« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2020, 02:39:46 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: Son of Odin!
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2020, 02:46:01 PM »
Teh G String League.
That's a league I could get behind
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2020, 11:11:42 AM »
1) He’s an idiot.  Don’t want him anyway 

2) Long-term implications here.  One and done sucked enough. Now you’ve got colleges having to compete with an NBA-sponsored development league that in relative terms doesn’t pay all that much? You’re about to unleash a herd of Will Wade-ish “strong ass offers” all over the place. More than now even. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2020, 11:43:18 AM »
1) He’s an idiot.  Don’t want him anyway

2) Long-term implications here.  One and done sucked enough. Now you’ve got colleges having to compete with an NBA-sponsored development league that in relative terms doesn’t pay all that much? You’re about to unleash a herd of Will Wade-ish “strong ass offers” all over the place. More than now even.
The pay this past season for G-League players was $7K per month for the 5 month season.  They also paid for housing and other allowances.  However, it appears they will have "select" contracts where players can make $125K and I just heard Dan Patrick say Green would make $500K.  I have no idea if he was just throwing out a number or not. 

For a lot of these guys who are truly projected to be one-and-dones, going G-League or overseas just makes sense.  Get paid.  Get a shoe deal etc.  They can just play basketball and not have to even bother with going to class.  They're not going to college for the schoolification anyway.  

Looking at the big picture, if the money is good in the G-League, I think most one-and-done guys are going to go that route.  So, you're going to have far fewer of that caliber player in the college game.  If you can "convince" one or two to come to your program, you're way ahead of the game. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #25 on: April 17, 2020, 12:22:38 PM »
Gawt damn, if we had a like button, I would have hammered it like Thor.
Except he said girl.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #26 on: April 17, 2020, 12:27:30 PM »
Been seeing where we are thought to be the favorite for 5 star, Jalen Green, from Cali.  He's a 6'6" guard that averaged 28 points a game.  He is announcing Friday and it's down to the Fighting Pearls, Oregon and Memphis.  They say he could opt for playing pro overseas for a year and then enter the 2021 draft.  Either way, he's a one-and-doner.

I am soooo not a fan of the one-and-done.  I get it.  Nothing you can do about it and I certainly would never fault a kid for trying to make him some bank.  Looks like we're going to have our first one if Okoro comes out.  Has he announced?

Here's the thing.  Say we get Green and Okoro comes back.  On one hand, how awesome would it be to have Sharife Cooper, Isaac Okoro, JT Thor and Jalen Green bringing down the house next season?  On the other hand, what would we look like the year after when all of them bolt for the NBA?

I've said this several times in the past.  As much as I like Duke as my "other" (2nd favorite) college basketball team, I couldn't name 2 players on this year's squad.  Why should fans give a shit when they're all going to be gone after one season anyway?  It's like a one season rental.
Speaking of Duke basketball, it is really strange that I know of two guys who are huuuuuge Duke fans. Been to games, have some clothes, probably even know how to spell Coach K’s name.

And both are AU alum. 

Just doesn’t make any sense to me.

Granted, neither of these guys could pass the entrance exam for the environmental services department at Duke. Believe me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2020, 02:20:12 PM »
Speaking of Duke basketball, it is really strange that I know of two guys who are huuuuuge Duke fans. Been to games, have some clothes, probably even know how to spell Coach K’s name.

And both are AU alum.

Just doesn’t make any sense to me.

Granted, neither of these guys could pass the entrance exam for the environmental services department at Duke. Believe me.
BS.  I aced that thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions