Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Debate

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Debate
« on: September 30, 2020, 11:19:23 AM »
Anyone watch.  Unfortunately, I watched from start to finish.  I saw a bookface post from AU1 saying the only winners were those who didn't watch.  What a pathetic, embarrassing display all the way around. 

Chris Wallace, as a moderator, was awful.  Lost control right from the start and never regained it.

Biden actually did better than most thought he would from the standpoint of not coming off as being in the final stages of dementia.  He had his zero substance/answer talking points down.  Completely dodged several direct questions.  Was asked point blank if he would try and pack the Supreme Court and responded with, "It doesn't matter what my answer is, just get out and vote."  He made sure and followed the party narrative in calling Trump a liar, racist and a clown.  Got very defensive and angry when Trump repeatedly hammered him about Hunter Biden's dirty dealings.  His one and only response was repeated over and over.  "That's been discredited."  No Joe, it hasn't.

Trump: No need to go into issues because it was basically the same talking points we've heard for the last 4 years.  From my perspective, it looked like Trump saw Biden as the entire Democrat party and the things they've done to, and said about him the last 4 years.  He didn't come to debate, he came to unload his frustrations.  He interrupted Biden incessantly during his agreed upon 2 minutes of "uninterrupted responses".  He continued to argue endlessly while Wallace was begging him to shut up.  Bottom line, he came off as a petulant, little child.  It was not a good look.  Did he get his shots in?  Of course.  But his apparent anger and borderline rage in his arguments looked as if it made him fail to address several very important questions.

I was talking to Rob (WT) just before it started and made a good point in that nothing that was going to happen in the debates was going to make anyone change their vote.  We're too polarized as a country right now.  Regardless, if they have some more, I won't waste my time with them. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Debate
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2020, 11:35:07 AM »
I actually agree with you.  I didn't think Trump did himself any favors.  Sleepy Joe did better than I thought he would.  That could be due to that wire he had attached to his ear...

While I agree with the things Trump was complaining about, he did come off like a whiny little kid complaining about how the whole world was against him.  I really am anxious to see how well Pence does against Harris next week.  I think you will see the polar opposite of this debate, where Kamala will shout down Mike all night long.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2020, 11:53:40 AM »
It was a shit show of epic proportions. Changed no one's mind, I'm sure. Trump walked into a trap on the voting integrity and race questions. There was no way to answer those and look good. Should have not agreed to those options. Biden looked like an old man with no plans other than, "Not Trump." Trump looked like a guy tired of all the bullshit (which I'm sure he is).

Was messaging with GH during the thing and we both caught something at the end when they were talking about the election. Sounded very much like the fix was already in place. On Nov. 4, I expect it to look like Trump is the winner but Biden won't concede. By the end of the month, I'm expecting Biden to be declared the winner after rounds of mail in votes are counted (or recounted, triple counted, whatever it takes).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2020, 01:15:48 PM »
Mrs AUJ commented that Chris Wallace wouldn't survive 30 seconds as a 5th grade teacher.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2020, 02:22:36 PM »
Mrs AUJ commented that Chris Wallace wouldn't survive 30 seconds as a 5th grade teacher.
Well, he's a registered DemocRat, so......
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2020, 03:35:21 PM »
Skreets saying Biden and camp may pull out of future debates citing "mistreatment" by Trump.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2020, 03:43:20 PM »
Skreets saying Biden and camp may pull out of future debates citing "mistreatment" by Trump.
That might be a good thing for Trump.  Although, after last night, I doubt very many people would watch subsequent debates.  It's obvious Trump gonna' Trump.  And that doesn't play well in this setting.  With crooked Hillary, that was fine.  He was the underdog and people were blown away by this cocky asshole in fact, calling her Crooked Hillary to her face.  Here, we all know his schtick.  If they do debate again, he'd better change his tactics.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2020, 04:01:05 PM »
That might be a good thing for Trump.  Although, after last night, I doubt very many people would watch subsequent debates.  It's obvious Trump gonna' Trump.  And that doesn't play well in this setting.  With crooked Hillary, that was fine.  He was the underdog and people were blown away by this roostery asshole in fact, calling her Crooked Hillary to her face.  Here, we all know his schtick.  If they do debate again, he'd better change his tactics.
^^^This^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2020, 04:50:25 PM »
That might be a good thing for Trump.  Although, after last night, I doubt very many people would watch subsequent debates.  It's obvious Trump gonna' Trump.  And that doesn't play well in this setting.  With crooked Hillary, that was fine.  He was the underdog and people were blown away by this roostery asshole in fact, calling her Crooked Hillary to her face.  Here, we all know his schtick.  If they do debate again, he'd better change his tactics.
Next scheduled debate is the VP vs. the Hopeful President in Waiting. Pence is a much more reserved guy. I expect him to vivisect Kamala.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2020, 06:51:38 PM »
Sorry but Wallace caused what ensued not Trump. The one thing Trump can be held guilty of last night was not taking the little twerps bullshit. The whole thing was a disgrace. As Six said it well - it was a damn trap from the start. 

But Chris Wallace is absolutely the worst excuse for a moderator I’ve ever seen since i started watching debates in 92 with bush, Clinton and the “now now now lookahere” pie charts. Enough that I was wishing it were David Muir from abc or Anderson Cooper from cnn. They wound have been 15 times better.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2020, 06:33:02 AM »
wishing it were David Muir from abc or Anderson Cooper from cnn. They wound have been 15 times better.
This is so sad because it is so true
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2020, 09:06:38 AM »
Sorry but Wallace caused what ensued not Trump. The one thing Trump can be held guilty of last night was not taking the little twerps bullshit. The whole thing was a disgrace. As Six said it well - it was a damn trap from the start.

But Chris Wallace is absolutely the worst excuse for a moderator I’ve ever seen since i started watching debates in 92 with bush, Clinton and the “now now now lookahere” pie charts. Enough that I was wishing it were David Muir from abc or Anderson Cooper from cnn. They wound have been 15 times better.
Agree Wallace was terrible. And I think most people’s minds were already made up. However, I have heard more and more people talk about being tired of the Donald’s bullying and the dog whistles. Mind you, I didn’t pay any attention early on. But I think we can agree, he talked over Biden and Wallace so much and got personal with insults.

I know that many of you wish he’d quit tweeting and being such a bully. It didn’t bother me to begin with. I’ve heard two discussions recently about people who were Trump supporters but were talking about his acting “unpresidential” and that is a concern for many.

I have to say the debate did not change my mind. But I do have second thoughts because I want someone who brings us together as a country. Not divide.

No, I certainly don’t support defunding the police or rioting. That’s idiotic. But the dog whistles are undeniable. The proud boys are actually using what he said in a slogan! That wasn’t denouncing anything and we all know that.

Even the most conservative of us is concerned about social justice although we may laugh and joke a lot, I know you are not dumb. You all realize as I do we have had issues with young black men being targeted and sometimes shot by the police. We all just differ how we need to solve this issue. And we have supported Trump but he absolutely has done very little to help matters.

He belittles the kneelers ( who I don’t support, by the way) when we all know it’s a legitimate cause that they are trying to bring attention to. Regardless our support of the cause, we should show solidarity for the sake of our country and he does nothing of the sort.

All in all, I guess although the debate did very little for me and just like Mitt Romney said, it was a disgrace.  I am now in the undecided camp.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2020, 10:42:05 AM »
Agree Wallace was terrible. And I think most people’s minds were already made up. However, I have heard more and more people talk about being tired of the Donald’s bullying and the dog whistles. Mind you, I didn’t pay any attention early on. But I think we can agree, he talked over Biden and Wallace so much and got personal with insults.

I know that many of you wish he’d quit tweeting and being such a bully. It didn’t bother me to begin with. I’ve heard two discussions recently about people who were Trump supporters but were talking about his acting “unpresidential” and that is a concern for many.

I have to say the debate did not change my mind. But I do have second thoughts because I want someone who brings us together as a country. Not divide.

No, I certainly don’t support defunding the police or rioting. That’s idiotic. But the dog whistles are undeniable. The proud boys are actually using what he said in a slogan! That wasn’t denouncing anything and we all know that.

Even the most conservative of us is concerned about social justice although we may laugh and joke a lot, I know you are not dumb. You all realize as I do we have had issues with young black men being targeted and sometimes shot by the police. We all just differ how we need to solve this issue. And we have supported Trump but he absolutely has done very little to help matters.

He belittles the kneelers ( who I don’t support, by the way) when we all know it’s a legitimate cause that they are trying to bring attention to. Regardless our support of the cause, we should show solidarity for the sake of our country and he does nothing of the sort.

All in all, I guess although the debate did very little for me and just like Mitt Romney said, it was a disgrace.  I am now in the undecided camp.
1. Bullshit.
2. Bulldoubleshit
3. Yank the vagina off your head
4. Bullshit
5. Grow a pair
6. Listen to reality, not bullshit.  "Dogwhistles" my fucking ass.
7. No, "the most conservative" are NOT concerned with fucking social justice.  It's bullshit.
8. Horse fucking shit on "being targeted by police."  To quote a former poster here you need to do more research.  Who's the danger to young black men?  Other young black men.  Predominantly. Without question.  Who's helping where it's actually needed?  Not a single fucking Democrat.
9. Bullshit
10. Bullshit.
11. How did we get to this divisive state?  Hint: Not Trump.  Mother fucking fuck.  

Disappointing. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2020, 11:02:30 AM »
Monster Shark Spinning Tackle Fishing Challenge - YouTube
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2020, 11:02:46 AM »
I think the best way I have heard it put was by Ben Shapiro who is no fan of Trump.

"People are acting like Trump has murdered the presidency when he is just the coroner."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2020, 11:07:46 AM »
K, I don’t mind you disagreeing with what I said. But calling attention to my head vagina is way out of line, buddy.

I know where you live.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2020, 12:12:11 PM »
K, I don’t mind you disagreeing with what I said. But calling attention to my head vagina is way out of line, buddy.

I know where you live.
I will fuck you up.  And/or have lunch.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Token

« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2020, 12:19:13 PM »
I am appalled and ashamed as an American that these two are the best we can produce.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2020, 12:35:22 PM »
I am appalled and ashamed as an American that these two are the best we can produce.
We are getting what we deserve, man. Plain and simple. Just like the Israelites did back in the day. Ain't no different.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2020, 02:38:13 PM »
Why you talking about me and WT that way.  

For the record?  Ignore Trump's bluster. 

Look strictly at accomplishment and ability.  

No shame. 

Biden, however, is a disgrace.  The epitome of the do-nothing politician.  Never done anything but raid our pockets and enrich his own family at our expense. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions