Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

A Day of Reckoning

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
A Day of Reckoning
« on: November 25, 2020, 10:46:27 AM »
Maybe I'm tiresome, but I don't care.  One day you're going to look back and (as usual) think "damn, that Kaos was right."  

This country is headed for a day of reckoning. Sooner rather than later.  The reason all comes down to two basic concepts:  earned vs. given and survive vs. thrive.  

Background:  My 21 year old daughter (no pics, you filthy hoors) has made a point of paying her own way.  When she wanted an apartment, she saved her money and got a job while she's going to school.   She called me last week and said she had a chance to work in a warehouse over the holidays sorting packages. 2 am - 6 am.  She wants to do it because they pay $19 an hour (more than twice what she makes at her current job), she can keep that current job and still maintain her class schedule.  

Dad?  I said no.  Too dangerous. Too hard. She doesn't want to do that kind of grueling manual labor, it might be too much.  

And then I thought about it.  THAT is what's wrong with society today.  I advised my daughter AGAINST taking a job because it might be hard on her. Forget the lessons she might learn (such as "I will get the kind of degree that makes it so I never have to do that again" -- call it the Sawmill Moment).  I was wrong.  I called her this morning and told her she should give it a shot. 

But too many parents make the same misguided mistake I almost made.  In an effort to "protect" our children from the hardships we faced, we've made them soft, weak, easy to herd and unable to appreciate what they have.  

Think about it this way.  You are less likely to cherish and care for something that was handed to you than you are something you had to work, sweat, and bleed to earn.  I've watched my own kids trash their own bedrooms but keep their apartments spotless. Maybe it's human nature.  

Then think about this.  The current generation of weak ass mommy parts was simply handed the greatest freedom the world has ever known.  They didn't have to work for it. They didn't have to see their friends die to protect it. They didn't have to bleed on foreign soil to defend it from the threat of invasion.  Since WWII we've had wars, but there was never any sense of impending peril, no thought of an army invading this country like there was when our grandfathers and great grandfathers nutted up and saved this way of life.  That's why the current generation has no respect for the amazing freedoms we have. It's why they are so gullible and willing to accept that other (historically abysmal failures) systems have similar merit.  

When I advised my daughter to decline the opportunity to work at a job that might not be optimal, I was ashamed of myself.  

I worked a series of terrible jobs because I had to in order to support my family.  When I was in my late 20s, I was adrift (had flunked out of college).  Already married and with a child, I'd worked my way up from a collections job to running and then starting my own furniture store.  When I sold it, I put money in the bank but didn't know what I wanted to do with myself.  Took a job working at a saw mill. Was going to eventually be a surveyor (supposedly) but company policy was that you had to work every job in the plant for a month or two before you could move into the training path.  I was put on the wood chipper.  Clocked in at 11 pm.  Until 7 am I used a steel rod to prod scraps from pine trees into a giant bladed wheel that spit out chunky sawdust. The wood scraps constantly bounced out of the conveyor, smacking me in the face. When it got jammed you had to unjam it by pounding at the scraps until the chipper could start chewing it up again.  Hot, nasty, dangerous, difficult work.  I didn't make two weeks.  Laying in the back of my truck with a black eye from where a piece of wood had smacked me in the face, bleeding from another place where wood had bashed me earlier, my entire body vibrating due to the constant thrum of machinery, I looked up at the stars and said "fuck this. Whatever I have to do, I will never work at a job like this again."  I took a bite of my peanut butter and jelly sandwich, got in my truck and went home.  Called the supervisor and said they could just keep my pay, I was done and I wasn't coming back.  Enrolled in college the following Monday. Didn't flunk out because I had purpose. 

That was just one of the shit jobs I had, but I did them to survive. 

I think about my dad who worked in the pits of a trucking company to help make it through college after four years in the military.  I think about my grandfather and grandmother who worked in a factory for 40+ years.  I think about my grandfather on my dad's side who couldn't afford college so he taught himself chemistry and then worked at a paint manufacturing plant where he developed paint and epoxy formulas that are patented and still used today.  My grandparents and my dad all had gardens.  Not because they needed a hobby, but because we had to have the food to survive.  

We're denying our kids those hardships.  Our intentions are good, but the result is what you see in the street today.  An entire generation of pampered fucks with no respect for work (you should give what you make to me), no appreciation for freedoms (put your MAAAASK on!!), no understanding or recognition of gift their forefathers gave to them.  

When you have an entire generation so pampered that it has the capacity to be outraged over nonsensical shit like what  pronoun is used to refer to a man or the time to care what kind of limp plumper Khloe Kardashian uses to make her face look like it was stung by a swarm of bees?  You have a generation that has no sense of what's truly valuable. What truly matters.  

There's a day of reckoning coming.  We will first rot from within (and that's already happened) and once we are weak enough (won't be long) an outside force will overwhelm us.  The sham election of Joe Biden coupled with the farce of COVID has hastened that decline. The fools pulling that crypt-dweller's strings will push an agenda of 'globalism' (for our own good) on us that will render the America we once cherished unrecognizable.  Our economy will be destroyed and when these clueless fuckers wake up enough to wonder what happened, we will be under somebody else's thumb.  And then it will be too late.  

The problem is there are very few left to stand in the way.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: A Day of Reckoning
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2020, 02:45:05 PM »
My kids and almost anyone around me hear me say it almost daily.  "You have to have skin in the game."  There is zero substitute for having a vested interest.  Doesn't matter if it is monetary, sweat, or both.  it has to be there.

Somewhere along the way a lot of people in this country woke up on third base and thought they were the ones who hit the triple.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2020, 03:16:05 PM »
My kids and almost anyone around me hear me say it almost daily.  "You have to have skin in the game."  There is zero substitute for having a vested interest.  Doesn't matter if it is monetary, sweat, or both.  it has to be there.

Somewhere along the way a lot of people in this country woke up on third base and thought they were the ones who hit the triple.
That's deep Shane.

My simple story is semi-related.  I had been out of college, married and working for about 13-14 years before I made the decision to go to law school.  No way I could quit work and go full time, so the school that worked for me was two hours away and offered night classes.  I worked from 8:00 a.m. to about 4:30 and then drove the two hours to make it just in time for class.  Got out about 9:30 and headed south again.  Got up and did it all over again the next day, then repeated that process 4-5 days a week for the next 3 plus years.  Studying was done in the morning before work and at lunch.  

The thing about law school is that none of the time, sacrifices or unbelievable amounts of debt incurred (Still paying on loans) meant anything unless I passed that 3 day pop quiz at the end known as the Alabama Bar Exam.  Thankfully, I did.  

It was a sacrifice and a grind like nothing I ever wanted to go through again.  But the point to all of that is there's no way in HAYULL I would have ever lasted two semesters if I didn't have that skin in the game.  This was my choice.  My time. My family  Our money. Had I gone into law school fresh out of Auburn, let's just say that would have been one big joke.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2020, 03:42:02 PM »
I want you to make 'em understand: Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America — because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.
--Chesty Puller
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2020, 04:28:52 PM »
I want you to make 'em understand: Our country won't go on forever, if we stay soft as we are now. There won't be any America — because some foreign soldiery will invade us and take our women and breed a hardier race.
--Chesty Puller
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shit-kickers and Methodists.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 04:37:44 PM »
Maybe I'm tiresome, but I don't care.  One day you're going to look back and (as usual) think "damn, that Kaos was right." 

This country is headed for a day of reckoning. Sooner rather than later.  The reason all comes down to two basic concepts:  earned vs. given and survive vs. thrive. 

Background:  My 21 year old daughter (no pics, you filthy hoors) has made a point of paying her own way.  When she wanted an apartment, she saved her money and got a job while she's going to school.  She called me last week and said she had a chance to work in a warehouse over the holidays sorting packages. 2 am - 6 am.  She wants to do it because they pay $19 an hour (more than twice what she makes at her current job), she can keep that current job and still maintain her class schedule. 

Dad?  I said no.  Too dangerous. Too hard. She doesn't want to do that kind of grueling manual labor, it might be too much. 

And then I thought about it.  THAT is what's wrong with society today.  I advised my daughter AGAINST taking a job because it might be hard on her. Forget the lessons she might learn (such as "I will get the kind of degree that makes it so I never have to do that again" -- call it the Sawmill Moment).  I was wrong.  I called her this morning and told her she should give it a shot.

But too many parents make the same misguided mistake I almost made.  In an effort to "protect" our children from the hardships we faced, we've made them soft, weak, easy to herd and unable to appreciate what they have. 

Think about it this way.  You are less likely to cherish and care for something that was handed to you than you are something you had to work, sweat, and bleed to earn.  I've watched my own kids trash their own bedrooms but keep their apartments spotless. Maybe it's human nature. 

Then think about this.  The current generation of weak ass mommy parts was simply handed the greatest freedom the world has ever known.  They didn't have to work for it. They didn't have to see their friends die to protect it. They didn't have to bleed on foreign soil to defend it from the threat of invasion.  Since WWII we've had wars, but there was never any sense of impending peril, no thought of an army invading this country like there was when our grandfathers and great grandfathers nutted up and saved this way of life.  That's why the current generation has no respect for the amazing freedoms we have. It's why they are so gullible and willing to accept that other (historically abysmal failures) systems have similar merit. 

When I advised my daughter to decline the opportunity to work at a job that might not be optimal, I was ashamed of myself. 

I worked a series of terrible jobs because I had to in order to support my family.  When I was in my late 20s, I was adrift (had flunked out of college).  Already married and with a child, I'd worked my way up from a collections job to running and then starting my own furniture store.  When I sold it, I put money in the bank but didn't know what I wanted to do with myself.  Took a job working at a saw mill. Was going to eventually be a surveyor (supposedly) but company policy was that you had to work every job in the plant for a month or two before you could move into the training path.  I was put on the wood chipper.  Clocked in at 11 pm.  Until 7 am I used a steel rod to prod scraps from pine trees into a giant bladed wheel that spit out chunky sawdust. The wood scraps constantly bounced out of the conveyor, smacking me in the face. When it got jammed you had to unjam it by pounding at the scraps until the chipper could start chewing it up again.  Hot, nasty, dangerous, difficult work.  I didn't make two weeks.  Laying in the back of my truck with a black eye from where a piece of wood had smacked me in the face, bleeding from another place where wood had bashed me earlier, my entire body vibrating due to the constant thrum of machinery, I looked up at the stars and said "fuck this. Whatever I have to do, I will never work at a job like this again."  I took a bite of my peanut butter and jelly sandwich, got in my truck and went home.  Called the supervisor and said they could just keep my pay, I was done and I wasn't coming back.  Enrolled in college the following Monday. Didn't flunk out because I had purpose.

That was just one of the shit jobs I had, but I did them to survive.

I think about my dad who worked in the pits of a trucking company to help make it through college after four years in the military.  I think about my grandfather and grandmother who worked in a factory for 40+ years.  I think about my grandfather on my dad's side who couldn't afford college so he taught himself chemistry and then worked at a paint manufacturing plant where he developed paint and epoxy formulas that are patented and still used today.  My grandparents and my dad all had gardens.  Not because they needed a hobby, but because we had to have the food to survive. 

We're denying our kids those hardships.  Our intentions are good, but the result is what you see in the street today.  An entire generation of pampered fucks with no respect for work (you should give what you make to me), no appreciation for freedoms (put your MAAAASK on!!), no understanding or recognition of gift their forefathers gave to them. 

When you have an entire generation so pampered that it has the capacity to be outraged over nonsensical shit like what  pronoun is used to refer to a man or the time to care what kind of limp plumper Khloe Kardashian uses to make her face look like it was stung by a swarm of bees?  You have a generation that has no sense of what's truly valuable. What truly matters. 

There's a day of reckoning coming.  We will first rot from within (and that's already happened) and once we are weak enough (won't be long) an outside force will overwhelm us.  The sham election of Joe Biden coupled with the farce of COVID has hastened that decline. The fools pulling that crypt-dweller's strings will push an agenda of 'globalism' (for our own good) on us that will render the America we once cherished unrecognizable.  Our economy will be destroyed and when these clueless fuckers wake up enough to wonder what happened, we will be under somebody else's thumb.  And then it will be too late. 

The problem is there are very few left to stand in the way. 
My boys, I have no problem with working the 2-6 sorting packages. My daughter?

Different story. She’s the youngest and not to that age yet but still. I can honestly say that I do not know how I would react if she fell in love with Jaquarvon and joined Antifa.

To be fair, I don’t think I’d handle it very well if either of my sons did this, either.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 04:52:58 PM »
That's deep Shane.

My simple story is semi-related.  I had been out of college, married and working for about 13-14 years before I made the decision to go to law school.  No way I could quit work and go full time, so the school that worked for me was two hours away and offered night classes.  I worked from 8:00 a.m. to about 4:30 and then drove the two hours to make it just in time for class.  Got out about 9:30 and headed south again.  Got up and did it all over again the next day, then repeated that process 4-5 days a week for the next 3 plus years.  Studying was done in the morning before work and at lunch. 

The thing about law school is that none of the time, sacrifices or unbelievable amounts of debt incurred (Still paying on loans) meant anything unless I passed that 3 day pop quiz at the end known as the Alabama Bar Exam.  Thankfully, I did. 

It was a sacrifice and a grind like nothing I ever wanted to go through again.  But the point to all of that is there's no way in HAYULL I would have ever lasted two semesters if I didn't have that skin in the game.  This was my choice.  My time. My family  Our money. Had I gone into law school fresh out of Auburn, let's just say that would have been one big joke. 
You really pulled yourself by the bootstrap and I’m proud of you for that.

Montgomery Country Club wasn’t exactly a bed of roses back in the day, I know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 04:58:34 PM »
You really pulled yourself by the bootstrap and I’m proud of you for that.

Montgomery Country Club wasn’t exactly a bed of roses back in the day, I know.
You're telling me.  For some reason, they couldn't keep good wait staff during my entire time there.  And the pool was under maintenance half the time. The skruggle was real.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2020, 05:07:46 PM »
You're telling me.  For some reason, they couldn't keep good wait staff during my entire time there.  And the pool was under maintenance half the time. The skruggle was real.
I know your father was doing the best that he could for your family. We must remember that but I’m sure the tough upbringing helped by inspiring you to want to never have to experience a poorly maintained private club with an undertrained wait staff, again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2020, 05:12:28 PM »
I know your father was doing the best that he could for your family. We must remember that but I’m sure the tough upbringing helped by inspiring you to want to never have to experience a poorly maintained private club with an undertrained wait staff, again.
There was a time where we were in between butlers and maids at our house for almost 10 days.  My parents made me pick up my own room and carry my dirty clothes to the laundry room all by myself.  It was that tough love that made me the non-binary individual I am today.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 05:14:08 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2020, 05:18:00 PM »
I want rustlers, cut throats, murderers, bounty hunters, desperados, mugs, pugs, thugs, nitwits, halfwits, dimwits, vipers, snipers, con men, Indian agents, Mexican bandits, muggers, buggerers, bushwhackers, hornswogglers, horse thieves, bull dykes, train robbers, bank robbers, ass-kickers, shoot-kickers and Methodists.
You said rape twice
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2020, 05:31:58 PM »
You said rape twice
I like rape.

Wait a moment.  What have you got in your mouth?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2020, 05:10:09 PM »
Worked the wood yard at the paper mill one summer. That chipper is an awesome and terrifying piece of machinery!
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 12:01:36 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2020, 08:39:39 PM »

All of this post ^^^. I want to dry hump it. Hard. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2020, 08:48:58 PM »
All of this post ^^^. I want to dry hump it. Hard.
That’s weird.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2020, 11:58:06 AM »
That’s weird.
Oh yeah. Well you’re just jealous. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions