Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Boom X2

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Boom X2
« on: August 03, 2020, 02:38:36 PM »
Copy/Pasta'd from Auburn Undercovid.  BTW, Marquis Robinson is 6'3" 300.

It has been a heck of a weekend for Auburn football recruiting --- and it's only halfway over.
When Saturday began, the Tigers had just 10 commitments (none since June 15) and the No. 34 class nationally in the 247Sports rankings. When it ended, Auburn had added two defensive line commits and were ranked No. 21.
The first boom of the day came Saturday morning when 3-star strong-side defensive end Tobechi Okoli of Kansas City (Mo.) Lincoln College Prep committed to Gus Malzahn's program. Okoli, who is listed at 6-feet-5, 250 pounds, is the No. 6 recruit in the state of Missouri for 247Sports and checks in as the No. 31 strong-side end in the country. Defensive line coach Rodney Garner was lead recruiter.
The second boom came late Saturday evening when 4-star defensive tackle Marquis Robinson Milton (Fla.) committed to the Tigers. Defensive coordinator Kevin Steele is Robinson's area recruiter. Garner and others also were heavily involved.
Those two pledges give Auburn three verbals on the defensive line for 2021. The other commit is 4-star tackle Lee Hunter of Eight Mile (Ala.) Blount. Auburn could take up to two more on the line.
With 12 total commitments in hand, Auburn has approximately 10 or 11 spots left to fill.
All told, the Tigers' average commit rating now stands at 90.06. For reference, 90.00 is where the 4-star line begins.
The Tigers still have work to do to reach the top 10 for the seventh time in Malzahn's nine recruiting cycles ... but Saturday's commitments certainly will help.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."