Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Added Trump to the list

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Added Trump to the list
« on: October 24, 2020, 10:04:10 AM »
I've seen three presidents in my life.  

Watched Reagan speak in October 1984 and caught his motorcade at McDonalds.  Complete awe. He was amazing. 

Met with Baby Bush early in his campaign when nobody thought he had a chance and he was making the circuit. He came to the place I worked and I had the chance to sit in on a roundtable with him and talk one-on-one. Stunningly unimpressed.  Walked out of the room thinking "my god, I could have been president." 

Went to see Trump speak last night.  Huge crowd.   He's not the greatest speaker in the world and he descends into juvenile taunts at times (you ever noticed Adam Schiff has a head that looks exactly like a watermelon?) but I've come to realize that he does that to reach a certain segment of the population that won't comprehend the amazing work he's done in his term.  No president, Reagan included, accomplished more. When you consider the wreck things were when he came in and the relentless opposition from the political establishment, those achievements are even more impressive.  If he'd done nothing but criminal justice reform and brokered the Middle Eastern peace deals, he'd be one of the most accomplished presidents ever, but that's just scratching the surface.  Love him, hate him or don't know you have to admit that he gets things done even as that hideous drunken dusty shrew Pelosi and the twin pussies Schumer and Schiff have tried to obstruct him at every turn.  As I watched the crowd and observed the moronic protesters (there were few) it dawned on me that there's a certain level of voter who can't understand much beyond the nicknames "Nasty Nancy" "Cryin' Chuck" and "Sneaky Schiff"   They won't get the nuance or understand what he's actually doing/done.  

All that aside, what impressed me most was the energy, clarity, passion and enthusiasm the guy exuded.  His schedule yesterday?  

1 AM - Head to the White House
11 AM - Sit down with leaders from the Middle East to announce a peace deal
1:30 PM - Leave for Andrews
2 PM - Go to Orlando
4 PM - Head to The Villages
4:30 - Speak for 90 minutes at a rally
6:30 - Leave Orlando for Pensacola
6:50 (time change) arrive in Pensacola
7 PM - Speak for 90 minutes at a rally
9:45 - Leave Pensacola (Kayleigh danced on the way to the plane)
11:30 - Gets to West Palm. 

That's a single day.  Consider that day came one day after a nerve wracking debate. 

Today he starts at 7 AM.  His day includes voting in Florida, a rally in North Carolina, a rally in Ohio, a rally in Wisconsin (90 minutes each) and a return to DC about midnight.   

Consider that he's 74, just three years younger than Biden who looks like his great grandfather in appearance and activity level.  Consider that his schedule looks like that day after day after day after day.  I don't see how he does it.  If I had his schedule yesterday, I'd need to take a couple of days to rest.  His speech last night was crisp, energetic, funny, patriotic, uplifting, powerful and silly at times.  He didn't mumble and stumble in search of the teleprompter like Biden.  He was on.  

I left in awe of the man and even more firmly committed to supporting him.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Added Trump to the list
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 08:07:37 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 10:39:33 PM »
He does have a phenomenal drive. 

Sleepy old Joe putting a lid on every day. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2020, 02:33:44 PM »
Reagan came to the nuke site I was at in the early to mid 80's. He came to the mess hall, spoke for a few minutes, told us what a great job we were doing, etc. Went through the chow line sat down and ate with some soldiers (not me-Even he didn't like me back then). You could just tell the way he walked and talked that he knew he was the man.  No press was with him and his visit was not on the official schedule. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'