CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: It's raining men
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2020, 09:52:00 PM »
I don't Twatter so I couldn't see it.  Looking it up:

Jabari Smith.

6'10" 215

24.5 ppg  10.8 rpg  2.8 blocked shots per game

War Bruce.  I really think we need to enjoy this before the NCAA shuts us down.
Give that boy a damn Big Mac...or 10.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2020, 09:28:19 AM »
Give that boy a damn Big Mac...or 10.
He's wiry

Nigel Gruff GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2020, 11:14:28 AM »
Nice 247 piece on our back court and specifically, Justin Powell.  I watched some film on him a few weeks ago and the quotes about him in this article were spot on from what I saw.  Yes, he can spot up and drain the 3, but he seemed just as effective getting into the lane and either getting his shot up or dishing.  Not flashy, just great all around skills.  The kind of player you wonder, "Wait, how did this guy hang 20 on us?"

Sharpshooting freshman adds to Auburn's point-guard depth
ByNathan King Nov 16, 1:55 PM

AUBURN, Alabama — A lights-out shooter in Kentucky, Justin Powell appears to be expanding his backcourt capabilities heading into his true freshman season at Auburn.

As Auburn’s 2020-21 season opener against Saint Joseph’s on Thanksgiving draws nearer, it seems Powell will be relied upon to play a valuable role in his first year with the team — and he won’t be limited to his recruited position of shooting guard. Bruce Pearl has been experimenting with a handful of looks at point guard, and Powell has been part of those rotations as he's shown Auburn's coaching staff advanced skills as a facilitator to complement his signature shot-making abilities.

“I'm trying to give two or three or even four guys an opportunity to see what that point guard position is going to look like,” Pearl said last month. “So he's (Powell) got more ball-handling, decision-making, playmaking, reads out of ball screen ability that I thought he did. He's obviously a terrific shooter. He's got a really high basketball IQ.”

Pearl is replacing his starting point guard with a newcomer for the first time since Jared Harper took over as a freshman in 2016-17 prior to being a three-year starter for the Tigers at the position. J'Von McCormick sat behind Harper for one season before performing well as Auburn’s top floor general last season, with 11.7 points, 4.5 assists and 4.0 rebounds per game.

Five-star freshman phenom Sharife Cooper — the highest-rated signee in Auburn basketball history — figures to be the heir apparent at the position. But how will the minutes be distributed behind him? Sophomore Tyrell "Turbo" Jones was a highly recruited, high-scoring point guard in Auburn’s 2019 class. Then there’s Powell, who is expected to be a strong 3-point shooter off the bench in his freshman season.

Jones said the young, three-deep point guard room has been feeding off each other in the preseason. Like many other rotations on Auburn’s roster this coming season, they’re largely inexperienced but contain high-level recruits with lots of potential for growth.

“All of us have been doing pretty good,” Jones said, “and we’re just learning from each other.”

Powell comes to Auburn from Prospect, Kentucky, where he excelled at North Oldham High School and finished his recruiting process as the No. 2 player in the state, per 247Sports Composite rankings.

Powell’s teammates have already seen an impact from the freshman in his short time spent on campus leading up to the Tigers’ 2020-21 season. He’s a 3-point marksman through and through, but like Pearl said, Powell has opened some eyes around the practice facilities with his ability to create for the Tigers’ offense away from the ball and as a passer, too.

“He can shoot really well, but his offensive IQ — his IQ is really good,” junior guard Jamal Johnson said of Powell. “He can pass, makes the right plays, isn’t really trying to do too much. When it's time to score and make a shot or something, or create for somebody else or create for himself, he can do that too. I mean, he's very poised, very smooth for a freshman.”

Sophomore Devan Cambridge, whom Powell could spend a lot of time backing up this season at the 2-guard slot, said he thinks the freshman will eventually play out as an off guard due to his scoring abilities, but he understands why his head coach will flex Powell to play some point guard this year to help the team.

“I like him better as a two (shooting guard),” Cambridge said. “As a two, he's very dominant like just being able to catch and shoot. He can create his own shot. (inaudible) has a good handle. But you know we need him, and I think B.P. (Pearl) needs him to play the point, as well."

A groin injury sidelined Powell in January. Pearl said he thinks his freshman guard would have won Mr. Basketball in Kentucky had the injury not kept him from playing a true senior season.

Even with COVID-19 restrictions complicating matters in the early parts of the summer, Auburn’s medical staff has worked effectively with Powell on his recovery, Pearl said. The coach is excited to see how Powell can contribute in various spots in Auburn’s backcourt as soon as the 2020-21 seasons tips off next week.

“He came back here in the summer, and he wasn't completely 100 percent ready,” Pearl said of Powell’s injury. “But he worked through this summer; our trainer, Clark Pearson, and strength coach Damon Davis, as well as the doctors and Justin, have done a really nice job to the point where he's good to go.”

Set to be broadcast on FS1, Auburn’s opening game against Saint Joe’s will take place in Fort Myers, Florida, as part of a multi-team invitational at Suncoast Credit Union Arena. The event will also see Auburn face Gonzaga, ranked No. 1 in the season-opening AP poll, the day after Thanksgiving.
Reading that makes me all tingly in my naughty parts
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2020, 12:15:38 PM »
Reading that makes me all tingly in my naughty parts
Well then, see if Four Star Shooting Guard, Trey Alexander, and his 26.6 ppg and 9 rpg makes it actually move.  I know mine did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2020, 04:05:21 PM »
Well then, see if Four Star Shooting Guard, Trey Alexander, and his 26.6 ppg and 9 rpg makes it actually move.  I know mine did.
I think it moved. Oh my god, I think it moved. Yeah, give me the big piece. I'll see you later.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2020, 08:30:03 AM »
What happened to my special purpose?!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com