Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

TE/WR Commit

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
TE/WR Commit
« on: June 17, 2020, 11:44:29 AM »
The good guys got a verbal from Landen King of Ataciastacitosis....oh hell, I can't spell it or pronounce it.  He's from Texas.  He's 6'5" 210 and had 54 catches for 803 yards and 9 TD's this past season.  The piece I read on him said his H.S. was 6A Division 1 and that the 3 star has offers from Bama, Penn State and Texas A&M among numerous others.
That gives us 10 commits, still well behind most, and moves us to #21 according to 247.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: TE/WR Commit
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 03:03:05 PM »
The good guys got a verbal from Landen King of Ataciastacitosis....oh hell, I can't spell it or pronounce it.  He's from Texas.  He's 6'5" 210 and had 54 catches for 803 yards and 9 TD's this past season.  The piece I read on him said his H.S. was 6A Division 1 and that the 3 star has offers from Bama, Penn State and Texas A&M among numerous others.
That gives us 10 commits, still well behind most, and moves us to #21 according to 247.
TE huh? So you are saying he will sit the bench for four years. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 03:20:17 PM »
TE huh? So you are saying he will sit the bench for four years.
Misprint.  I meant H-back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 04:28:53 PM »
Just watched a bunch of film on the guy.  Yeah I know, they're called highlights for a reason.  But, I can see why they like him. 

I know Gus/Chad won't be running the same offense, which from all accounts was wide open.  The article I read said King was usually the 3rd or 4th option, so if he had 54 catches, they undoubtedly throw it all around the field.  He lined up in numerous positions, but mainly either coming in motion out of the backfield, or in the slot.  Ran all types of routes, but one of the most impressive things was how well he blocked.  He was physical at the point of attack and really got after people on bubble screens and out in front of runs down field.  Not blazing fast (On film, anyway)but keep in mind that he is 6'5" and very athletic. 

Also keep in mind, I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to evaluating film.  I just know Daddy like.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 08:49:10 PM »
Did he make gus wear a blm shirt?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 09:41:43 AM »
Did he make gus wear a blm shirt?
I don't know.  Is the guy a big Barry L. Manilow fan or something?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 10:52:35 AM »
I don't know.  Is the guy a big Barry L. Manilow fan or something?
Well he does write the songs that make the young girls cry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 12:54:52 PM »
On a nothing to do with this recruit note, I was looking at some of our commits and one that really In-Treeged me, was DT, Lee Hunter.  6'5" 292 DT that some have as  5* but most rate him 4 Enthusiastic Thumbs Up.  So, I google chrome'd him and scanned the links:

247: Big 4 star DT, Lee Hunter commits to Auburn....

Rivals: Auburn gets huge commit from 4 star DT.....

College&Magnolia: Auburn picks up pledge from big DT, Lee Hunter....

al.com: DT, Lee Hunter, says recruitment still open...

:facepalm:  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions