Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

4* QB Commits

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 4* QB Commits
« Reply #20 on: May 20, 2020, 12:55:45 PM »
Sure am glad y'all weren't in charge with the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor or Pharaoh told the troops to storm the gates of King's Landing. Let's see if the leopard can grow new spots before we sell the Tigers down the river.

This offense has the potential to be potent. Yes, new line but that's a good thing. Last year's line underachieved. New coach there as well means new focus. Seth Williams is a baller and Schwartz and Stove are fast as hell. Younger guys behind them are unproven, yes, but tons of experience and learning they can put to use. DJ Williams, Worm the headhunter, and Tank Bigsby give us a three-punch at RB other teams envy. Bo Nix may not be the best runner (except when it comes to bailing on that redneck chick and his kid), but he can sling it. A year's worth of SEC game experience is going to pay dividends.

Couple that with one of the best LB and DE corps in the country, and Auburn is gonna fudge some people up this year. 10-2 is the floor as far as I'm concerned.

Saddle up!
Gus is a 4 to 5 loss coach. He is what he is.

Do we have talent at the skill positions?  Yeah, I think we're above average, but not much else. No established running back and good potential coming in with Tank. Receivers?  Good mix of size and speed but what does that matter when they're playing in a passing scheme one notch above those of Army and Navy.  And I think we all love the chutzpah of Mr. Nix.  He's a brassy one, that Bo.  He's also extremely inaccurate and playing in that same system the aforementioned receivers are.

But here's where the rubber meets the road, where push comes to shove, when Harry met Sally.  Our offensive line sucks.  It has for a couple of years now and why would anyone believe that a group of guys who couldn't beat those schleps out are going to be exponentially better?  The reality is that a big part of the success of all the usual suspects....the Bama's....the OSU's...the Climpsums....the Fuck Georgia's comes from consistently loading up 4* and 5* hogs across the line.  I'm not sure we have one on the roster.  If we do, they certainly haven't panned out yet.  I'm well aware that a rating assigned to a particular player doesn't guarantee success at this level.  But I'm also a firm believer that stockpiling highly rated talent does in fact, guarantee it, as long as your staff is fairly competent. We have been sorely lacking in this department in our O-line recruiting.  

We have a 4 to 5 loss coach.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #21 on: May 20, 2020, 01:51:19 PM »
Sure am glad y'all weren't in charge with the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor or Pharaoh told the troops to storm the gates of King's Landing. Let's see if the leopard can grow new spots before we sell the Tigers down the river.

This offense has the potential to be potent. Yes, new line but that's a good thing. Last year's line underachieved. New coach there as well means new focus. Seth Williams is a baller and Schwartz and Stove are fast as hell. Younger guys behind them are unproven, yes, but tons of experience and learning they can put to use. DJ Williams, Worm the headhunter, and Tank Bigsby give us a three-punch at RB other teams envy. Bo Nix may not be the best runner (except when it comes to bailing on that redneck chick and his kid), but he can sling it. A year's worth of SEC game experience is going to pay dividends.

Couple that with one of the best LB and DE corps in the country, and Auburn is gonna fudge some people up this year. 10-2 is the floor as far as I'm concerned.

Saddle up!
Pics?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #22 on: May 20, 2020, 01:51:50 PM »
The projected offensive line include a JR, 3 RS Sophs, and a RS Frosh.

That means 4 of the 5 have been in the program for 3 years and one for two years. That matters.

Additionally, Jack Bicknell, Jr. as OL coach presents the potential for upgrade in the coaching department. I tend to believe in that ability to make a difference here.

Finally, we all know one thing for sure about Gustav. When his back is against the wall, the dude gets stuff done.

Keep the faith. Eat the Creed. War Eagle yesterday, today, forever!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg