Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

It's.....

bgreene

It's.....
« on: October 29, 2020, 02:16:35 PM »
So since you people brought the Will Farrell skit "Dysfunctional family", I had to go watch it again and well, down the YouTube rabbit hole I went.  So I figured we could all use a laugh, post some of your favorite skits.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: It's.....
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2020, 02:22:11 PM »
Haven't seen that before, but I have seen that guy at parks all over Alabama back when my son was playing.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

bgreene

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2020, 02:46:03 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2020, 03:16:54 PM »

One of my favorites.  To me, the best comedy moments out there are any time they can't stay in character.  The SNL Disney/Debbie Downer skit with Lindsey Lohan is top 5 in my book. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2020, 03:22:25 PM »
Dude's a pedophile.  

No thanks on Will.  I never really found him to be funny in anything at all besides Elf.  He's the white version of Leslie Jones.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

bgreene

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2020, 04:51:56 PM »
One of my favorites.  To me, the best comedy moments out there are any time they can't stay in character.  The SNL Disney/Debbie Downer skit with Lindsey Lohan is top 5 in my book.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2020, 05:01:42 PM »

By the way, it's official.  I can't have children.  I've got tears in my eyes. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2020, 05:29:58 PM »
The last time I can remember SNL being remotely funny was Brian Fellows.  It can pretty much kiss my ass since about 2008.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2020, 05:37:33 PM »
 He's the white version of Leslie Jones. 

Ehhh..... No.

Is he sometimes silly? Sure, but she's not remotely funny at all. Not one ounce. But yeah, ELF cracks me up every time. That little bit he had in Wedding Crashers was funny too.....

MA!!! More meatloaf!!!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2020, 05:38:37 PM »
The last time I can remember SNL being remotely funny was Brian Fellows.  It can pretty much kiss my ass since about 2008. 

The 2 AHoles Go To A _____ skit was pretty solid. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2020, 06:27:53 PM »
Is he sometimes silly? Sure, but she's not remotely funny at all. Not one ounce. 
That's precisely how I feel about Ferrell with the exception of Elf.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2020, 07:01:55 PM »
Dude's a pedophile. 

No thanks on Will.  I never really found him to be funny in anything at all besides Elf.  He's the white version of Leslie Jones. 
Never heard that. I have always liked Ferrell. Don’t find Adam Sandler even remotely funny. I mean like less than Snags, even.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2020, 07:47:32 PM »
Never heard that. I have always liked Ferrell. Don’t find Adam Sandler even remotely funny. I mean like less than Snags, even.
Same.  
Sandler, Ferrell, Vaughn, Wilson (either), Ben Stiller (with exceptions), Schneider, Spade, K James... none of them are funny at all. 

Grownups was INSIPID.  Wedding Crashers was atrocious. 
Infantile fart humor is better.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2020, 09:46:06 AM »
Same. 
Sandler, Ferrell, Vaughn, Wilson (either), Ben Stiller (with exceptions), Schneider, Spade, K James... none of them are funny at all. 

While I don't agree with all of these, we all have our own sense of humor. So give us something that makes you giggle.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2020, 09:51:38 AM »
Same. 

You shut your mouth you truck stop mommy part whore - Will Ferrell Offended | Meme  Generator
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #15 on: October 30, 2020, 11:02:43 AM »
While I don't agree with all of these, we all have our own sense of humor. So give us something that makes you giggle.

KISS is good.

Thats pretty funny. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2020, 11:43:58 AM »
I can feel it down in my plums.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2020, 12:32:49 PM »
Movie-wise?  

Comedy is hard.  It's extremely subjective.  Do you laugh at farts or not?  Three Stooges? 

Top of the shelf for me is Raising Arizona, Christmas Vacation.  

Airplane, Stripes, Animal House, Shaun of the Dead, Beverly Hills Cop, Tropic Thunder, In Bruges (not a comedy, but it's got some great moments and is one of my all time favorites), Home Alone, Planes/Trains, Uncle Buck, Ferris, Trading Places (did you see Jamie Lee's boobs!), Tucker&Dale vs Evil.  If Fast Times is comedy, put that here. A Fish Called Wanda I liked. 

I also love Cheech and Chong Nice Dreams.  The rest of their stuff is really uneven, though. 

From SNL, the old Jeopardy skits were great.   
Old Dave Chapelle cracks me up. 
WKRP was a great show. 
Old British humor is awesome: Fawlty Towers, Benny Hill. 
Seinfeld was intelligent humor. 
Cheers was intelligent humor. 
Sanford and Son/Jeffersons - RACIST humor
Frasier is probably the best comedic show ever.  As dumb as it is, I can watch that today and it still works.  Long run, hardly any bad shows in the bunch. 
The Office is the same.  I know every single one of those people and have either been or worked with a lot of them.  
News Radio is a VASTLY underrated show.  It was awesome and I thought Maura Tierney was nice to look at.  

On the flip side, I never liked Friends and other than Jennifer Anniston, never saw a reason to watch it.  Also never cared for All in the Family (it helped set in motion the soy-boy douchiness we see today), was ambivalent toward M*A*S*H (lost me the moment it allowed Alda to begin preaching) and thought Roseanne was garbage.  

I've seen a number of stand-ups over the years.  Jay Leno was way funnier than I expected.  Kevin Hart was one-note good.  I thought Penn and Teller were great (not really comedy, but one of the better shows I've ever seen).  Seinfeld's show was enjoyable. 

"Comedy" over the last 25 years or so -- really starting with that cringingly unfunny Jim Carrey -- has trended toward "let's say the word DICK!  That would be hilarious!!  Let's show somebody shitting somewhere!  Hilarity will ensue.  No doubt"  

I think you can do great comedy without descending into profanity, fucking or scat.  Unfortunately most now are too lazy to put the effort in. 

Will Ferrell (pedo) is emblematic of that.  He screams something awkward and often profane as every "character" he plays and that's supposed to be "funny."  It's not.  Shitting in a sink (Bridesmaids).  Not funny.  Seth Rogan's fat, sweaty ass humping Heigl, Banks or Rose Byrne (I think she's so hot) IS. NOT. FUNNY.  Neighbors could have been a good movie. It wasn't. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2020, 12:50:05 PM »
Movie-wise? 

Comedy is hard.  It's extremely subjective.  Do you laugh at farts or not?  Three Stooges?

Top of the shelf for me is Raising Arizona, Christmas Vacation. 

Airplane, Stripes, Animal House, Shaun of the Dead, Beverly Hills Cop, Tropic Thunder, In Bruges (not a comedy, but it's got some great moments and is one of my all time favorites), Home Alone, Planes/Trains, Uncle Buck, Ferris, Trading Places (did you see Jamie Lee's boobs!), Tucker&Dale vs Evil.  If Fast Times is comedy, put that here. A Fish Called Wanda I liked.

I also love Cheech and Chong Nice Dreams.  The rest of their stuff is really uneven, though.

From SNL, the old Jeopardy skits were great. 
Old Dave Chapelle cracks me up.
WKRP was a great show.
Old British humor is awesome: Fawlty Towers, Benny Hill.
Seinfeld was intelligent humor.
Cheers was intelligent humor.
Sanford and Son/Jeffersons - RACIST humor
Frasier is probably the best comedic show ever.  As dumb as it is, I can watch that today and it still works.  Long run, hardly any bad shows in the bunch.
The Office is the same.  I know every single one of those people and have either been or worked with a lot of them. 
News Radio is a VASTLY underrated show.  It was awesome and I thought Maura Tierney was nice to look at. 

On the flip side, I never liked Friends and other than Jennifer Anniston, never saw a reason to watch it.  Also never cared for All in the Family (it helped set in motion the soy-boy douchiness we see today), was ambivalent toward M*A*S*H (lost me the moment it allowed Alda to begin preaching) and thought Roseanne was garbage. 

I've seen a number of stand-ups over the years.  Jay Leno was way funnier than I expected.  Kevin Hart was one-note good.  I thought Penn and Teller were great (not really comedy, but one of the better shows I've ever seen).  Seinfeld's show was enjoyable.

"Comedy" over the last 25 years or so -- really starting with that cringingly unfunny Jim Carrey -- has trended toward "let's say the word DICK!  That would be hilarious!!  Let's show somebody shitting somewhere!  Hilarity will ensue.  No doubt" 

I think you can do great comedy without descending into profanity, fucking or scat.  Unfortunately most now are too lazy to put the effort in. 

Will Ferrell (pedo) is emblematic of that.  He screams something awkward and often profane as every "character" he plays and that's supposed to be "funny."  It's not.  Shitting in a sink (Bridesmaids).  Not funny.  Seth Rogan's fat, sweaty ass humping Heigl, Banks or Rose Byrne (I think she's so hot) IS. NOT. FUNNY.  Neighbors could have been a good movie. It wasn't.

Matthew Perry's sarcastic witty timing on Friends - I thought - was underrated.

The Jeopardy SNL skits were indeed classic - "ill take The Rapist for 500 trabekkkk" - but I do think a large part of that was due to Ferell as silly as he can be at times. I think he's one who has shown he has chops when he wants - but can be ridiculously over the top and silly also. More funny version of Jim Carey really.

Thing about Carey is he's a pretty good NON Comedy actor when he wants to be - Truman, Majestic and several others. He just isn't funny to me one iota....I enjoy Dumb and Dumber but not for his comedic prowess - moreso the director/writer (Farrellys) and the way the movie plays out. 
« Last Edit: October 30, 2020, 12:55:58 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: October 30, 2020, 01:18:46 PM »
Growing up, I never liked English humor.  I guess I "discovered" Monty Python much later in life and wondered how in the hell I missed this. Life of Brian is one of my absolute favorites.

Just about anything Mel Brooks did, from Young Frankenstein to Men in Tights to Blazing Saddles etc. is at the top of my list.

Quite a few of the Abraham/Zucker movies are obviously many people's go-to standards, including mine.  The one I've seen even more than Airplane is Top Secret.  I believe I can recite every line even better than A Charlie Brown Christmas.  The best thing about Abraham/Zucker movies is you can watch the same one 10 times and pick up something new every time.

Where Carrey is concerned, I've enjoyed a lot of his stuff.  But like many, I can only take so much of the waaayyyy over the top craziness.  Example:  Pet Detective was funny to me....once!  Didn't want to watch it again and couldn't take 15 seconds of the sequel.  Liar Liar had some absolutely hilarious bits, especially when he first realizes he can't tell a lie.  Where I've probably liked his work the best happens to be two Christmas movies.  He killed it as The Grinch and I still watch that every Christmas season, along with A Christmas Carol.  He does several roles in that and knocks it out of the park.  Too bad he's become such a political douche canoe.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions