Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Ozark

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Ozark
« on: April 07, 2020, 10:08:08 AM »
There may be a thread on this series buried somewhere.  The skirt and I are 6 episodes in on the first season and I'm bored to death with it already.  Snagette seems to like it but I'm trying to figure out why it lasted more than one season.  Jason Bateman's character is incredibly vanilla and just plain not believable.  The Mexican bad guys who killed everybody at the beginning and got all this started, are nowhere to be found. There's an FBI agent getting his collards stirred by a nasty, jacked up hillbilly.  The daughter is fairly hot but she's a mouthy little bitch that needs slapping 5 times per episode.  There's an 82 year old man with heart disease who owns the house, lives in the basement and walks around naked while dragging an oxygen machine. 

This one needs some wow factor soon or I'm moving on to Smoothie King or Tiger Exotics or whatever.    
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

bgreene

Re: Ozark
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2020, 10:44:12 AM »
Did you finish watching the series?  My wife and I just recently finished the series.  I agree with you, there is nothing realistic about most of it, it definitely drags but, it's one the wife liked so I end up getting into it, and watching the series too.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2020, 01:32:17 PM »
It all went to hell when they moved the Blue Cat from lake Allatoona here by my house!
we used to be able to ride by in the background....well, until they told me to put my shirt back on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2020, 02:55:31 PM »
Snagette seems to like it 
Understatement of the year, here. Dude, she LOVES it.

Over and over and over, again. DAMN! 

At least that has been my experience.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2020, 03:02:05 PM »
Understatement of the year, here. Dude, she LOVES it.

Over and over and over, again. DAMN!

At least that has been my experience.
Snagette is in a coma.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2020, 04:46:56 PM »
Snagette is in a coma.
She’s mighty limber for that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2020, 05:30:59 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2020, 05:51:00 PM »
Did you finish watching the series?  My wife and I just recently finished the series.  I agree with you, there is nothing realistic about most of it, it definitely drags but, it's one the wife liked so I end up getting into it, and watching the series too.
Yeah, we wound up watching it from start to finish.  I got so far into it, I thought I'd better see it through.  It didn't get much better.  And I see what you did there with the wifey thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2020, 05:51:04 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2020, 08:58:42 AM »
See, this is good internet. Suddle and smart.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2020, 12:30:00 PM »
change the guys age to 60 and it sounds like a Wednesday afternoon at the Snags residence. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2022, 04:44:04 PM »
So I've watched this sporadically.  All it really is?  A Dollar General version of Breaking Bad. 

Ruth = Jesse
Wendy = Walt + Skyler
Marty = Timid Gus
Navarro = Tuco + a dash of Don Eladio
Javi = Lalo
Clare = Lydia
Jonah = Junior(Flynn)

There are Skinny Petes, Badgers, Mike's, Uncle Jack's, Todd's, and others scattered all throughout. 

Ozark suffers badly in comparison. The story isn't as strong, the actors (other than Wendy) are all just a little off. It's not as brilliantly shot, as masterfully plotted. It just doesn't have the epic-ness of Breaking Bad.

I don't dislike it and I will end up watching it until it's over.  But it's kind of like fucking a reasonably attractive girl after you spent a month hammering Gal Gadot twice a day.

Edited to add:
I finished the whole thing.  One of the least satisfying endings ever.  It wasn't Sopranos 'blackout' frustrating and it wasn't Dexter-level 'lumberjack' infuriating but it was just unsatisfying on every level.  I've watched Sopranos all the way through at least three times.  Breaking Bad twice, plus some additions.  I've redone the first three seasons of Dexter. 

I'll never return to Ozark. Other than Julia Garner's trashtastic turn as Ruth, there's nothing to bring me back. And I'm really only attracted to her mouth. 

Horrible, unsatisfying, worthless, wasteful ending.   Series gets a 'C'.   Ending gets a 'D-' 
« Last Edit: April 30, 2022, 10:48:25 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2022, 11:52:11 AM »
Watching sporadically, but we just finished episode 8 of the last season.  6 more to go. 

I'm into it a little more, because this final season has a lot more action. However, there are two main problems with this show...to me, anyway.  There are soooo many characters that are not likeable in any way, shape or form.  Maybe that's part of the attraction.  Everyone is so dark, or brooding or evil.  And even the setting is intentionally made that way.  For some reason, it's never sunny in the Ozarks.  Always a little overcast and gloomy.

The second thing, is everyone keeps getting blown the fuck away.  So many times, they introduce a character, and 2 episodes later, he or she is getting a .45 to the cranium. That started right at the beginning of the whole series.  One cartel bad guy dominates the very first episode, and you think, this guy is a true bad ass.  How will they deal with him?  2nd episode...shot gun to the chest.  That's how they deal with him.

Anyway, Snagette and I will muscle through the final 6.  Just please let one of those bullets find Wendy.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2022, 01:52:42 PM »
So I've watched this sporadically.  All it really is?  A Dollar General version of Breaking Bad. 

I don't dislike it and I will end up watching it until it's over.  But it's kind of like fucking a reasonably attractive girl after you spent a month hammering Gal Gadot twice a day.

That ^
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2022, 12:05:02 PM »
Actually finished this one a couple of weeks ago.  I was pleasantly surprised, as the final episode was by far, the best one in the entire series.

The final 15 minutes had several, "I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING", moments.  As I said earlier, the whole series was kind of meh for me, but we were invested and decided to finish it up.  But, I have to admit, I thought they did a great job bringing it all together with the finale.

The wife got us started on Lincoln Lawyer last night.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2022, 12:29:49 PM »
Actually finished this one a couple of weeks ago.  I was pleasantly surprised, as the final episode was by far, the best one in the entire series.

The final 15 minutes had several, "I DID NOT SEE THAT COMING", moments.  As I said earlier, the whole series was kind of meh for me, but we were invested and decided to finish it up.  But, I have to admit, I thought they did a great job bringing it all together with the finale.

The wife got us started on Lincoln Lawyer last night.

alright, alright, alright

If you're not watching The Boys you're missing out.  Fantastic show.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2022, 12:53:33 PM »
alright, alright, alright

If you're not watching The Boys you're missing out.  Fantastic show.

Yep, this is just an extension of the Matthew McGonahayhay original.  Same concept and pretty much the same storyline. The first episode was mildly entertaining.  But then, I’m a fan of the original.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions