Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Too far. It's gone too far.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Too far. It's gone too far.
« on: June 16, 2020, 04:43:50 PM »
I believe in the freedom of speech.  Always have.  The ability to have a dissenting opinion, the ability to express that opinion and the fundamental right to argue the validity of that opinion with someone who may disagree is part of what makes America great.  Some of the best ideas we've ever had came because somebody had, was allowed to have, an idea that ran counter to the common thought.  They were allowed to present that idea, to debate that idea and in the process convince others of its merit.  

That is gone now.  There is only one opinion.  You are told what it is and God help you if you disagree.  

Troy University police chief had the absolute audacity to suggest that George Floyd played a role in his own death by struggling with the police and then encouraged people to cooperate and handle things in court rather than fight with cops on the scene.  He was fired.  

Oklahoma State coach Mike Gundy wore a shirt with the logo of a conservative news organization on it.  OSU players threatened to boycott. Finebaum is (allegedly, I don't listen) on air today shouting that he should be fired.  

Some liberal jackass is bashing Dominos for a ten-year old twitter response that thanked a Republican for a positive comment she made on their account.  Claims they are "burning their brand."  

You cannot question the clearly stated motives or the clearly stated mission of organizations like Black Lives Matter or you are branded and your family is ruined.  

I don't care which side of the argument you happen to be on, you must see that this is wrong.  Today you might be on the side that supports whatever opinion is the only one allowed. But what happens tomorrow when you happen to disagree with whatever next steps the movement takes.  What happens when you're the one being fired, shamed, silenced, disgraced for disagreeing?  

I never thought I would live to see the day when simply supporting the duly and legally elected president of the United States was considered offensive...a day when expressing that support could get you fired from your job.  It's just wrong.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Too far. It's gone too far.
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2020, 08:13:40 PM »
Lock and load. It’s coming.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

bottomfeeder

• We're screwed.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2020, 08:30:17 PM »
Expressing any opinion publicly can lead to being fired, arrested or shot. It's coming alright and it's not going to be pretty. This shit will continue through the election cycle, but once Trump is re-elected, the hammer is coming down on the likes Soros, Clinton and their ilk. Screw the establishment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2020, 08:55:37 PM »
Lock and load. It’s coming.
You saying war?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2020, 02:23:39 AM »
You saying war?
Anarchy. Loss of civility. There won't be enough cops to help.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2020, 08:50:11 AM »
Nor will they be allowed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2020, 09:23:09 AM »
I got a lot of strange looks when I told one of our brand new college graduate consultants, who started on our project this time last year, when he asked me for financial advice, "First paycheck, buy an AR.  Second paycheck, buy a shotgun.  Third paycheck, buy a handgun.  From that point one, every paycheck, buy a box of ammo for each."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2020, 10:35:40 AM »
Oh, you just thought things have gone too far.  This is over the top. 

It was announced on Wednesday morning that the line of pancake mix, syrup, and other breakfast foods will debut a new look as part of Quaker’s push to “to make progress toward racial equality.”
“We recognize Aunt Jemima’s origins are based on a racial stereotype," said Kristin Kroepfl, vice president and chief marketing officer of Quaker Foods North America, in a statement shared with Fox News. “As we work to make progress toward racial equality through several initiatives, we also must take a hard look at our portfolio of brands and ensure they reflect our values and meet our consumers’ expectations."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

dallaswareagle

• Standing on holy ground.
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2020, 10:38:52 AM »
I started carrying at my job.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America ' for an amount of 'up to and including my life.' That is Honor, and there are way too many people in this country who no longer understand it.'

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2020, 11:45:56 AM »
I started carrying at my job.  
I carry rubbers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2020, 11:55:26 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2020, 12:09:26 PM »
The real reason I carry magnums is in case it’s a black guy. I do not ride bareback.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2020, 12:41:19 PM »
UNLV changing their mascot name.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2020, 12:49:11 PM »
UNLV changing their mascot name.
To what?   Pussies?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2020, 02:53:39 PM »
To what?  Pussies?
No.  UNLV Running Pussies.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2020, 03:00:23 PM »
Oh, you just thought things have gone too far.  This is over the top.

It was announced on Wednesday morning that the line of pancake mix, syrup, and other breakfast foods will debut a new look as part of Quaker’s push to “to make progress toward racial equality.”
“We recognize Aunt Jemima’s origins are based on a racial stereotype," said Kristin Kroepfl, vice president and chief marketing officer of Quaker Foods North America, in a statement shared with Fox News. “As we work to make progress toward racial equality through several initiatives, we also must take a hard look at our portfolio of brands and ensure they reflect our values and meet our consumers’ expectations."
Here’s the thing. It’s not a stereotype. It HAPPENED. once upon a time - aunt Jemima - that image? It happened.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2020, 08:11:01 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2020, 03:16:41 PM »
Here’s the thing. It’s not a stereotype. It HAPPENED. once upon a time - ain’t Jemima - that image? It happened.
I'm gonna' be sad to see this sexy vixen go.  You know she's next.

Mrs. Butterworth's Bulk Syrup | Conagra Foodservice
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2020, 04:05:15 PM »
To what?  Pussies?
If this happens, there are several guys around here that we can refer to as gigantic UNLV fans.

A plethora of them.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2020, 04:45:34 PM »
Here’s the thing. It’s not a stereotype. It HAPPENED. once upon a time - ain’t Jemima - that image? It happened.
When I was a baby, my family was poor.  But we had a woman come in and help take care of me.  Her name was Miss Dorothy.  She wore a bandana when she cleaned up.  Every morning she fixed me a bowl of cereal (Cap'n Crunch, Froot Loops, Lucky Charms, Corn Pops, Sugar Crisp, Quisp or Frosted Flakes depending on what was in the cabinet) and toast with grape jelly.  She'd make her some eggs and grits and sit at the table and tell me stories.  She was big and always happy.  She looked like Aunt Jemima (at least I remember it that way).  

I've always found comfort in that smiling image on the syrup bottle.  Reminded me of a happier time.  

Screw Quaker Oats.  Childhood stealing freaks.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions