result of other things going on. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #72 on: December 31, 2020, 11:58:15 AM »
i think you’re oversimplifying what is going on. That’s not his philosophy at all. It’s the result you are seeing on the court as a result of other things going on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2020, 01:11:50 PM »
I will say this, if Thor gains weight and strength, he could end up being one of our best ever players. The guy can move with the ball really well. He just doesn’t have the size to finish yet. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2020, 02:26:51 PM »
I will say this, if Thor gains weight and strength, he could end up being one of our best ever players. The guy can move with the ball really well. He just doesn’t have the size to finish yet.
I read a piece on him before the season and he said he's always patterned his game after Kevin Durant.  I followed enough NBA pre-BLM, to know KD is 6'11" to 7 footer who is slightly built and has a game that takes people away from the basket.  He can drain 3's all day or pop 12-15 footers over you.  That was what Thor said he works on constantly.  I saw him with a couple of nice moves like that last night.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #75 on: December 31, 2020, 08:35:36 PM »

Saying don’t confuse the intention with the end result. No one in their right mind thinks Bp’s plan is to ever launch 48 threes and miss 70% of them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #76 on: January 01, 2021, 08:09:24 PM »
Saying don’t confuse the intention with the end result. No one in their right mind thinks Bp’s plan is to ever launch 48 threes and miss 70% of them.
You went full jmar
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2021, 12:26:51 PM »
You went full jmar
There's no known cure.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2021, 01:37:51 PM »
There's no known cure.
More cow bell? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2021, 03:26:24 PM »
More cow bell?
You know I actually heard "Don't Fear the Reaper" the other morning in the wee hours and paid very close attention to it for overpowering cow bell.
Not present unless I'm stone deaf.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions