Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Musings On The ATL

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Musings On The ATL
« on: July 23, 2020, 04:02:01 PM »
Just spent a couple of days in Atlanta due to a death in the family.  Sad time with the sudden loss of a good man.  But that's our little world and we'll deal with it. 

Aside from that, I noticed again that every time I go to that area, I love it more and more.  Now, would I move there from sleepy little Dothan?  Oh hell no!  I like being able to get from point A to point B, 6 miles away, in less than 3 1/2 hours.  Here's the thing about traffic like that.  You have 4-5 lanes, sometimes 6, and every one of them slam full with people going 80 m.p.h. and darting in and out like murder hornets. That doesn't bother me at all.  As long as traffic is flowing and I know what exit I'm supposed to take in 2 miles, I'm golden.  But one fender bender up ahead and you better have a lunch packed.

On the way there, I was on 285 with 4 lanes ripping along.  Just ahead of me in the outside lane, a little car comes half way over into my lane and checks up.  I have to hit the brakes and just as I do, he guns his Nissan Sentra and shoots over in front of me, then the 18 wheeler just to my right and he checks up again, clearly trying to get off at the exit he's already missed.  The truck lays on his horn and I tense up for what I'm about to see.  The Sentra disappears and I hear the loud bang of metal on metal. Apparently he had gotten over just enough to avoid a skrate up rear end and certain death, but when the truck cleared there was Latravious in his now beat to hell and back Sentra, limping to a stop on the shoulder.  The semi kept on trucking.  So did I after an audible chuckle.  Dumb ass!

But enough about ATL traffic. My brother lives in the Sandy Springs/Dunwoody area.  In driving around, my jaw drops every quarter mile as a new, bigger mansion of some sort appears.  My in laws used to live in Ackworth and it was the same thing when you'd drive around the area.  All I can think of is, "How can so many people have this much money?"  About a half mile from his house, I pass these two white mansions side by side on a huge hill with one driveway running in between.  I slowed for a WTF moment, but found out later, these houses were built, or used last year, for a reality show called Labor of Love.  One lady wants to make a baby.  She lives in one mansion.  15 guys are competing to be the one to put the baby in her vagina.  They all live in the mansion next door.  Cameras roll.  Shenanigans follow.  Good times.

On the same road, less than a mile from there, I go past a gated drive.  Several hundred yards in the distance is what a real mansion looks like.  This is a bit more than, "Damn, these folk gots a lot of Benjamins".  Make my inquiry and yep, they do.  It's P-Diddy's...or Puffy's....or Puff Daddy or...Shaun Puffy Combs' crib. Whatever the hell he goes by.  He's done quite well for himself.

One of the things you don't expect to see in these rolling hills full of million dollar homes, are deer.  Seems people are building on every square foot and the deer would be forced out, but not the case.  They're in my brother's back yard about every day.  I'm driving along and there's a doe and an 8-point buck in velvet, right by the road, munching away on someone's green, well-manicured lawn.

I know none of this is exactly riveting reading.  But, I'm from Dothan.  All of that is eye-opening amazement to someone who lives in a town where the highlights are the National Peanut Festival and a 30 foot pig made out of metal scraps that gets painted in Auburn or Alabama colors depending on the Iron Bowl outcome.  That pig looks damn fine in orange and blue.     

We don't see a lot of this down here:

2555 Spalding Dr, Atlanta, GA - 7 Bed, 9 Bath - 10 Photos | Trulia
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Musings On The ATL
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2020, 09:35:15 PM »
I read all of your story. It was good. But I must admit I was a little disappointed nobody kicked your ass on 285.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2020, 11:38:11 PM »
I heard those tv house flip goobers from Mississippi were coming to your town.  Maybe they can work over your house for a tv show and make it look like the picture.  Also, you should flesh out the part of the story about the metal pig.  Like how big it is, how much it weighs, how many bolts hold it to the ground, and how many traffic cameras are in the area.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2020, 06:13:09 AM »
I heard those tv house flip goobers from Mississippi were coming to your town.  Maybe they can work over your house for a tv show and make it look like the picture.  Also, you should flesh out the part of the story about the metal pig.  Like how big it is, how much it weighs, how many bolts hold it to the ground, and how many traffic cameras are in the area.
Stealing the pig is only on the table in years that Alabama wins
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Ogre

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2020, 09:18:46 AM »
I moved from Dothan to Atlanta 5 years ago.  I'd appreciate it if you quit taking pictures of my house.

I've loved living here.  It gets a bad reputation (deservedly so) for the traffic, but you learn how to get around it pretty quick.  I've found that most people stick to their community 90% of the time.  I have everything I need within a 2 mile radius of my house, so the traffic really isn't an issue.

As far as crime, homelessness, etc. it's like any big city.  As long as you know the areas to avoid there really aren't any issues.  

I stay strapped though.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2020, 10:04:37 AM »
Sorry for your loss.

We should have left that town in rubble and embers.

Say NO to everything Atlanta
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2020, 10:12:08 AM »
Here is the current state of Schnitzer the Pig.  He sits out on scenic Ross Clark Circle.  The Axis of the Universe.

Answer Man: What's the story behind the pig sculpture? | Local ...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2020, 10:20:56 AM »
A pig wrapped in bacon.  That's kinky.  I like.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2020, 01:03:21 PM »
I moved from Dothan to Atlanta 5 years ago.  I'd appreciate it if you quit taking pictures of my house.

I've loved living here.  It gets a bad reputation (deservedly so) for the traffic, but you learn how to get around it pretty quick.  I've found that most people stick to their community 90% of the time.  I have everything I need within a 2 mile radius of my house, so the traffic really isn't an issue.

As far as crime, homelessness, etc. it's like any big city.  As long as you know the areas to avoid there really aren't any issues. 

I stay strapped though. 
The gay bars aren’t what they used to be from what I’ve been told. By people that go to them and such.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2020, 10:33:23 PM »

I stay strapped though. 
Do you really live in Atlanta, or a suburb?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Ogre

« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2020, 09:58:11 AM »
Do you really live in Atlanta, or a suburb?
Decatur, so technically a suburb.  Wouldn't want to be any closer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2020, 11:45:15 AM »
Decatur, so technically a suburb.  Wouldn't want to be any closer.
I only venture into that cesspool when forced.

I am arranging my life so that in the next several years, I can retire to PCB and be rid of this shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2020, 02:40:28 PM »
I enjoyed the time I spent in ATL (03-05).  Lots of concerts/festivals and other cultural activities.

The traffic is what it is and you plan around it (or stay in your suburb.)

Glad I did it...not in a rush to do it again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2020, 02:58:21 PM »
I enjoyed the time I spent in ATL (03-05).  Lots of concerts/festivals and other cultural activities.

The traffic is what it is and you plan around it (or stay in your suburb.)

Glad I did it...not in a rush to do it again.
Like I said, the gay bars aren’t what they used to be.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Pavlosaow

Where is Administration tigersx.com ??
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2020, 10:33:28 AM »
Where is admin?
I'ts important.
Regards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Re: Where is Administration tigersx.com ??
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2020, 11:03:37 AM »
Where is admin?
I'ts important.
Regards.
Have you checked the local whore houses?  Or crackdens.  He's been known to frequent both.  Usually in succession.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2020, 11:45:17 PM »
Have you checked the local whore houses?  Or crackdens.  He's been known to frequent both.  Usually in succession.
Pavsawlov seems lost 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2020, 09:18:47 AM »
Pavsawlov seems lost
He or she should follow the bell
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2020, 09:38:56 AM »
He or she should follow the bell
Do you think he has a dog?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2020, 10:25:42 AM »
Do you think he has a dog?
Enquiring Jumbos want to know
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions