Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Pondering The Hunts

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Pondering The Hunts
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2020, 11:13:56 PM »
So if the deer Are color blind and can’t see the orange, what’s the purpose of camouflage?  You’ve got half camo and half solid. 
Actually in Alabama, you only need an orange hat. Deer see shapes. If you are a big solid shape in front of a tree, they know something is up. The camo is to break up your outline. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2020, 11:15:21 PM »
srsly tho dude....I like teh smoked sausage and burger as much as the next guy but if you are rationalizing somehow that any cut of red meat is healthier than a piece of wild Alaskan salmon, sardines, mahi or cod - you are out of your mind. It’s Not even a close contest.

Saying deer meat is the leanest of all the red meats is like saying you’re the hottest chick in the Catholic Convent.
I’ve never caught any of those in the stare of Alabama...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2020, 01:33:46 PM »
I really enjoy the outdoors.  We (the family) camp, hike, kayak, fish and hunt a lot together.  I have a shooting house out at the farm that all four of us can sit in comfortably.  All my stands are Double ladder stands so I can take one of the boys one on one.  I love to be sitting in a stand about 5:15 and then start watching the sun rise and God's creation come to life.  I love watching the sun set and watch God's creation go to sleep.  The peace, quite, and time to gather your thoughts.  I love watching the look on my boys faces when they catch a big fish, finish a long kayak run and their excitement when they see a deer.  I'd rather be doing those kind of things instead of them playing video games, watching tv or being on their tablets.  There is one thing I do though that a lot may or may not do.  I always pray over a kill.  I thank God for the opportunity to do something that I love, for his creation, for the animal that lost it's life to me and that I put the kill to good use and not misuse it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2020, 01:38:24 PM »
I really enjoy the outdoors.  We (the family) camp, hike, kayak, fish and hunt a lot together.  I have a shooting house out at the farm that all four of us can sit in comfortably.  All my stands are Double ladder stands so I can take one of the boys one on one.  I love to be sitting in a stand about 5:15 and then start watching the sun rise and God's creation come to life.  I love watching the sun set and watch God's creation go to sleep.  The peace, quite, and time to gather your thoughts.  I love watching the look on my boys faces when they catch a big fish, finish a long kayak run and their excitement when they see a deer.  I'd rather be doing those kind of things instead of them playing video games, watching tv or being on their tablets.  There is one thing I do though that a lot may or may not do.  I always pray over a kill.  I thank God for the opportunity to do something that I love, for his creation, for the animal that lost it's life to me and that I put the kill to good use and not misuse it.
LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2020, 02:38:52 PM »
I don't think it is hunting anymore.  Everybody has feeders and you feed the animals year round and then in Winter you make them regret eating your food. 

Not much sport in that.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #25 on: November 10, 2020, 02:44:27 PM »
I just hope I don't have to start hunting for my food anytime soon.  I have no idea where to find donut seeds.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: November 10, 2020, 02:59:12 PM »
I don't think it is hunting anymore.  Everybody has feeders and you feed the animals year round and then in Winter you make them regret eating your food.

Not much sport in that. 
Debbie Downer - Photos | Facebook
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #27 on: November 10, 2020, 03:38:25 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #28 on: November 10, 2020, 07:49:21 PM »
Teach deer to shoot and give them weapons and I might watch it.  Either that or require hunters to use only what they find in the woods.  No knives, no guns.  Rocks and sticks.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #29 on: November 11, 2020, 10:44:03 AM »
Teach deer to shoot and give them weapons and I might watch it.  Either that or require hunters to use only what they find in the woods.  No knives, no guns.  Rocks and sticks. 
Yes!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #30 on: November 11, 2020, 01:19:14 PM »
Meh. Let'em starve and rot. Maybe in your front yard. Or in your windshield.

Or they can provide a tasty service...from my freezer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #31 on: November 11, 2020, 01:20:34 PM »
I don't think it is hunting anymore.  Everybody has feeders and you feed the animals year round and then in Winter you make them regret eating your food.

Not much sport in that. 
Not everybody. But thanks for reminding me to purchase my corn permit this season...

The smart ones eat at night. The rest are just as nature should be.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions