Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I've become THAT guy

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
I've become THAT guy
« on: May 27, 2020, 11:33:40 AM »
I guess I was always that guy to a degree, but this whole technology thing.... 

I can't remember passwords, can't remember where I'm supposed to go to do things I have to do on the Interwebs (now, wait, where is that Zoomy thing again?),  changed my background to an aquarium in the zoom, but now don't remember how I did it so I had to do a presentation with fish floating behind me (I figured it out as the meeting ended, and nobody said anything so I don't know what that means), I don't know how to do simple stuff (Oh, we're using Google Docs, you just click, open, click, click, transform, save and viola!.... wait.... I was still on one of the clicks.... Oh, it's really simple no problem.  clickclickclickclicksaveasclickclickmoveoverhereclickclosethatwindowclick.  Got it?  ....... sure.....I don't even know how to log into the googles, honestly, so no).  Ok, but you know how to use twitface, instachapper, filtergram, popsticker, and have all those feed each other so you really only have to do one entry? That's just a basic thing, like, everybody knows that.  Wait, the instapotter?  What?  

I'm peering at the screen like I've never seen a computer before.  Like a caveman ogling at the first fire he ever saw.  

The only one who can't figure out how to turn the camera and mic on/off, the only one late to every meeting because some app has to load or reload, the only one who can't figure out much of anything. 

*sigh*  

I think it's time to retire.  Or at least hire people to do things and get out of the way.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
Re: I've become THAT guy
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2020, 11:39:13 AM »
I am beginning to find the same thing.  Most of it revolves around me not giving a shit about it.  I f I really need to know how to do something I Google it.

There was a time in the not too distant past where I was on point about how any new program or technology worked because I cared enough to read about it.  That time has passed.  It doesn't hold my interest any longer.  I find that I just don't fucking care about it.  I can run a spreadsheet, type up a word document, and slice and dice a graph.  Just don't give a shit about any of the rest any longer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2020, 11:54:32 AM »
I am beginning to find the same thing.  Most of it revolves around me not giving a shit about it.  I f I really need to know how to do something I Google it.

There was a time in the not too distant past where I was on point about how any new program or technology worked because I cared enough to read about it.  That time has passed.  It doesn't hold my interest any longer.  I find that I just don't fucking care about it.  I can run a spreadsheet, type up a word document, and slice and dice a graph.  Just don't give a shit about any of the rest any longer.
We had a meeting yesterday with a client.  I was told before the meeting that if I wanted to say a few words and then beg off because I was "busy" that would be great.  They didn't need me for any of the rest of it.  

Because they were afraid I'd do something clumsy technology wise.  Or tell a long story.  Or do something else old and stupid.  

"We know you'd rather be doing other things"  (code speak for "you are just in the way.") 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2020, 11:58:52 AM »
This is pretty much me trying to get in on a Zoom meeting.

Zoolander GIF Tumblr posts - Tumbral.com
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2020, 12:18:44 PM »
I echo all sentiments above.  I can do just enough to be dangerous around the office.  I'm in the process of starting a new business and much of the marketing will be through social media, so I'm about to be forced to step into the 20th century.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2020, 01:41:07 PM »
I echo all sentiments above.  I can do just enough to be dangerous around the office.  I'm in the process of starting a new business and much of the marketing will be through social media, so I'm about to be forced to step into the 20th century.
You are gonna love the television.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2020, 01:45:43 PM »
You cant tear me away from Atari Pong.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2020, 03:59:32 PM »
I would get a colored one if I were you....a television.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2020, 04:22:10 PM »
I would get a colored one if I were you....a television.
Always about race with you, isn't it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2020, 04:28:16 PM »
Total thread hijack for a quick post.  Uncle Sani, I thought about you yesterday when I saw a video from this past weekend.  Spear fishing charter out of Gulf Shores and they got stalked by a massive Great White.  They were diving over a sunken barge and one guy, who runs the charter and a spear fishing legend, had nailed what looked to be a big snapper.  The GW was circling them and he still hung on to the fish and brought it up. There's something wrong with that boy's medulla oblongata. 

Come to think of it, this does fall into the technology area since it was filmed on a GoPro.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #10 on: May 27, 2020, 04:50:09 PM »
Are you going to start charging for sucking cock?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2020, 05:04:02 PM »
What? I never charge for suc.......wait, I mean.....that's gross.  You think you're soooo funny, Mr. Funny Man.  Sucking cock.  Where in the world did you get that from?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2020, 06:26:38 PM »
Little Snaggle blew... He needed the money.. Ooohh!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2020, 08:01:06 AM »
Total thread hijack for a quick post.  Uncle Sani, I thought about you yesterday when I saw a video from this past weekend.  Spear fishing charter out of Gulf Shores and they got stalked by a massive Great White.  They were diving over a sunken barge and one guy, who runs the charter and a spear fishing legend, had nailed what looked to be a big snapper.  The GW was circling them and he still hung on to the fish and brought it up. There's something wrong with that boy's medulla oblongata.

Come to think of it, this does fall into the technology area since it was filmed on a GoPro.
I was diving out of PCB this past weekend with a bunch of guys who spearfish.  One of them had shot a pretty good stringer of fish and there was a 7' or 8' bull shark that took serious interest in him but never came closer than about 20'.  It's funny because the sharks are not that big of a threat to move in and try to take your speared fish but these Goliath groupers don't give a fuck and will absolutely try to steal your shit.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2020, 08:38:34 AM »
I was diving out of PCB this past weekend with a bunch of guys who spearfish.  One of them had shot a pretty good stringer of fish and there was a 7' or 8' bull shark that took serious interest in him but never came closer than about 20'.  It's funny because the sharks are not that big of a threat to move in and try to take your speared fish but these Goliath groupers don't give a fuck and will absolutely try to steal your shit. 
I wanna party with you cowboy. In fact we could have. I was there.  We would have been in the news though. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2020, 09:38:36 AM »
Based on the little I know about them, I think I'd rather see a Great White cruising by than a Bull Shark in the same area code.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2020, 09:55:58 AM »
Based on the little I know about them, I think I'd rather see a Great White cruising by than a Bull Shark in the same area code.
Bulls are certainly one of the more aggressive sharks but most people's perception of sharks is so far off base that it isn't even close to being right.  Decades of having Hollywood shove a false narrative down people's throats will do that.  (sound familiar?)  

Now that being said you won't see my ass swimming in any of these brackish water areas like bays or inter-coastal waterways since bull sharks can absolutely function in fresh water for a while and they test out what they are going to eat by taking a bite (you would do the same if you didn't have arms).

Some divers tell me that they won't dive with other people spear fishing because it brings in the sharks.  I think those people are dumbasses.  First, sharks by and large do not give a shit about a diver being there and more people are injured by cattle each year than sharks.  Secondly, if there are people spearing fish who you think the shark is paying attention to?  Me or the one who might have a free meal?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2020, 10:04:45 AM »
 Secondly, if there are people spearing fish who you think the shark is paying attention to?  Me or the one who might have a free meal?

Ah...the "I don't have to outrun the bear, just my buddy" theory.  Solid.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2020, 10:34:40 AM »

Ah...the "I don't have to outrun the bear, just my buddy" theory.  Solid.
Can we hire an I-T guy to come fix the Like button?

A few years back, we were set up on the beach at Santa Rosa Beach.  We saw a crowd walking along the beach headed our way.  They were following a 6-7 foot shark cruising the shore maybe 20 yards out.  Clear, calm water and clear view.  There's a Life Guard tower where we were and one of the life guards grabs his surf/rescue board, glides out into the surf right up to the shark and slaps him a couple of times,  The shark immediately takes off for deeper water and is out of there in an instant.

I had just started walking down the beach in the same direction the fish was originally headed, and about 50 yards down, there he is again right up close to the shore. I walked along with him for a ways and saw a man and woman in the water up ahead about the same distance out.  So, I hollered to them, "You might want to come this way.  There's a shark right over there."  If they were a married couple, I doubt they stayed married much longer after that.  I thought I was going to have to go in and pull the woman out since the man literally knocked her down and climbed over her to get his pussy ass out of the water.  He never looked back. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2020, 12:16:24 PM »
Meeting yesterday.  

My internet went out because lightning struck nearby.  Came back up and I logged back in just in time to hear one of my people tell the client "there's a tornado warning in his area, so he's gone away to get to a safe place.  It shows that he's still here, but he's actually not."  

I just walked away, played Call of Duty and let the meeting run.  Equally productive. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions