Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Eff Georgia Week/Game Thread

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Eff Georgia Week/Game Thread
« Reply #80 on: October 06, 2020, 12:31:00 PM »
He looked like a Morriss-coached QB from the last couple of years at Arky.  He will regress under this "tutelage."  It will be bad.
I'm still going to reserve judgment on that.  Arky has been epically bad for several years, yes, under Morris.  But it's so hard to know where a QB is when he's constantly running for his life and is given no safety valve to fall back on when in trouble.

It wasn't often, but there were some times we put legit pressure on Bennett.  Each and every time there was someone waiting to bail him out.  No such thing in Morris' arsenal.  Again, I'm seriously trying to remember us with a rushing attempt in the second half.  Maybe a QB run.  Oh wait, wasn't it the 2nd half that we got first and goal from the 7 and the first two play calls were QB keeper to the right, then QB keeper to the left?  Aaahhh....I had forgotten about that magical moment.

I'll just say against UK, we matched up well gave him time.  He was confident, accurate and led the team in rushing.  Against UGA, he was in desperation mode from word go and I don't think I am off base in saying Bo looked pissed off as hell most of that game.  Don't know if it was at Morris, the line, the receivers or what.  I did see him giving Seth the business one time.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #81 on: October 06, 2020, 12:57:58 PM »
I'm still going to reserve judgment on that.  Arky has been epically bad for several years, yes, under Morris.  But it's so hard to know where a QB is when he's constantly running for his life and is given no safety valve to fall back on when in trouble.
Agree that the OLine was problematic as well, but the Morriss effect is real.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

« Reply #82 on: October 06, 2020, 01:01:17 PM »
Agree that the OLine was problematic as well, but the Morriss effect is real.
Could be the Gus effect, too, because not one qb has gotten better their second year under Gus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2020, 01:23:27 PM »
Could be the Gus effect, too, because not one qb has gotten better their second year under Gus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #84 on: October 06, 2020, 01:31:24 PM »

It wasn't often, but there were some times we put legit pressure on Bennett.  Each and every time there was someone waiting to bail him out.  No such thing in Morris' arsenal.  Again, I'm seriously trying to remember us with a rushing attempt in the second half.  Maybe a QB run.  Oh wait, wasn't it the 2nd half that we got first and goal from the 7 and the first two play calls were QB keeper to the right, then QB keeper to the left?  Aaahhh....I had forgotten about that magical moment.

I'll just say against UK, we matched up well gave him time.  He was confident, accurate and led the team in rushing.  Against UGA, he was in desperation mode from word go and I don't think I am off base in saying Bo looked pissed off as hell most of that game.  Don't know if it was at Morris, the line, the receivers or what.  I did see him giving Seth the business one time.
Which do you like best? Giving guys the business or them giving you the business?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #85 on: October 06, 2020, 01:50:45 PM »
It's pretty much all been said, but I'm gonna' add my .02.  This was a team effort.

Kicking: Our 6'5" kicker can nail em' from 60 yards, but he can't get a kickoff to the end zone.

Punting:  What's the attraction to Australian punters who consistently "boom" it 32.6 yards?

Offensive Line: Abused.  I kept complaining about our "best" lineman, Brodalicious Hamm, getting his shit pushed in every way possible.  They finally replaced him.

Defensive Line: Crushed.  Manhandled. Beaten down.

Coaching:  We pretty much all thought Morris would have to be the difference to keep them off balance.  He wasn't.  Every time we put pressure on Bennett, he had a back or tight end right there in the middle of the field to bail him out.  Every single time they put pressure on Nix, he ran for his life.  Not once did he have a go to guy to get him out of trouble.  Another observation....does anyone remember a single running play the entire second half?  I'm not sure we didn't pass every down.  I realize we were down 3 scores, but you have to at least try a few runs to keep them honest.

As for Nix, I give him a pass on this one.  Yes, he's got things to work on.  Kentucky was a prime example of what he can do with a little time and at least some semblance of a running game.  Georgia was a prime example of what every QB in the nation looks like with zero blocking, zero running game and piss poor play calling.

The most disturbing thing was how badly we got manhandled on both sides of the line.  I like to think it all begins and ends with the long snapper.  It does.  But a close second is how you handle yourself in the trenches.  This was a mismatch from the opening bell.  The ref should have stopped it.  You guys alluded to it earlier.  Auburn has recruited like ass in the trenches, both sides, for years. Gus, this is not "We'll look at the film and get better".  This is your team getting that ass physically whipped.  There's no correcting that.   
ill say this, and its just what I read from a few others like Justin Ferguson - Hamm was injured damn near the entire game and was kept in there. The injury was also why they took him out eventually. So as bad as he looked, that was probably a lot of the reason why. But why would any coach in his right mind keep a gimp player in that is struggling that badly? Oh, I know the answer.

As to your last statement - perhaps it can be the beginning of the end. Maybe, just maybe for the first time in Gus's tenure, Auburn is actually starting to lag behind in talent - at least in the trenches. He can't keep an OC....has to hire his buddy to take the job so he doesn't wanna go batshit crazy trying to snatch the laminate play sheet from him, has to pay a quality DC a buzlillion a year to halfway keep the team competitive, and recruiting is starting to tail off where it matters. Many would say that's some foundation crumbling....His buyout is around 17 million come jan 1 y'all...just saying...
« Last Edit: October 06, 2020, 01:55:06 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #86 on: October 06, 2020, 01:58:49 PM »
He looked like a Morriss-coached QB from the last couple of years at Arky.  He will regress under this "tutelage."  It will be bad.
Yup, but he's WaffleHouseboy's butt buddy so.....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #87 on: October 06, 2020, 02:35:47 PM »
Nick Marshall is holding on line 2 for you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #88 on: October 06, 2020, 02:41:35 PM »
Nick Marshall is holding on line 2 for you.
You sure it's not line 1?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #89 on: October 06, 2020, 02:55:18 PM »
You sure it's not line 1? 
No, that's a guy asking about some white walls.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #90 on: October 06, 2020, 03:00:49 PM »
This guy here is dead. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #91 on: October 06, 2020, 03:25:51 PM »
This guy here is dead.
Well cross him off then
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #92 on: October 06, 2020, 03:26:21 PM »
No, that's a guy asking about some white walls.
I was going for the hut vs the hut hut...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #93 on: October 06, 2020, 03:41:17 PM »
I was going for the hut vs the hut hut...
Meme Maker - Over your head
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #94 on: October 07, 2020, 02:17:12 PM »

If those fuckers would have ran the whirley bird play that shit would have worked.  Any old coach should have seen that if I did.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #95 on: October 07, 2020, 02:34:13 PM »
The white zone is for the immediate loading and unloading of passengers only.  There is no stopping in a red zone. 

Walk away.  It's easier than you think and it doesn't hurt at all.
Getting there.  Maybe I am there.  I stopped watching the game in the 3rd quarter and started surfing the webs on my phone.  I don't plan on tuning in this weekend either.  I will look at a box score, maybe.  If the fans stop watching and stop buying tickets, then shit will change.  As long as their bottom line isn't affected, then more of the same. 

Since I am in agreement with K, I must say.........GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN! DAMN YOU CLOUD FOR BLOCKING THE SUN!!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #96 on: October 07, 2020, 03:45:41 PM »
If those fudgeers would have ran the whirley bird play that shoot would have worked.  Any old coach should have seen that if I did.
^^^Gets it^^^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #97 on: October 07, 2020, 03:57:39 PM »
Getting there.  Maybe I am there.  I stopped watching the game in the 3rd quarter and started surfing the webs on my phone.  I don't plan on tuning in this weekend either.  I will look at a box score, maybe.  If the fans stop watching and stop buying tickets, then shit will change.  As long as their bottom line isn't affected, then more of the same.

Since I am in agreement with K, I must say.........GET THE HELL OFF MY LAWN! DAMN YOU CLOUD FOR BLOCKING THE SUN!!
Correct 

As the old saying goes....as long as the beer is cold and the pizza is warm.... 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #98 on: October 07, 2020, 04:14:30 PM »
.  If the fans stop watching and stop buying tickets, then shit will change.  As long as their bottom line isn't affected, then more of the same.

Was at my friends house in Columbus, I went to bed at half-time. Even he said WTF is wrong with Auburn, I pointed to to the visor dude.  

Could not tell you who we play this weekend or what time.   Tee time at 11:40.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

GH2001

« Reply #99 on: October 07, 2020, 06:21:42 PM »
Was at my friends house in Columbus, I went to bed at half-time. Even he said WTF is wrong with Auburn, I pointed to to the visor dude. 

Could not tell you who we play this weekend or what time.  Tee time at 11:40.
Atta boy. Doing the same. And probably drinking beer. Both. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE