friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Iron Bowl
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2020, 07:22:19 AM »
Gus said something to the effect of "we weren't ready in the first half" and followed it up with how proud he was of the team for fighting to a 20 point blowout loss in their biggest game of the year.

I was stupid to think it would be anything other than what was. Alabama looked bored because we are in the bottom half of challenge on their schedule this year and about 4th in importance to them. They will smoke LSU next and then Arkansas on their way to roasting the Gators in the SECCG. Rinse repeat. Just like always.

Meanwhile, we'll get to ride the Jimbo struggle bus where we'll lose to the most boring team in the country. Hey, at least we get to finish the season mauling what's left of Miss. St. and Mike Leach's coaching cred.

This program is a joke. Gus managed to get outcoached by a coach who wasn't even there.

Like Patrick Swayze once sang, "Just a fool to believe Gus is anything I need. He's a fart in the wind."
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 07:36:40 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2020, 10:26:43 AM »
The blissful freedom of not even being aware the game was on is liberating beyond description.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2020, 10:02:05 AM »
The blissful freedom of not even being aware the game was on is liberating beyond description. 
That's a lie. If you live in Alabama, you knew damn well the game was on.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2020, 02:53:39 PM »
That's a lie. If you live in Alabama, you knew damn well the game was on.
I live in Alabama and can honestly tell you that until my lady friend got to the house for our annual separate after-Thanksgiving dinner and said "turn it off it got so bad?"  I was 1000% unaware.  I had no idea the game was even being played.  (Even bigger truth?  The way things are for me right now work wise?  I really didn't even know what day of the week it was).  

I noticed a few more orange shirts at the gym that morning, but didn't think much of it.  Since I liberated myself from the clothes, tags, and other identifying marks I don't get the random comments from strangers any longer. 

Notes: 

I got rid of most of my Auburn gear.  What I have, I don't wear any more.
I haven't looked at al.com (until Sunday) since Halloween.  I don't need that stress from those communist assclowns. 
I haven't looked at Fox News since Halloween or watched the local news either. Don't give a shit.
I haven't listened to one second of sports-talk radio since last year. 
ESPN (or any of its affiliated channels) has not been on my television since the BLM bullshit started. Fuck them.
I've watched some of LSU's games out of deference to my friend. In those cases I've seen some AU plays during cutaways.  But she's disillusioned, too so that's been limited. 

No NFL. No NBA. No MLB. None of it.  All gone from my life, my radar, my thoughts.

Haven't purposely watched a single live snap of Auburn football this entire season. Amazingly, it doesn't bother me in the least.  I have no idea what our record is. I don't know who (or if) we play again. I don't know offhand who we beat and who we lost to (other than South Carolina and now Alabama). It's like this giant load lifted off me. I've found (beyond any expectation) that I don't need it, don't really miss it.

I still like coming hear to read about the buffoonery, but all it really does is reinforce my decision to let it go (for now and maybe for a long time). 

« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 03:03:49 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.