Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

If You Are Old....

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
If You Are Old....
« on: October 13, 2020, 11:25:03 AM »
and I am.  Does anyone remember these?  Mom collected the Green Stamps from the grocery store and we'd paste em' in the Green Stamp book.  When we had enough to get some cool schitt, we headed to the S&H Green Stamp Store.  Like Christmas morning.

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'ONLY 1200 STAMPS FILL THIS Sม GREEN STAMPS QUICK SAVER BOOK THE SPERRY AND HUTCHINSON COMPANY 4'
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Re: If You Are Old....
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2020, 11:32:12 AM »
I remember going to my grandparents house in Hamilton, AL, every summer, and my grandmother had them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 02:18:17 PM »
I remember going with my mom to that store almost weekly as a kid.  I think that may be how my brain was damaged too, from licking those damn stamps.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 02:19:17 PM »
I remember going with my mom to that store almost weekly as a kid.  I think that may be how my brain was damaged too, from licking those damn stamps.

AND STAY OUT OF WOOLWORTH!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 02:19:59 PM »
AND STAY OUT OF WOOLWORTH!
Was it just the one, or all the Woolworths?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2020, 02:21:08 PM »
Was it just the one, or all the Woolworths?
we gonna sweep this state clean
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2020, 03:08:37 PM »
Once you filled those stamp books up, they were all wavy from the 3 gallons of spit needed to put all those stamps in.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2020, 03:12:10 PM »
Once you filled those stamp books up, they were all wavy from the 3 gallons of spit needed to put all those stamps in.
Yup, and you were dizzy for a few days after.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2020, 03:17:09 PM »
Yup, and you were dizzy for a few days after.
Insert roflmao emoticon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2020, 03:17:46 PM »
Is it weird that I clearly remember how that book smelled?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: October 13, 2020, 03:37:41 PM »
Other things I was reminded of today in regard to being old. 

1) I remember what this ball sounded like on the playground when it slammed into somebody's ribcage during dodgeball. 

2) I remember what a box of crayons and a jar of Play-Doh smelled like. 
3) The ka-chunk sound when the 8-track went from one section to another.  And worst of all when it broke a song in the middle while doing it.  Worst offender I can remember?  AC/DC Back in Black.  The title song on the 8-track started in program 3 and continued to program 4.  So you're rocking your ass off, the song fades out, KAA-CHUNK, then it fades back in.  
4) The sound the Evel Kneivel stunt motorcycle made when you revved it up on its red launch pad
5) The way the gyro SSP cars felt in your hand when you moved them around after pulling the rip cord (see below)
6) Swinging so high on the metal swing set that the legs came out of the ground
7) Riding the carousel in the playground while somebody pushed it in circles until they fell.  The hot metal spinner of death.  
8) Waiting all year to watch Charlie Brown Halloween, Grinch, Rudolph and Charlie Brown Christmas
9) Spirograph and Lite Brite (which doubled as the control panel/communications board when you played Star Trek) 
10) Leaving the house in the morning, running in just long enough for lunch (baloney sandwich and Kool-Aid) and then hauling ass back out the door. You had to be back inside for the night when the streetlights came on.  Otherwise?  Who gave a fuck where you were?  Man, kids need that freedom today. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: October 13, 2020, 03:58:23 PM »
Agree on so many of those, K.  The freedom when you were a kid is one of the big things I look back on and either smile or shake my head.  The biggest thing was that other than Saturday morning cartoons or Looney Tunes right after school, there was no other reason any kid wanted to be inside the house. Luckily, my neighborhood had 5-6 kids on my same block and we hung out doing everything from climbing trees, to playing killer whiffle ball games, to sneaking over the neighbor's fence and swimming in their pool.  But it was the Schwinn that carried me to the ends of the earth.  We'd be miles from home on our bikes and not a care in the world. 

Another biggie as a kid was the toy section in the Sears Christmas catalog. Every page was pure magic.  Except the doll section. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: October 13, 2020, 04:00:16 PM »
Agree on so many of those, K.  The freedom when you were a kid is one of the big things I look back on and either smile or shake my head.  The biggest thing was that other than Saturday morning cartoons or Looney Tunes right after school, there was no other reason any kid wanted to be inside the house. Luckily, my neighborhood had 5-6 kids on my same block and we hung out doing everything from climbing trees, to playing killer whiffle ball games, to sneaking over the neighbor's fence and swimming in their pool.  But it was the Schwinn that carried me to the ends of the earth.  We'd be miles from home on our bikes and not a care in the world.

Another biggie as a kid was the toy section in the Sears Christmas catalog. Every page was pure magic.  Except the doll section.
The bra section was pretty magical too
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: October 13, 2020, 04:01:33 PM »
The bra section was pretty magical too
Well that goes without saying, doesn't it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2020, 04:04:58 PM »
Other things I was reminded of today in regard to being old.

1) I remember what this ball sounded like on the playground when it slammed into somebody's ribcage during dodgeball.

2) I remember what a box of crayons and a jar of Play-Doh smelled like.
3) The ka-chunk sound when the 8-track went from one section to another.  And worst of all when it broke a song in the middle while doing it.  Worst offender I can remember?  AC/DC Back in Black.  The title song on the 8-track started in program 3 and continued to program 4.  So you're rocking your ass off, the song fades out, KAA-CHUNK, then it fades back in. 
4) The sound the Evel Kneivel stunt motorcycle made when you revved it up on its red launch pad
5) The way the gyro SSP cars felt in your hand when you moved them around after pulling the rip cord (see below)
6) Swinging so high on the metal swing set that the legs came out of the ground
7) Riding the carousel in the playground while somebody pushed it in circles until they fell.  The hot metal spinner of death. 
8) Waiting all year to watch Charlie Brown Halloween, Grinch, Rudolph and Charlie Brown Christmas
9) Spirograph and Lite Brite (which doubled as the control panel/communications board when you played Star Trek)
10) Leaving the house in the morning, running in just long enough for lunch (baloney sandwich and Kool-Aid) and then hauling ass back out the door. You had to be back inside for the night when the streetlights came on.  Otherwise?  Who gave a fuck where you were?  Man, kids need that freedom today.

Ram Jet was king. Disagree and Ill fight you. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2020, 04:12:03 PM »
Ram Jet was king. Disagree and Ill fight you.
Speaking of....we fought too.  There wasn't anybody in my neighborhood that I didn't fight at least once.  Some of my friends were my age and some were a couple of years older.  But if you got into a pissing match, you usually wound up in a tussle. Most of it wrestling around and wallowing on the ground.  But you were friends the next day and went on like nothing ever happened.  It was just part of growing up.

Snags, why is your shirt torn and your face all scuffed up? 

Me and Greg got in a fight.

Well, you stay away from that damn Greg for a while.

Mooooommmm....!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2020, 04:14:19 PM »
Speaking of....we fought too.  There wasn't anybody in my neighborhood that I didn't fight at least once.  Some of my friends were my age and some were a couple of years older.  But if you got into a pissing match, you usually wound up in a tussle. Most of it wrestling around and wallowing on the ground.  But you were friends the next day and went on like nothing ever happened.  It was just part of growing up.

Snags, why is your shirt torn and your face all scuffed up?

Me and Greg got in a fight.

Well, you stay away from that damn Greg for a while.

Mooooommmm....!
 you're just lucky I haven't tried to whip your ass at a tailgate....thankfully for you, there was cold beer there and I don't believe in abusing alcohol in such a manner. Plus I heard you fight real gaylike, like grabbing balls and stuff. Get your own pal!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2020, 04:50:38 PM »
It's ten o'clock. Do you know where your children are?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2020, 04:52:02 PM »
Got DAMN.

I forget how old you fuckers are sometimes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

GH2001

« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2020, 04:56:26 PM »
Got DAMN.

I forget how old you fuckers are sometimes.
you get older too Wes, but college girls always stay the same age. Ammarite?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE