Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Too far. It's gone too far.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
Re: Too far. It's gone too far.
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2020, 06:52:23 PM »
When I was a baby, my family was poor.  But we had a woman come in and help take care of me.  Her name was Miss Dorothy.  She wore a bandana when she cleaned up.  Every morning she fixed me a bowl of cereal (Cap'n Crunch, Froot Loops, Lucky Charms, Corn Pops, Sugar Crisp, Quisp or Frosted Flakes depending on what was in the cabinet) and toast with grape jelly.  She'd make her some eggs and grits and sit at the table and tell me stories.  She was big and always happy.  She looked like Aunt Jemima (at least I remember it that way). 

I've always found comfort in that smiling image on the syrup bottle.  Reminded me of a happier time. 

Screw Quaker Oats.  Childhood stealing freaks. 
How often did you have your way with Miss Dorothy?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2020, 08:12:58 PM »
When I was a baby, my family was poor.  But we had a woman come in and help take care of me.  Her name was Miss Dorothy.  She wore a bandana when she cleaned up.  Every morning she fixed me a bowl of cereal (Cap'n Crunch, Froot Loops, Lucky Charms, Corn Pops, Sugar Crisp, Quisp or Frosted Flakes depending on what was in the cabinet) and toast with grape jelly.  She'd make her some eggs and grits and sit at the table and tell me stories.  She was big and always happy.  She looked like Aunt Jemima (at least I remember it that way). 

I've always found comfort in that smiling image on the syrup bottle.  Reminded me of a happier time. 

Screw Quaker Oats.  Childhood stealing freaks. 

gets it ^^
were not erasing prejudices. And injustice. And bias. We’re erasing actual things and history. This is a slippery slope. I mean canola oil on ice level shit. It’s gonna be hard to stop this freight train.

And all you liberal minded asshats that pushed for this type of politics and pc bullshit for years? I hope it affects you the most and comes back to bite your ass. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2020, 10:20:04 PM »
gets it ^^
were not erasing prejudices. And injustice. And bias. We’re erasing actual things and history. This is a slippery slope. I mean canola oil on ice level shit. It’s gonna be hard to stop this freight train.

And all you liberal minded asshats that pushed for this type of politics and pc bullshit for years? I hope it affects you the most and comes back to bite your ass.
Don't misunderstand.  I'm not pining for the antebellum south. 

I remember going to Sears when I was four or five and seeing the "colored water fountains."  I was smart, could read way before I went to first grade. Threw a fit when they wouldn't let me see the colored water.  I remember going to the movies and seeing the signs for the colored section.  I remember my grandmother not being able to come to grips with The Mod Squad. 

I don't think we can or should go back to that.  But it's ASININE to pretend that none of that happened or that everything from that era represents some evil.  You cannot erase history.  You shouldn't erase it or your dumb ass is bound to repeat it. 

The Aunt Jemima logo (or the Mrs. Butterworth bottle or Uncle Ben's logo) doesn't represent racist freaking syrup or rice any more than the Lucky Charms Leprechaun represents anti-Irish sentiment or Tony the Tiger supports poaching or Toucan Sam personifies the destruction of the rainforest. 

Aunt Jemima is a 131 year old brand.  I've never once sat down and had me a big old stack of slavery-cakes slathered in discrimination-syrup.  I don't salute my Confederate Battle Flag and vow that the South is gonna rise again whenever I grab me a bowl of that yassah-rice. 

My biggest issue with this, and with the idiotic Lady Antebellum name change is that NOBODY -- not one single freaking soul -- went to Quaker Oats or Mrs. Antebellum or Mr. Butterworth and demanded a name change.  Nobody.  There's no justification for it. 

Here's a fun fact.  Mrs. Butterworth hasn't even been black since the 50s.  Even in the 1960s her voice was done by Clara Freaking Edwards from the Andy Griffith Show.  Nobody whiter than Pickle Champ Clara. 

This has to end somewhere, somehow.  And it's not with a new bottle design for slavery syrup. 

She's WHITE

« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 10:23:45 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2020, 09:48:09 AM »

a big old stack of slavery-cakes slathered in discrimination-syrup
I laughed out loud (LOL'd)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2020, 11:52:04 AM »
Baby, you can’t taste racism. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2020, 02:34:06 PM »
From Sports Illustrated

The vintage 'Gator Bait' chant is no longer, as Florida attempts to combat racism and social injustices within the institution.
On Thursday, the University of Florida President Kent Fuchs released a statement introducing a myriad of plans to combat racism and social injustice from within the Florida campus. As part of that plan, one issue arose regarding the controversy surrounding the school's use of "Gator Bait" as a chant for their athletic events.
"While I know of no evidence of racism associated with our “Gator Bait” cheer at UF sporting events, there is horrific historic racist imagery associated with the phrase. Accordingly University Athletics and the Gator Band will discontinue the use of the cheer," Fuchs said today.
The chant has historically been used against opponents and rival fans within the Florida campus, however, dating back before the use of the chant on campus, there have been certain atrocities the phrase has been used for, specifically against black communities. This much has been well-documented by former NFL cornerback Domonique Foxworth.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2020, 03:38:06 PM »
From Sports Illustrated

The vintage 'Gator Bait' chant is no longer, as Florida attempts to combat racism and social injustices within the institution.
On Thursday, the University of Florida President Kent Fuchs released a statement introducing a myriad of plans to combat racism and social injustice from within the Florida campus. As part of that plan, one issue arose regarding the controversy surrounding the school's use of "Gator Bait" as a chant for their athletic events.
"While I know of no evidence of racism associated with our “Gator Bait” cheer at UF sporting events, there is horrific historic racist imagery associated with the phrase. Accordingly University Athletics and the Gator Band will discontinue the use of the cheer," Fuchs said today.
The chant has historically been used against opponents and rival fans within the Florida campus, however, dating back before the use of the chant on campus, there have been certain atrocities the phrase has been used for, specifically against black communities. This much has been well-documented by former NFL cornerback Domonique Foxworth.
Strap up, boys.  They're coming for War Eagle next.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2020, 04:02:31 PM »
I don't think we can or should go back to that. 

But it's ASININE to pretend that none of that happened or that everything from that era represents some evil.

You cannot erase history.  You shouldn't erase it or your dumb ass is bound to repeat it. 
See this is the false dichotomy they form. The above. If you don’t want to get rid of it, you endorse it. Nope. Not at all. Acknowledging that it existed and being in favor of it are two very different things. But we’ve joined these two things at the hip now. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2020, 04:12:37 PM »
So, I immediately see someone posting on the bookfaces about the Gator Bait chant.  This girl asks if it's true that black babies were used as bait for alligators and numerous people chime in with links to the articles from Dominique Foxworth's piece.  The girl says, "Oh my God, thanks for posting.  I cried when I read that."

So I googled.  Then I snoped.  It's folklore and satire from the early 1900's.  I resisted chiming in, lest I be savagely thrashed and attacked on the social medias of the interwebz.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 04:33:19 PM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2020, 04:54:01 PM »
So, I immediately see someone posting on the bookfaces about the Gator Bait chant.  This girl asks if it's true that black babies were used as bait for alligators and numerous people chime in with links to the articles from Dominique Foxworth's piece.  The girl says, "Oh my God, thanks for posting.  I cried when I read that."

So I googled.  Then I snoped.  It's folklore and satire from the early 1900's.  I resisted chiming in, lest I be savagely thrashed and attacked on the social medias of the interwebz.
Glad to see y’all keeping up the good fight. 

I’ve deleted my Facebook to not read crap like that and protect myself from my employer. 

The Facebook post that killed me was a meme saying “You’re failing an open book test if you don’t stand with BLM”. No you dumb fucks, you’re literally re-enacting the French Revolution and are perfectly fine with it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"X's and O's they haunt Gus" - Elle King

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2020, 05:08:35 PM »

So you mean all those black babies my cousin's sister-in-law's, great aunt's, third ex-husband's great-great-great grandfather supposedly kept out in the barn weren't used for baiting gators and tigers?  Hmm.  I wonder what they were used for, then. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2020, 07:14:19 AM »
Glad to see y’all keeping up the good fight.

I’ve deleted my Facebook to not read crap like that and protect myself from my employer.

The Facebook post that killed me was a meme saying “You’re failing an open book test if you don’t stand with BLM”. No you dumb fucks, you’re literally re-enacting the French Revolution and are perfectly fine with it.
Why do you insist on getting on here and spreading logic and sound reason?

You have been warned, buddy.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2020, 07:17:16 AM »
You think you know somebody but I guess you never do.

I was surprised to learn that K was liking big butts long before sir mix-a-lot made it popular.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2020, 04:22:40 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.