Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

4* QB Commits

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
4* QB Commits
« on: May 18, 2020, 01:06:54 AM »
6' 190 lb.. Dematrius Davis commits to the good guys.  Sick numbers, especially in his sophomore year.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 01:09:25 AM by Snaggletiger »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: 4* QB Commits
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2020, 09:11:04 AM »
Nick Marshall with more arm talent...good leader...winner...and MOBILE QB! Finally Gus is getting out of the "let's recruit white statues to run our mobile QB friendly offense" mode! I attribute this to Chad Morris it is said he recruited this dude. It's on!
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 12:50:46 PM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2020, 12:04:40 PM »
Nick Marshall with more arm talent...good leader...winner...and MOBILE QB! Finally Gus is getting out of the "let's recruit white statues to run our mobile QB friendly offense" mode! I attribute this to Chad Morris is said to have recruited this dude. It's on!
its still the ultimate mystery with Gustav....abandoning the read option. Still goes back sometime to the Aggie game of 14 and to a lesser degree, the MSU game of 14. We haven't went back since other than a few games here and there. Nor have we really recruited a guy to run it. I know there's been Gatewood and Barrett but they never remotely sniffed the field to run the read option. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2020, 12:29:22 PM »
its still the ultimate mystery with Gustav....abandoning the read option. Still goes back sometime to the Aggie game of 14 and to a lesser degree, the MSU game of 14. We haven't went back since other than a few games here and there. Nor have we really recruited a guy to run it. I know there's been Gatewood and Barrett but they never remotely sniffed the field to run the read option.
Part of that was due to the saban demanded rule changes, but yes, the aTm game of 14 was what appeared to be the point at which Coach Gus Klein lost his green notebook.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2020, 12:51:52 PM »
Aside from legacy, does anyone else think Bo Nix would be better suited in another offense? I mean, I like the spirit the dude has, but are they really going to let him run it 15-20 times a game to keep all that play action and hand off action honest?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

GH2001

« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2020, 01:26:14 PM »
Aside from legacy, does anyone else think Bo Nix would be better suited in another offense? I mean, I like the spirit the dude has, but are they really going to let him run it 15-20 times a game to keep all that play action and hand off action honest?
I think he has the ability to run the read option. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2020, 02:19:26 PM »
My grandmother said if I couldn't say anything nice, to not say anything at all.  

So in regard to this topic:

And, thanks for listening. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2020, 07:01:25 PM »
My grandmother said if I couldn't say anything nice, to not say anything at all. 

So in regard to this topic:

And, thanks for listening.
She's not going to care. Say what you will. Seriously, curious your thoughts on Master Nix.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #8 on: May 18, 2020, 10:11:52 PM »
She's not going to care. Say what you will. Seriously, curious your thoughts on Master Nix.
I think the kid is a world class talent with his head on right that will get mostly squandered under gus unless something drastic changes.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #9 on: May 18, 2020, 10:17:39 PM »
I think he was a good high school quarterback.  

That is all. 

My opinion on Gus is clearly established.  Nix will get no coaching. He will not progress. He will not be taught fundamentals. No one on the staff has that knowledge.  

He will not have receivers who are coached to be open or run anything beyond the most elementary, lazy routes. Even if the skill is there, the coaching knowledge is not. Our best coaches would be GAs on any other staff. Period. 

He's not going to have a solid offensive line. We haven't had a decent line in years.  Not since 2013 or so. 

He's not going to have a running game to back him up unless Gus can find a horse that will not break.  Our backs are not coached well and do not learn basic skills.  We don't have the coaching knowledge or experience to do any better. 

In two or three years, however long he lasts, Bo Nix will still be a good high school quarterback.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2020, 12:32:51 AM »
Nick Marshall with more arm talent...good leader...winner...and MOBILE QB! Finally Gus is getting out of the "let's recruit white statues to run our mobile QB friendly offense" mode! I attribute this to Chad Morris it is said he recruited this dude. It's on!
This remains to be seen. NM had the balls to pull the trigger on the option. It wasn’t taught. It wasn’t designed. It was something inside NM. If it was just quickness and speed and could be taught, JFIII would have been a star.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 08:28:00 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2020, 10:23:56 AM »
Just a follow up on his stats.  As a sophomore, he had 72% completion rate and threw for 3,350 yards with 49 TD's and only 2 INT's.  His junior year, he threw for 2,672 yards and rushed for 1,446 totaling 54 TD's. In those two years, his team was 31-1 and won 2 consecutive 6A state titles in Texas.

Sounds like we're getting a good one, but I'm afraid I'm in the same boat as K and others above.  As long as Gus has his way with the offense, this kid will be playing behind an average to shitty line with no real running game and 80% of the receiver routes being outside the numbers....and every opposing coach knowing that. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2020, 11:01:09 AM »
Just a follow up on his stats.  As a sophomore, he had 72% completion rate and threw for 3,350 yards with 49 TD's and only 2 INT's.  His junior year, he threw for 2,672 yards and rushed for 1,446 totaling 54 TD's. In those two years, his team was 31-1 and won 2 consecutive 6A state titles in Texas.

Sounds like we're getting a good one, but I'm afraid I'm in the same boat as K and others above.  As long as Gus has his way with the offense, this kid will be playing behind an average to shootty line with no real running game and 80% of the receiver routes being outside the numbers....and every opposing coach knowing that.
On the bright side...word on the skreets is that he throws a pretty ball outside the numbers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2020, 11:51:08 AM »
On the bright side...word on the skreets is that he throws a pretty ball outside the numbers.
He spins it well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #14 on: May 19, 2020, 12:55:11 PM »
rinse and repeat.  

#firegus
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2020, 01:52:11 PM »
Would you say he "paints pictures with his balls," Mr. Dilfer?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2020, 02:19:08 PM »
Would you say he "paints pictures with his balls," Mr. Dilfer?
The secret is to dip them in quickly...wait, what?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2020, 03:55:04 PM »
Meaning into the stands?  great, we'll have our very own Ryan Mallet.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 03:58:08 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Six

• My Linktree
« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2020, 07:51:35 AM »
Sure am glad y'all weren't in charge with the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor or Pharaoh told the troops to storm the gates of King's Landing. Let's see if the leopard can grow new spots before we sell the Tigers down the river.

This offense has the potential to be potent. Yes, new line but that's a good thing. Last year's line underachieved. New coach there as well means new focus. Seth Williams is a baller and Schwartz and Stove are fast as hell. Younger guys behind them are unproven, yes, but tons of experience and learning they can put to use. DJ Williams, Worm the headhunter, and Tank Bigsby give us a three-punch at RB other teams envy. Bo Nix may not be the best runner (except when it comes to bailing on that redneck chick and his kid), but he can sling it. A year's worth of SEC game experience is going to pay dividends.

Couple that with one of the best LB and DE corps in the country, and Auburn is gonna fudge some people up this year. 10-2 is the floor as far as I'm concerned.

Saddle up!
« Last Edit: May 20, 2020, 09:27:12 AM by The Six »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #19 on: May 20, 2020, 10:51:51 AM »
Sure am glad y'all weren't in charge with the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor or Pharaoh told the troops to storm the gates of King's Landing. Let's see if the leopard can grow new spots before we sell the Tigers down the river.

This offense has the potential to be potent. Yes, new line but that's a good thing. Last year's line underachieved. New coach there as well means new focus. Seth Williams is a baller and Schwartz and Stove are fast as hell. Younger guys behind them are unproven, yes, but tons of experience and learning they can put to use. DJ Williams, Worm the headhunter, and Tank Bigsby give us a three-punch at RB other teams envy. Bo Nix may not be the best runner (except when it comes to bailing on that redneck chick and his kid), but he can sling it. A year's worth of SEC game experience is going to pay dividends.

Couple that with one of the best LB and DE corps in the country, and Auburn is gonna fudge some people up this year. 10-2 is the floor as far as I'm concerned.

Saddle up!
If Gus will commit to going back to the read option with nice window dressing, maybe. Does anyone see that happening? Is Morris gonna make any difference with passing routes? and even if he wants to and has the ability to, will Gus let him? I think there are a lot of unknowns. But Gus, is at this point, Missouri. Show me. Otherwise, I expect the same ole default dysfunction. With the occasional brilliant game that makes you scratch your head. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE