Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Putcher Useless Movie/TV Trivia Facts Here

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Putcher Useless Movie/TV Trivia Facts Here
« on: October 22, 2020, 03:32:00 PM »
Unless you don't.  I'm always googlizing the casts of movies, TV shows etc. because I usually come across exciting and interesting tidbits and facts. (Translation: Get a damn life, nobody cares.) Like something I posted here a while back.  The comedy, Airplane, was actually based on an airplane disaster movie from the 50's called Zero Hour. 

A bit of useless information I found today was when a friend and I were talking about the movie Tombstone, which I had just watched again last night.  We were talking about people in the cast and he wasn't aware that Billy Bob Thornton was the one playing the card dealer that Wyatt slapped around.  "You just gonna' stand there and bleed?" Anywayz, I put him in the googles and found that in that particular scene, Thornton ad libbed the entire thing.  All they told him was "Be a bully".  Earp would confront him and slap him around and he'd back down.  But that's all he knew and took it from there. Pretty cool.

Somewhat similar was the scene from Caddyshack where Chase hit the ball into Bill Murray's office, warehouse...whatever that place was.  We got the great line, "Pool, pond....pond would be good for you" from a scene that was totally ad libbed by two comedy icons....who didn't like each other BTW.  But then, most of Murray's scenes were ad libbed in CS. 

If you run across any useless movie crap, please to be posting.  Or not! 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Putcher Useless Movie/TV Trivia Facts Here
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2020, 03:47:03 PM »
I always thought Airplane was based on the 70's Airport disaster movies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2020, 03:52:11 PM »
I always thought Airplane was based on the 70's Airport disaster movies.
Aren't you glad you came here now?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2020, 04:34:25 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2020, 04:37:16 PM »

If I didn't know better, I'd say you're being a bit sarcastic. I'm feeling a little triggered right now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2020, 04:38:43 PM »
Is there anything worse than a poorly lit ass eating shot?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, 04:58:46 PM »
I could literally post things here four times an hour for the next three months and not run out.  Here are a few: 

1) Nicolas Cage -- as Nicolas Coppola -- is in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.  He's one of the workers in the kitchen of the fast food joint where Brad gets fired.  Anthony Edwards (ER) and Eric Stoltz (Mask, Pulp Fiction) are Spicoli's stoner pals. 

2) When making the movie Halloween on a scraped together budget, John Carpenter didn't have enough money for prosthetics or an elaborate mask for Michael Myers. They bought a cheapo William Shatner mask at a local store, painted it white and went with that. 

3) Halloween 3 is the only Halloween movie not to feature Michael.  Friday the 13th, the original movie, is the only one in that series not to feature Jason Voorhees as the "big bad."  

4)  The needle in the heart scene in Pulp Fiction was filmed backwards in order to make sure Travolta hit the center. 

5) Nazi Schillinger from the TV series Oz is the yellow M&M in commercials. He's also the Farmer's Insurance guy, J.J. Jameson, and about 975 other characters.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2020, 05:08:44 PM »
I could literally post things here four times an hour for the next three months and not run out.  Here are a few:

1) Nicolas Cage -- as Nicolas Coppola -- is in Fast Times at Ridgemont High.  He's one of the workers in the kitchen of the fast food joint where Brad gets fired.  Anthony Edwards (ER) and Eric Stoltz (Mask, Pulp Fiction) are Spicoli's stoner pals.

2) When making the movie Halloween on a scraped together budget, John Carpenter didn't have enough money for prosthetics or an elaborate mask for Michael Myers. They bought a cheapo William Shatner mask at a local store, painted it white and went with that.

3) Halloween 3 is the only Halloween movie not to feature Michael.  Friday the 13th, the original movie, is the only one in that series not to feature Jason Voorhees as the "big bad." 

4)  The needle in the heart scene in Pulp Fiction was filmed backwards in order to make sure Travolta hit the center.

5) Nazi Schillinger from the TV series Oz is the yellow M&M in commercials. He's also the Farmer's Insurance guy, J.J. Jameson, and about 975 other characters. 
That's what I'm talkin' bout.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2020, 11:32:11 PM »
Did y’all know Howard sprague was laying the wood to Clara edwards behind the court house? It’s true. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2020, 09:35:26 AM »
Did y’all know Howard sprague was laying the wood to Clara edwards behind the court house? It’s true.
Jeez, did you hear we put a man on the moon too? Everyone in Mayberry was getting hand jobs from her.  Do you think she just naturally knew how to handle a pickle? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2020, 11:19:21 AM »
The Van Halen jam you hear when "Darth Vadar" visits George McFly in Back to the Future was written by Eddie Van Halen specifically for the movie. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2020, 11:41:57 AM »
The Van Halen jam you hear when "Darth Vadar" visits George McFly in Back to the Future was written by Eddie Van Halen specifically for the movie.
ditto for the guitar hook in Thriller. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2020, 11:57:40 AM »
ditto for the guitar hook in Thriller Beat it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2020, 12:37:33 PM »

Damnit snags! ^^

What happens when you think of the song but write the album name. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2020, 12:42:38 PM »
Damnit snags! ^^

What happens when you think of the song but write the album name.
It's a thriller when I beat it to Anna Does Anal.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2020, 02:28:17 PM »
There's a Texas Chainsaw Massacre movie out there featuring Matthew McBongahey and Renee Zellweger. 

Alright, alright, alright! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2020, 02:33:27 PM »
Let's hide behind those chainsaws.

Let's Hide Behind the Chainsaws - Geico - YouTube
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2020, 09:24:28 PM »
Why can’t we just get into the running car?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2020, 09:04:27 AM »
Why can’t we just get into the running car?
Are you crazy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2020, 12:38:29 AM »
Princess Bride

Andre the Giant, who played Fezzik in the movie, "let out a 16 second fart and brought production to a standstill." "It could be heard three counties away," Elwes said with a laugh. "Nobody said anything except Rob, who said 'Are you OK, Andre?' and André replied, 'I am now boss”!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.