Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dim Bulbs

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Dim Bulbs
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2020, 11:35:03 AM »
Mini wanted to go there too, but he got some scholly money at Jacksonville.  We had been told to plan for $40K annually.  Thankfully he opted for the scholarship money and now it will only cost us around $18K annually.  That's still twice my salary...
Damn. When did you get a raise?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #41 on: November 20, 2020, 11:38:21 AM »
I went to a few sites to check the current average costs of a 4 year degree at Auburn.  This takes into account living in on-campus housing.  These figures are for the 2018-2019 school years and come from collegecalc.org

Tuition:  $11,276.00

Housing:  $13,332.00

Books/Supplies:  $1,200.00

Food/Expenses etc.:  $5,782.00

Total Per Year:  $31,590.00

Four Year Total Costs:  $126,360.00

The average annual cost for out-of-state students is just over $50,000.00.  Auburn currently has 30,460 in total enrollment.  In doing some Chizad math and using the in-state tuition amount, Auburn is taking in $343,466.960.00 annually in tuition alone.
What the libs that run the education system have yet to figure out is that government paid for college will work the same as medicaid.  Auburn may bill the government $31,590/year but they will only get paid a small fraction of that money.  Salaries for professors will be forced down, services and amenities for students will dry up, and private institutions that do not take government money for tuition will start to thrive.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #42 on: November 20, 2020, 11:48:49 AM »
The average annual cost for out-of-state students is just over $50,000.00. 
And sadly, Auburn is the only school that does nothing to alleviate the tuition cost for out of state students.  At Bama, if you score a 27+ on your ACT, and you live out of state, they start reducing the cost of out of state tuition. At Arkansas, if you live in a state that borders Arkansas, and you maintain a 3.40 GPA or higher, they will charge you in-state tuition.  Ole Miss does something similar to what Bama does, with regards to the ACT score.

The other thing to remember with the rising cost of tuition, it that it's also easier to get grants/scholarships than when we all went to Auburn.  Yes, it's expensive, I won't deny that, but there are avenues to make the cost lower.

Edit to add:  Auburn is also the only school that does nothing to actively recruit in the Missouri market.  Bama rented out Busch Stadium summer 2018 to have any high school senior come visit.  Ole Miss and Miss State do all kinds of shit around here.  It's very frustrating to talk to parents we are friends with, and hear their kid is going to Bama "The tuition Bama offered is cheaper, even with out of state tuition, than it would be to go to Illinois."
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 11:50:48 AM by AUJarhead »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: November 20, 2020, 12:12:28 PM »
Mini wanted to go there too, but he got some scholly money at Jacksonville.  We had been told to plan for $40K annually.  Thankfully he opted for the scholarship money and now it will only cost us around $18K annually.  That's still twice my salary...
As I said earlier, we're trying to make sure our Mini (6'2") gets as much at JC as possible while living at home.  My parents bought the PACT plan for our kids when they were born, so there will be a good bit of help with the tuition.  Won't come close to knocking it out but it will help.  I've been putting away a few duckies every month for years and we're hoping that will get us close to the end without having to take out a second mortgage and/or start a child trafficking business.  Lots of kids playing at the end of our street.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #44 on: November 20, 2020, 01:40:54 PM »
  Lots of kids playing at the end of our street.
Not for long
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #45 on: November 20, 2020, 02:19:12 PM »
And sadly, Auburn is the only school that does nothing to alleviate the tuition cost for out of state students.  At Bama, if you score a 27+ on your ACT, and you live out of state, they start reducing the cost of out of state tuition. At Arkansas, if you live in a state that borders Arkansas, and you maintain a 3.40 GPA or higher, they will charge you in-state tuition.  Ole Miss does something similar to what Bama does, with regards to the ACT score.

The other thing to remember with the rising cost of tuition, it that it's also easier to get grants/scholarships than when we all went to Auburn.  Yes, it's expensive, I won't deny that, but there are avenues to make the cost lower.

Edit to add:  Auburn is also the only school that does nothing to actively recruit in the Missouri market.  Bama rented out Busch Stadium summer 2018 to have any high school senior come visit.  Ole Miss and Miss State do all kinds of shit around here.  It's very frustrating to talk to parents we are friends with, and hear their kid is going to Bama "The tuition Bama offered is cheaper, even with out of state tuition, than it would be to go to Illinois."

Another "way" Auburn has lost its way. Me and my cousin both went to AU - we both ran XC, he was on full scholly - joined ALUM, TUF, rah rah sisboombah, bought tickets...all that jazz - and they have totally snubbed their noses at our other next gen family members, meaning they seem to not care one way or the other..... I know of others who have had the same thing happen to their kids and family members after years of donating, supporting, legacy, etc.

Mine will go elsewhere. Oldest is going trade/technical/vocation route. Thats his thing.....doesnt like the traditional classroom thing....wants a skill or 3. Thats fine by me. Youngest will go Track Scholly route at D2 or D1AA level somewhere semi-local - Columbus State, Valdosta, Ga Southern, etc - unless she snaps her leg in 5 pieces between now and then.

I have zero desire to let mine step foot on a campus I don't even recognize anymore - in many ways...it pains me in fact.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #46 on: November 20, 2020, 02:22:17 PM »
I have zero desire to let mine step foot on a campus I don't even recognize anymore - in many ways...it pains me in fact.
I think we are the outliers on this.  

I loved Auburn for a long time.  I still love THAT Auburn, but I don't know this one.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

« Reply #47 on: November 20, 2020, 02:23:45 PM »

I loved Auburn for a long time.  I still love THAT Auburn, but I don't know this one. 

If south Alabama offers a full track ride to the youngest, ill make sure to come visit though....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2020, 02:27:26 PM »
If south Alabama offers a full track ride to the youngest, ill make sure to come visit though....
Check Springhill in Mobile.  I've got connections with that track team.  It's a good place to go. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #49 on: November 20, 2020, 02:35:11 PM »
Damn. When did you get a raise?
I'm mopping the floors now, but soon I will be on the fries.  That's when the big bucks start rolling in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #50 on: November 20, 2020, 02:39:10 PM »
I'm mopping the floors now, but soon I will be on the fries.  That's when the big bucks start rolling in.

we need a new breading guy at the 280 Sylacagua location if you're interested
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #51 on: November 20, 2020, 02:50:02 PM »

I think there are more in that camp than you realize.  

This shit started downhill when that bitch wife of Muse's started outlawing tailgaiting on the grass.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2020, 02:53:14 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #53 on: November 20, 2020, 03:20:20 PM »

I'm right there with you.  I don't know the place anymore and it's not the same vibe as it was 25, 15, hell, even 5 years ago.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2020, 03:20:27 PM »
Another "way" Auburn has lost its way. Me and my cousin both went to AU - we both ran XC, he was on full scholly - joined ALUM, TUF, rah rah sisboombah, bought tickets...all that jazz - and they have totally snubbed their noses at our other next gen family members, meaning they seem to not care one way or the other..... I know of others who have had the same thing happen to their kids and family members after years of donating, supporting, legacy, etc.

Mine will go elsewhere. Oldest is going trade/technical/vocation route. Thats his thing.....doesnt like the traditional classroom thing....wants a skill or 3. Thats fine by me. Youngest will go Track Scholly route at D2 or D1AA level somewhere semi-local - Columbus State, Valdosta, Ga Southern, etc - unless she snaps her leg in 5 pieces between now and then.

Buzz’s boy goes to a HBC. But he’s black.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2020, 10:16:38 PM »
Buzz’s boy goes to a HBC. But he’s black.

Best halftime show you’ll ever see. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2020, 10:59:55 PM »
The kids tell me this is natural for every generation.  The things we remember and mourn aren’t the things they will.  They say when you reach a certain age you tend to look at the past through a cloudy lens and fear the future because it’s more and more out of your control and because it doesn’t fit the way you think or lived. They assure me my grandparents and great grandparents felt the same end-of-the world sense of doom. 

They point to the cesspool that was New York in the 70s and how they must have assumed the world was sinking into a satanic pit of debauchery. 

Some of that is probably true.  I’m sure every generation fears the fate of the world. 

Then I remind them that Donald Trump and Rudy were two of the primary architects of that city’s revival.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #57 on: November 21, 2020, 12:59:34 AM »
Another "way" Auburn has lost its way. Me and my cousin both went to AU - we both ran XC, he was on full scholly - joined ALUM, TUF, rah rah sisboombah, bought tickets...all that jazz - and they have totally snubbed their noses at our other next gen family members, meaning they seem to not care one way or the other..... I know of others who have had the same thing happen to their kids and family members after years of donating, supporting, legacy, etc.

My daughter wanted to cheer at AU. No way I was paying 27k for out of state tuition. Legacies get nothing at Alabama schools. 
She went to Kennesaw State for two years(6K/yr). Cheered. Won two national championships and then decided to be a radiology tech. Much cheaper route. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #58 on: November 21, 2020, 11:06:07 AM »
My daughter wanted to cheer at AU. No way I was paying 27k for out of state tuition. Legacies get nothing at Alabama schools.
She went to Kennesaw State for two years(6K/yr). Cheered. Won two national championships and then decided to be a radiology tech. Much cheaper route.
Hell yeah man. Congrats there. Good route. And yeah you’re right with the legacy thing. It’s a shame. I’ve heard from several I work with that Kennesaw is a pretty swell school. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #59 on: November 21, 2020, 02:17:47 PM »

Son, I'm gonna tell you this just one time.  If you wanna keep working here, stay off the drugs. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions