Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

It was just a matter of time

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: It was just a matter of time
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2020, 03:48:28 PM »
I'm saying the law, as articulated above, has been enforced for about that long.
No.  Nobody in 1970, 1980, 1990, 2000, 2010, 2019 was ever charged with assault for breathing.

So you can stop that right there. 

Again, it's the application (aka interpretation) of what constitutes those offenses.  You know as well as I do that it's sliding well past overreach.  

Don't wear a mask?  OMG he assaulted me with his uncovered face!!!
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 03:50:40 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2020, 03:55:14 PM »
No.  Nobody in 1970, 1980, 1990, 2000, 2010, 2019 was ever charged with assault for breathing.

Again, it's the application (aka interpretation) of what constitutes those offenses.  You know as well as I do that it's sliding well past overreach. 

U-G-L-Y You ain't got no alibi.  You ugly, yeah yeah you ugly.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2020, 05:50:54 PM »
Alabama Code Title 13A. Criminal Code § 13A-6-22

(a) A person commits the crime of assault in the third degree if:
(1) With intent to cause physical injury to another person, he causes physical injury to any person;  or
(2) He recklessly causes physical injury to another person;  or
(3) With criminal negligence he causes physical injury to another person by means of a deadly weapon or a dangerous instrument;  or
(4) With intent to prevent a peace officer from performing a lawful duty, he causes physical injury to any person.

(b) Assault in the third degree is a Class A misdemeanor.

I would assume that most states code for assault is very similar to this.
  And we all know how well the judges are about making up or changing laws to benefit themselves or an agenda and this has agenda written all over it.
 And 13A-6-23 says:

(a) A person commits the crime of menacing if, by physical action, he intentionally places or attempts to place another person in fear of imminent serious physical injury.

But thanks for selectively quoting statutes at me.  Predictably, Alabama has a stronger standard for simple assault...but then flag burning is still a law under this section...so.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

wesfau2

« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2020, 05:53:28 PM »

I'm not cite-checking you, but I'll bet you're wrong from about 2010 forward.

We know more about aerosol-spread than we used to and our application of established law evolves.  So, yeah, you're just fucking wrong here.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2020, 07:23:18 PM »
I'm not cite-checking you, but I'll bet you're wrong from about 2010 forward.

We know more about aerosol-spread than we used to and our application of established law evolves.  So, yeah, you're just fucking wrong here.

Look who thinks we're stupid.  

Cite check away.  Show me the "he breathed on me" assault charges from 2010-2020.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2020, 07:25:30 PM »
And 13A-6-23 says:

(a) A person commits the crime of menacing if, by physical action, he intentionally places or attempts to place another person in fear of imminent serious physical injury.

But thanks for selectively quoting statutes at me.  Predictably, Alabama has a stronger standard for simple assault...but then flag burning is still a law under this section...so.
At no point in American history until... well... now... has this definition been stretched to the act of breathing.  

I didn't mind it being stretched to knowingly attempting to infect someone with AIDS.  

This?  O.v.e.r.r.e.a.c.h.   And it's only going to get worse because (no offense) people like you contort themselves to defend this absurdity as something legitimate.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2020, 10:07:03 PM »
At no point in American history until... well... now... has this definition been stretched to the act of breathing. 

Prove your assertion or plug your suck hole.  You've become the most tiresome person ever.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #27 on: November 25, 2020, 12:28:32 AM »
Prove your assertion or plug your suck hole.  You've become the most tiresome person ever.
That's not how it works, fucko.  

You want to counter, it can't be just "every one knows" or "I'm not going to look it up" or "the science is clear" because all of that is bullshit.  

Go ahead.  You said there were lots of cases, especially since we learned so much about aerosol transmission. 
 *snicker* 
Let's hear about them all. 

Oh, here.  Let me help you.  From the very fucking article that was cited: 

Criminal defense lawyer Brad Haywood, a public defender in Arlington, says law enforcement might have hesitated because there is little precedent for this kind of case.

“It’s quite possible they look at this and they say, ‘I have never seen a case like this, where breathing constituted an assault and I’m not going to be the first one to get that snowball running down the hill,’” he says.

Should I point out a few words?  

Never - "never seen a case like this" 
Little - "little precedent" 
First - "I'm not going to be the first one to get that snowball running..."  

Full of shit, know it and assume affronted/superior attitude because you know you're accidentally dug a hole and can't get out of it.   

That banging sound you heard was K to the A-the "a stands for always right" -OS slamming the door on your hand.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #28 on: November 25, 2020, 09:23:27 AM »
That did sound like a liberal argument. They claimed something. You refuted it. Then they want you to prove their claim wrong. Hmmm. 
I will lie and it will be the truth unless you prove it a lie?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #29 on: November 25, 2020, 10:29:03 AM »
Wes, Straight up, this is an embarrassment to the legal profession. Almost as much as Snags.

You just got the shit kicked out of you by a man representing himself. One with no law degree. A self-made man.

I’m not saying I would have won. But I would’ve done better than this with even half a brain.

And you can bet your cute little fancy ass that I would’ve at least insulted his family and threatened physical harm after the verbal abuse got so bad that I had begun to cry. Damn, man. Fight back with something,

It is time to invest in a new thesaurus.

The court overwhelmingly rules in favor of Kaos but would have appreciated a better effort on your behalf. 

All bsaside, you should probably consider another profession.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2020, 11:01:34 AM »
Wes, Straight up, this is an embarrassment to the legal profession. Almost as much as Snags.

You just got the shit kicked out of you by a man representing himself. One with no law degree. A self-made man.

I’m not saying I would have won. But I would’ve done better than this with even half a brain.

And you can bet your cute little fancy ass that I would’ve at least insulted his family and threatened physical harm after the verbal abuse got so bad that I had begun to cry. Damn, man. Fight back with something,

It is time to invest in a new thesaurus.

The court overwhelmingly rules in favor of Kaos but would have appreciated a better effort on your behalf.

All bsaside, you should probably consider another profession.
I've watched almost every episode of Perry Mason, LA Law, Law & Order, Paper Chase, Better Call Saul, Rumpole of the Bailey, The Practice, Ally McBeal, and Matlock.  I watched numerous episodes of Boston Legal. I've read all of John Grisham's books. I watched 12 Angry Men. I watched The Verdict, My Cousin Vinny, Witness for the Prosecution, Presumed Innocent, Lincoln Lawyer, and Devil's Advocate.  I watched To Kill a Mockingbird like eight times. 

I know big words like wherefore, forthwith, heretofore, heresay and actus reus. 

I'd put my legal background up against anybody's.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2020, 11:09:49 AM »
I've watched almost every episode of Perry Mason, LA Law, Law & Order, Paper Chase, Better Call Saul, Rumpole of the Bailey, The Practice, Ally McBeal, and Matlock.  I watched numerous episodes of Boston Legal. I've read all of John Grisham's books. I watched 12 Angry Men. I watched The Verdict, My Cousin Vinny, Witness for the Prosecution, Presumed Innocent, Lincoln Lawyer, and Devil's Advocate.  I watched To Kill a Mockingbird like eight times.

I know big words like wherefore, forthwith, heretofore, heresay and actus reus.

I'd put my legal background up against anybody's. 
All kidding aside, I’m calling you next time I need a lawyer. I’d like to request a Matlock approach but whatever you deem most effective.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2020, 11:41:45 AM »
All kidding aside, I’m calling you next time I need a lawyer. I’d like to request a Matlock approach but whatever you deem most effective.
In all seriousness?  When I'm negotiating contracts and such with companies and organizations up north? The Matlock approach is the one I find most effective.  Aw, shucks, just a country guy.  They think they can get over usually.  Being underestimated is always an advantage. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2020, 01:03:41 PM »
In all seriousness?  When I'm negotiating contracts and such with companies and organizations up north? The Matlock approach is the one I find most effective.  Aw, shucks, just a country guy.  They think they can get over usually.  Being underestimated is always an advantage.
Like when she only thinks I got a stiff 3 and I spring an extra inch and an eighth on a bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2020, 01:45:36 PM »
.  Being underestimated is always an advantage.
I want to reply with something about Gus, but just can't find the words. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2020, 04:26:24 PM »
I want to reply with something about Gus, but just can't find the words.
I can't find the fucks to give about that.  I'm completely out. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #36 on: December 03, 2020, 01:45:18 PM »
Teh Google's is having a hard time of finding cases of assault by breathing on someone before 2020. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: December 03, 2020, 02:38:35 PM »
Teh Google's is having a hard time of finding cases of assault by breathing on someone before 2020.
What about peeing on someone?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #38 on: December 03, 2020, 02:48:10 PM »
Maybe the fact checkers got 'em
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #39 on: December 03, 2020, 04:50:02 PM »
I can't find the fucks to give about that.  I'm completely out.
I loaded mine up (like I am about to with my monies) and moved them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'