Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

1st Real Football Weekend Pre-Dick-Shuns

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
1st Real Football Weekend Pre-Dick-Shuns
« on: September 23, 2020, 03:20:05 PM »
So the big boys are finally set to Covid-Clash on the gridiron this Saturday.  Quite honestly, I'm pumped and nervous any time our War Eagles play, and this weekend is no different.  But the reality is that it appears whatever committee came up with this slate of games used a single criteria of "Let's start with the most boring and mundane SEC games we can come up with."  I guess you could call AU/UK the marquis matchup since both are technically top 25 teams right now.  Otherwise, the "big" games are Miss. State @ LSU and Tennessee @ Sakerlina. So I'll dive right into a few with my uneducated, Nostra Dumbass prediction skills.

MSU @ LSU:  Actually, this one could be the game of the week when you think about the difference a year makes.  The simple fact that the Pirate, Mike Leach, is holding the Bulldogs' leash, makes this one intriguing. Can anyone truly prepare for an offense that airs it out 90% of the time, with a passing scheme run by a master craftsman like Leach?  They will score, no doubt.  How much is anyone's guess, which I will do. 

The Fighting Orgerons are an absolute unknown. I think it's safe to assume they will have an abundance of talent and athleticism, given their recruiting in recent years.  But coming out of their MNC season, that program was absolutely gutted with graduations, early departures and players opting out.  I would dare say...dare I...that few if any teams in the nation will have to replace more starters.  But one area that stayed in tact, and in my opinion will be the difference in the game, is at defensive back.  Derek Stingley and Jacoby Stevens are bona fide badazz, and that's where MSU's offense will directed.  A wild one in the Rude:

LSU:  35

MSU:  30

Florida @ Ole Miss: Really not a lot to analyze here.  Ole Miss has been bad since Freeze was shoplifting the pooty.  Kiffin may pump some life into them and come up with some wrinkles.  But Go Gaytah is thought by many to be a legitimate contender to take down Fuck Georgia in the East.  They always play proppa defense and love him or hate him, Dan Mullen is a good coach and knows how to game plan.  Like every game on the card, any home field advantage is negated by the Rona.  Gaytah in control from the start with gusty play.

UF:  34

OM:  17

Kentucky @ Auburn:  The extent of what I know about the Cats is they have a gimpy returning QB and a lot of upperclassmen.  They've been on a lot of the "experts" radar as the upset special this week.  Not that it would blow me away if it happened, but I just don't see it.  There are only two question marks for me.  First, the elephants in the room.  Probably as inexperienced an O-line as there is in football, maybe with the exception of LSU.  We just don't know what to expect, but you have to hope a new O-line coach and new scheme will be the difference.  Which brings me to question number dos.  Is Gus going to let Chad Morris run his offense? 

If he does, that brings two things into play that just haven't been there under Gus, use of the TE's and RB's in the passing game, and actually making teams defend the middle of the field. (See PJ Fleck for reference) I'm hoping and praying Corch Malzahn gets out of the way. If he does, I like our D.  Enough beef and athleticism up front, and some mean, fast playas behind them.

AU:  30

UK:  21

Plenty of other games on tap, along with FSU and Miami out of conference.  What say you?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: 1st Real Football Weekend Pre-Dick-Shuns
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 03:32:31 PM »
I think Leach comes out swinging...er...slinging and that game is quite a bit closer than most corndogs would like.  Still, the faux tigahs take it in the end.

Florida is going to stomp a mudhole in OM.  Joey Freshwater will be seen ducking out the back around mid Q3.

Stoops has built a respectable program in Lex, but the Mildcats aren't pulling any upsets this weekend.  I think we cruise by 14-17 points.

No love for the rest of the SEC slate?  Halfstepping linestepper.

UGA/Arky: I'm afraid the buttsecks continues for the hogs.

Bama/Mizzou: Bama's got the talent and Mizz has...fuck if I know.  The known quantity wins big here.

Tenn/Sakerlina: Pruett is building the talent up, but can he do fuck all with it?  Do the Cocks finally have any offense?  True coin-flip game in my opinion.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 03:55:48 PM »
I think Leach comes out swinging...er...slinging and that game is quite a bit closer than most corndogs would like.  Still, the faux tigahs take it in the end.

Florida is going to stomp a mudhole in OM.  Joey Freshwater will be seen ducking out the back around mid Q3.

Stoops has built a respectable program in Lex, but the Mildcats aren't pulling any upsets this weekend.  I think we cruise by 14-17 points.

No love for the rest of the SEC slate?  Halfstepping linestepper.

UGA/Arky: I'm afraid the buttsecks continues for the hogs.

Bama/Mizzou: Bama's got the talent and Mizz has...fuck if I know.  The known quantity wins big here.

Tenn/Sakerlina: Pruett is building the talent up, but can he do fuck all with it?  Do the Cocks finally have any offense?  True coin-flip game in my opinion.
Looking at the games....no!  I'm not sure the Hogs will score against FUGA.  Now UT/Cocks might be interesting, but I think I can name one person on either team.  Isn't the Cheeto QB name Guantanamo, Geronimo....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2020, 03:57:55 PM »
Looking at the games....no!  I'm not sure the Hogs will score against FUGA.  Now UT/Cocks might be interesting, but I think I can name one person on either team.  Isn't the Cheeto QB name Guantanamo, Geronimo....
Yep, Justin Guarini is still the senior QB starter according to the ESPNZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: 1st Real Football Weekend Pre-richard-Shuns
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2020, 03:58:01 PM »
I think the Pirate has a few wrinkles that will get their offense moving early, but they won't be able to stop the Ellis Hugh running game from play 1.  They keep it close for a half and may even come back late to make it closer than it looks, but I say Go Tigah still wins this one by 10-14 points.

Arrrrrrrrrrrgh  24
JoJo's Hummas   38

I still say Coarch Mullens has a horseshoe wedged right up in his ass to have at least 1/4 of his win total...maybe more.  However, they do play solid defense and look kinda like the '92 D.  Oh wait, wrong team.
Joey Freshwater decided Matt Corral will be his guy, so I don't expect too much from their O, even with some of the 'ol Tosh wrinkles.
In the end, defense wins it for the gusty gatah.

Old Row   17
Go Gatah  31

I am admittedly nervous about the Kentucky game.  They have a solid QB and a pretty good defense.  If Auburn's OL plays decent to good, the RBs should find enough holes to open things up for Captain Bo Nix and his fleet of wideouts.  I am afraid the Wildkittys will score some points though and it becomes a shootout.  In the end, the 20K students should make life hard enough on the K-A-T-S to get a couple of late stops.

Wildstoops   20
Lookie there...it's a TE!  28

Poor Horatio   10
We wear collars now  41

Why did we join the SEC again?  3
The Turdishin Prawcess   66

Rocky Slop   21
Cockaboose  24
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2020, 11:03:15 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2020, 10:35:40 AM »
Checking out a couple of the lines on some of these games.

Auburn is holding at about a touchdown favorite.

Bama is -27.5 against Mizzou.  Big surprise there.

As bad as Vandy is, the Faggies being a 30+ favorite seems a little surprising.  But I heard yesterday that poor ole Derek Mason had a bunch more players opt out this week due to the Rona.  I guess we all need our door mats in every league, but sheesh, when is Vandy going to join the ACC?

This one blew me away.  LSU a 16.5 point favorite.  Seriously?  No rowdy Baton Rude crowd.  Pretty much 90% of the starters from the MNC team gone.  Leach flinging the ball all over the field.  I guess it's like Lane Kiffin said in an interview.  Vegas didn't build all those beautiful, huge buildings by not knowing what they're talking about.

As expected, The U is an 11 point favorite over the Noles.  I've never been a U fan except when they played Bama.  But I am interested to see where Lashlee can take that offense.

In local news, Troy destroyed a hapless Middle Tennessee team last week.  They travel out to Provo to face the Mormons as a 14 point dog.  If I'm still up Saturday night, I'll check out some of that one. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2020, 11:09:21 AM »
Checking out a couple of the lines on some of these games.

Auburn is holding at about a touchdown favorite.

Bama is -27.5 against Mizzou.  Big surprise there.

As bad as Vandy is, the Faggies being a 30+ favorite seems a little surprising.  But I heard yesterday that poor ole Derek Mason had a bunch more players opt out this week due to the Rona.  I guess we all need our door mats in every league, but sheesh, when is Vandy going to join the ACC?

This one blew me away.  LSU a 16.5 point favorite.  Seriously?  No rowdy Baton Rude crowd.  Pretty much 90% of the starters from the MNC team gone.  Leach flinging the ball all over the field.  I guess it's like Lane Kiffin said in an interview.  Vegas didn't build all those beautiful, huge buildings by not knowing what they're talking about.

As expected, The U is an 11 point favorite over the Noles.  I've never been a U fan except when they played Bama.  But I am interested to see where Lashlee can take that offense.

In local news, Troy destroyed a hapless Middle Tennessee team last week.  They travel out to Provo to face the Mormons as a 14 point dog.  If I'm still up Saturday night, I'll check out some of that one.
I'd lay the points for Auburn, Bama and FSU.

I'm taking points on MSU and Vandy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2020, 04:23:31 PM »

I'm joining you, I just see one or both of these teams making a  political statement to show how "woke" they are. I have a tee time at 12:20 and don't get ESPN/Sec network anyway. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

wesfau2

« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2020, 11:25:12 AM »
I'd lay the points for Auburn, Bama and FSU.

I'm taking points on MSU and Vandy.
4-1 to start the season!

Up this week:

South Carolina at Florida (-20.5/53.5)

Missouri at Tennessee (-13/44)

Texas A&M at Alabama (-13/52.5)

Ole Miss at Kentucky (-6/56.5)

Auburn at Georgia (-8/38.5)

LSU (-19/52.5) at Vanderbilt

My picks:

Florida (-20.5)
Mizzou (+13)
Bama (-13)
Kentucky (-6)
Auburn (+8)
LSU (-19)

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2020, 11:41:43 AM »
4-1 to start the season!

Up this week:

South Carolina at Florida (-20.5/53.5)

Missouri at Tennessee (-13/44)

Texas A&M at Alabama (-13/52.5)

Ole Miss at Kentucky (-6/56.5)

Auburn at Georgia (-8/38.5)

LSU (-19/52.5) at Vanderbilt

My picks:

Florida (-20.5)
Mizzou (+13)
Bama (-13)
Kentucky (-6)
Auburn (+8)
LSU (-19)
Just for giggles:
Florida (-20.5)
Tennessee (-13)
bammer (-13)
Ole Miss (+6)
Auburn (+8)
LSU (-19)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

wesfau2

« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2020, 11:42:55 AM »
Just for giggles:
Florida (-20.5)
Tennessee (-13)
bammer (-13)
Ole Miss (+6)
Auburn (+8)
LSU (-19)
Aw...no shits?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2020, 12:00:59 PM »
I think the Pirate has a few wrinkles that will get their offense moving early, but they won't be able to stop the Ellis Hugh running game from play 1.  They keep it close for a half and may even come back late to make it closer than it looks, but I say Go Tigah still wins this one by 10-14 points.

Arrrrrrrrrrrgh  24
JoJo's Hummas  38

I still say Coarch Mullens has a horseshoe wedged right up in his ass to have at least 1/4 of his win total...maybe more.  However, they do play solid defense and look kinda like the '92 D.  Oh wait, wrong team.
Joey Freshwater decided Matt Corral will be his guy, so I don't expect too much from their O, even with some of the 'ol Tosh wrinkles.
In the end, defense wins it for the gusty gatah.

Old Row  17
Go Gatah  31

I am admittedly nervous about the Kentucky game.  They have a solid QB and a pretty good defense.  If Auburn's OL plays decent to good, the RBs should find enough holes to open things up for Captain Bo Nix and his fleet of wideouts.  I am afraid the Wildkittys will score some points though and it becomes a shootout.  In the end, the 20K students should make life hard enough on the K-A-T-S to get a couple of late stops.

Wildstoops  20
Lookie there...it's a TE!  28

Poor Horatio  10
We wear collars now  41

Why did we join the SEC again?  3
The Turdishin Prawcess  66

Rocky Slop  21
roosteraboose  24
I should move to Vegas with perfect insight like that into the games.
Hit my site for all 5 star locks for this week!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2020, 12:01:23 PM »
Aw...no shoots?
Kaos has already shit all over this thread
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2020, 12:14:51 PM »
Never saw the absolute beat down coming that The U put on the Noles.  I thought Meeyami would win, but damn!  Things must be really messed up in the Hassee'.

What Leach's Dogs did to LSU was a bit scary.  However, who knows what LSU really has?  That's a whole new team down there with a new OC and DC.  And the one player I thought would be the difference maker, Derek Stingley, was out with the sickies.  Still, 623 yards passing?  Sheebus!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2020, 12:43:41 PM »
Don't give him the attention he so desperately craves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2020, 12:44:40 PM »
Never saw the absolute beat down coming that The U put on the Noles.  I thought Meeyami would win, but damn!  Things must be really messed up in the Hassee'.

What Leach's Dogs did to LSU was a bit scary.  However, who knows what LSU really has?  That's a whole new team down there with a new OC and DC.  And the one player I thought would be the difference maker, Derek Stingley, was out with the sickies.  Still, 623 yards passing?  Sheebus!
It's going to be like having Paul Johnson in the conference.  You can't fully prep for the oddball offense in a week, so you're going to take some lumps.  That said, Bo Pelini earned every bit of that asswhipping.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2020, 12:53:44 PM »
Don't give him the attention he so desperately craves.
just to be clear....you think he's totally doing it for attention and there is no conviction whatsoever behind it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

wesfau2

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2020, 01:04:02 PM »
just to be clear....you think he's totally doing it for attention and there is no conviction whatsoever behind it?
I'm sure he's sincere about his stance.  His message has been delivered here.  Anything more is just attention whoring.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2020, 01:45:57 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.