Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

It's not nothing

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
Re: It's not nothing
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2020, 02:52:39 PM »
Be honest.  Would you go to AU right now? 
With airfare, renting a car, hotel-wait, you mean as a player, no one that one too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2020, 08:49:58 PM »
With airfare, renting a car, hotel-wait, you mean as a player, no one that one too.
What in the fuck does this mean? Have you ever had a brain aneurysm?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2020, 12:39:03 PM »
A few random thoughts from this weekend.

Clearly, Coach MalMor reigned in the offense and went more run heavy with Tank and quicker, easier passes for Nix.  I would hope they keep that same approach this Saturday with one exception.  It wasn't until late in the game that they attempted to get the ball down field.  They went to that bubble screen about 10 times too often and even a horrible D like Ole Miss put a stop to that.  They need to make a couple of throws down field off play action so LSU won't stack the box on em'. 

One positive that I will attribute to Chadkins.  We definitely have the slant in our arsenal now.  Not much else, but the slant is finally a part of Auburn football.

I have officially given up hope that anyone will step up and become a force off the edge for our defense.  Mud Kat Bryant has to be the slowest, most uninvolved player I've ever seen at Auburn.  I've talked up Derick Hall for a year and a half now, but that guy ain't much better.  Colby Wooden is probably our best D-lineman, but he's not fast off the edge either.  It's been a while.

Somebody got in Jamien Sherwood's ear after the Cock fight, because he went about his business and acted like he's been there before.  It wouldn't have hurt my feelings at all if they had kicked his classless, thug ass off after last week.  None of you are very good. Just play ball and shut the hell up.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2020, 02:38:27 PM »
A few random thoughts from this weekend.

Clearly, Coach MalMor reigned in the offense and went more run heavy with Tank and quicker, easier passes for Nix.  I would hope they keep that same approach this Saturday with one exception.  It wasn't until late in the game that they attempted to get the ball down field.  They went to that bubble screen about 10 times too often and even a horrible D like Ole Miss put a stop to that.  They need to make a couple of throws down field off play action so LSU won't stack the box on em'.

One positive that I will attribute to Chadkins.  We definitely have the slant in our arsenal now.  Not much else, but the slant is finally a part of Auburn football.

I have officially given up hope that anyone will step up and become a force off the edge for our defense.  Mud Kat Bryant has to be the slowest, most uninvolved player I've ever seen at Auburn.  I've talked up Derick Hall for a year and a half now, but that guy ain't much better.  Colby Wooden is probably our best D-lineman, but he's not fast off the edge either.  It's been a while.

Somebody got in Jamien Sherwood's ear after the Cock fight, because he went about his business and acted like he's been there before.  It wouldn't have hurt my feelings at all if they had kicked his classless, thug ass off after last week.  None of you are very good. Just play ball and shut the hell up.

Agree that we can't make a living running E/W against the superior LSU defenders.

I still have hope for someone on the DL to break out.  I think we're all underestimating the loss of KJ in the middle of this defense.

The defensive backfield is really, really good.  But they are pretty fucking mouthy about it, too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2020, 03:02:42 PM »
Guys, you gotta give credit to Ole Miss.  They're a good ball club.  Going to surprise some folks this year.  Glad to have the win, it's a big win for our program.  We did some things well and some things not so well.  We're gonna have to take a look at film.  We're young and we have some growing pains.  The future is bright though, I can tell you that. Overall I thought everyone played a good game.  We'll get out there and practice hard and correct the mistakes that we made against a good Ole Miss ball club.  We gotta lot to learn but we're getting there.  No doubt it, the future is bright! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2020, 03:04:23 PM »
Awful, just awful. Team should be 0-5 if not for terrible reviews by SEC officials. We can no longer talk about the refs being in the REC tank with luck like this. Bo Nix is a C-grade QB at best. The OC is a fraud. The defensive front is SAWFT (as previously mentioned). The most special thing on the field is the RB who is about to get his tires melted like Cole Trickle before Harry Hogg taught him how to drive. Get ready for a string of embarrassing losses and a trip to Birmingham to play NC State or Pitt in late December.

What a friggin clown show.
Nice and fitting reference you put in there!  :bar:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2020, 03:25:08 PM »
Guys, you gotta give credit to Ole Miss.  They're a good ball club.  Going to surprise some folks this year.  Glad to have the win, it's a big win for our program.  We did some things well and some things not so well.  We're gonna have to take a look at film.  We're young and we have some growing pains.  The future is bright though, I can tell you that. Overall I thought everyone played a good game.  We'll get out there and practice hard and correct the mistakes that we made against a good Ole Miss ball club.  We gotta lot to learn but we're getting there.  No doubt it, the future is bright!
You totally forgot to say we had a great week of practice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2020, 03:49:51 PM »
Agree that we can't make a living running E/W against the superior LSU defenders.

I still have hope for someone on the DL to break out.  I think we're all underestimating the loss of KJ in the middle of this defense.

The defensive backfield is really, really good.  But they are pretty fucking mouthy about it, too.
Yep, KJ made up for a lot of deficiencies filling the middle with True and New. I just haven't seen anyone with that first step explosion to consistently get around a tackle.  I guess for quite a few years, we were spoiled with Paul Holland, Carl Lawson, Dee Ford, Corey Lemon-ear etc.  In this past signing class, I was hoping we'd see somebody emerge.  Zykevious Walker has been getting some reps and at least looks the part.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2020, 04:00:51 PM »
Yep, KJ made up for a lot of deficiencies filling the middle with True and New. I just haven't seen anyone with that first step explosion to consistently get around a tackle.  I guess for quite a few years, we were spoiled with Paul Holland, Carl Lawson, Dee Ford, Corey Lemon-ear etc.  In this past signing class, I was hoping we'd see somebody emerge.  Zykevious Walker has been getting some reps and at least looks the part. 
Except that I keep thinking our safeties are gonna get burned every time I see him near the LoS.  He needs to eat a few more sammiches.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2020, 04:08:16 PM »
You totally forgot to say we had a great week of practice.
We've only had two day by this point.  Can't comment on the whole week yet you dum dum!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2020, 04:24:30 PM »
We've only had two day by this point.  Can't comment on the whole week yet you dum dum!
Well damn it, every week is a good week of practice so you know this week will be a good week of practice too.  I believe the future is bright, but we'll look at the film and see.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2020, 04:37:44 PM »
After 2 days of practice, we're gonna get better for the rest of the week too.  I guarantee it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2020, 04:38:31 PM »
 Mud Kat Bryant has to be the slowest, most uninvolved player I've ever seen at Auburn. 

Excuse me sir....id like a word with you about the validity of that statement.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2020, 04:48:52 PM »
At least Jake got in on some "tackles".

Jake Holland, Garrett Uekman, Van Stumon - Jake Holland Photos - Arkansas v  Auburn - Zimbio
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2020, 04:53:04 PM »
At least Jake got in on some "tackles".

Jake Holland, Garrett Uekman, Van Stumon - Jake Holland Photos - Arkansas v  Auburn - Zimbio

speaking of the hogs....is Fred talley still scoring?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2020, 05:00:33 PM »

I want to know if Swain's leg got any better?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2020, 05:15:08 PM »
I want to know if Swain's leg got any better?
That was one ugly injury.  I could barely watch it.

Come on, Swain.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2020, 05:15:50 PM »

He ran by my office window just before lunch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions