Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

West Virginia Game

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: West Virginia Game
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2008, 11:09:20 PM »
Let me pile on for just a second.  On top of all the shitty calls and schemes and passes and blocks and on and on and on.....

Do we have ONE FUCKING PLAYMAKER on this team?  Anyone???  I saw 5 guys on WVU burning up the fuckin' field.  Do we have ONE back, ONE receiver...ANYONE that can break one and take it to the house.  Forget the KO returns that WVU just forgot to cover.  Hell, Fannin couldn't even beat the kicker.  We have no QB, no O-line and if a back or WR actually does catch the ball, they go down in a pile.  

How did it get to this point?    
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2008, 11:15:04 PM »
which one of you fuckers has got the bad karma thats causing this team to suck this bad?

Blame it on me. 

I moved this summer.  My AU pictures are not in the same place they've been for 15 years. 

And add to that the fact that for the first time since 1980 I didn't buy a hat at the first game of the season. I missed the opener.  So I bought one at the second. And I bought it at TigerRags -- which is major negative karma for me.  I normally buy at Anders.

It's all on me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2008, 11:17:43 PM »
Right now, Burns is not the answer either. He was 13/21, for 111 yards, which is average and that is not going to do it with only 149 yards of team rushing. It does not help the matter that our receivers seem to like to drop passes on key plays. Still, Burns, just like Todd, has not shown we can be a long ball threat. Most of that may be because our WRs don't have the speed or knowledge to get separation. Burns longest pass completion was  a 22 yard floater to Tristan Davis. So, if we can't throw the ball downfield, nobody is going to respect our passing game.

I would like to see Caudle get some snaps, but with our WRs seemingly not being able to burn the coverage, I don't think it matters who lines up behind the center.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

• The Original Backwards Hat
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2008, 11:18:19 PM »
That you are a fucking idiot, When you were bitching about Burns he was 8/9 passing the ball. The rest of the game you were spot on.

The defense was a fucking joke tonight, arm tackling Devine the entire second half. Burns is a run first, pass last qb,  Ziemba got his ass beat to death, jumping offsides and holding. Byrum has killed us with his piss poor kicking. This is frustrating to watch, the team is getting worse and that falls at the feet of Tommy Tuberville. With 1 win left on our schedule we are in big trouble.

I am an idiot but you agree that the only team Auburn can beat is UT-Martin...ok...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2008, 11:19:20 PM »
Let me pile on for just a second.  On top of all the shitty calls and schemes and passes and blocks and on and on and on.....

Do we have ONE FUCKING PLAYMAKER on this team?  Anyone???  I saw 5 guys on WVU burning up the fuckin' field.  Do we have ONE back, ONE receiver...ANYONE that can break one and take it to the house.  Forget the KO returns that WVU just forgot to cover.  Hell, Fannin couldn't even beat the kicker.  We have no QB, no O-line and if a back or WR actually does catch the ball, they go down in a pile.  

How did it get to this point?    
Ding! We have a winner. That is my point also. We have nobody that is a playmaker. Even guys like Lester and Fannin, who used to be playmakers seem to totally lost this year. Ben Tate has cooled off also.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2008, 11:24:00 PM »
So, the defense doesn't make a single adjustment, and therefore we watched Noel Devine run all over us.  He has officially taken the place of Fred Talley.  Fred Talley may now R.I.P.  Why we didn't put a spy on Devine or White baffles the ever loving shit out of me.  We continued to run and over pursue up the middle and they killed us play after play after play to the outside.  They hardly EVER went up the middle.

KB's was the only one out there making plays.  He got a LOT better compared to where he was, even against Arkansas.  To put anything on him, is complete utter bullshit. Get your head out.  Our O-line had him running, and our receivers were NOT getting open enough to give Burns enough confidence to get the ball out down field.

Our running backs, with the exception of the runs by Lester and Fannin early when they were patient and waited for blocks, didn't execute and run north and south.  Tate looked awful tonight.  They ran upright and slow...  It was hard to watch.

I'm at a loss right now.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2008, 11:24:28 PM »
Blame it on me. 

I moved this summer.  My AU pictures are not in the same place they've been for 15 years. 

And add to that the fact that for the first time since 1980 I didn't buy a hat at the first game of the season. I missed the opener.  So I bought one at the second. And I bought it at TigerRags -- which is major negative karma for me.  I normally buy at Anders.

It's all on me.
Hey, don't hog all the blame. We were winning until I moved right after the season started. The first game after my move was the LSU game and the rest has been downhill from there.

I also may be done with going to AU games. The last 3 out of 4 I have been to we got beat, dating back to the 2003 Ole Miss game. The only game we won that I attended in the last few years was this year's Southern Miss game and then I attended the LSU game. I did not attend any games from 2004-2007. So seeing how crappy we finished in 2003 and the way this year is going, I might be giving the team bad mojo by going to any AU games.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Come Honor Face

• Are you serious??
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2008, 11:35:02 PM »
watching auburn play two halves of football is like getting a blow job from a ugly chick, when you look at the ceiling, it feels great, when you look down, you're fucked.

Quote that
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"you'll be a winner today, pick a fight with a 4 year old"

« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2008, 11:58:58 PM »
Why are any of you upset? 

This is EXACTLY what has happened the past 8 weeks.  We haven't trailed at halftime ONCE this season.  We've looked similar to Bama in the 1st half of many games - LSU, Vandy, Arkansas, WVU.  Our second half performances have been terrible.  I don't know.  I really have no clue.  But we suck. 

I think Tubs may be losing the team.  Why in the hell did he turn off the heaters?  "Hey you dumbshits.  You better start playing better, or I'm going to keep these heaters off!!!"  W.  T.  F.  I had a head coach in high school that pulled shit like that.  We laughed at him, and then we couldn't figure out how to win a ballgame. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
The Guy That Knows Nothing of Hyperbole

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2008, 09:14:40 AM »
Auburn gained 33 yards in the second half........thirty freaking three...

I just can't comprehend how that is even possible.

How did it get this bad this quick?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JDHog

• SuperAdmin
    • woopig.net
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2008, 09:24:23 AM »
That you are a fucking idiot, When you were bitching about Burns he was 8/9 passing the ball. The rest of the game you were spot on.

The defense was a fucking joke tonight, arm tackling Devine the entire second half. Burns is a run first, pass last qb,  Ziemba got his ass beat to death, jumping offsides and holding. Byrum has killed us with his piss poor kicking. This is frustrating to watch, the team is getting worse and that falls at the feet of Tommy Tuberville. With 1 win left on our schedule we are in big trouble.

I'm glad Tubby was able to steal them out of our back yard. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2008, 09:27:13 AM »
I'm glad Tubby was able to steal them out of our back yard. 

You take them back....Um, I mean, You take that back.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #32 on: October 24, 2008, 09:27:44 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #33 on: October 24, 2008, 09:47:01 AM »
Every interview I have seen, when asked if West Virginia did anything different in the second half, both coaches and players have said "no, we just didn't execute". How is this possible. I know that I saw them bring the safeties up and DARE Kodi to throw the ball...which we could not, and will not be able to do. There is no way that we are going to beat any team just running the football.

I am not sure what the problem is with our passing game. Are our WR's really that bad? even if the WR's can't get seperation, why not throw the ball down field to try and make SOMETHING...ANYTHING...happen? I will tell you why, because KB takes one quick look then ducks his head and starts running.

We suck...I am so frustrated...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

JDHog

• SuperAdmin
    • woopig.net
« Reply #34 on: October 24, 2008, 10:09:13 AM »
You take them back....Um, I mean, You take that back.

Wasn't Ziemba kind of a badass last year?  What happened?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #35 on: October 24, 2008, 11:23:39 AM »
Ziemba was the monster freshman that stepped right into a starting role.  The can't miss prospect that we'd be lucky to keep for 4 years.  He made a lot of mistakes last year with holds and false starts and personal fouls.  But you could overlook it because he was a true freshman and VERY aggressive.

Now, he holds more, has more false starts and can't block a damn soul that has anything resembling speed. 

What's wrong with him.....Two words...Hugh Nall.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #36 on: October 24, 2008, 11:31:14 AM »
Ziemba was the monster freshman that stepped right into a starting role.  The can't miss prospect that we'd be lucky to keep for 4 years.  He made a lot of mistakes last year with holds and false starts and personal fouls.  But you could overlook it because he was a true freshman and VERY aggressive.

Now, he holds more, has more false starts and can't block a damn soul that has anything resembling speed. 

What's wrong with him.....Two words...Hugh Nall.
Hell, I don't know if Hugh Nall could coach him up enough to stop letting slow, fat white DE's blow by him.  On the bright side, he does a great job of jumping on the DE's back and riding him down at Kodi's feet... :puke:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #37 on: October 24, 2008, 11:57:16 AM »
Why is he an idiot. Once you shut down the run for AU, there is no way in hell KB can throw the ball. He has tunnel vision and cannot see past 15 yards.

Give him a chance. I was very encouraged with his progress last night. He threw some really nice passes. This offense is a fucking train wreck and its not fair to put it on burns' shoulders. Everyone was screaming for jc's head with nallsminger, and lo and behold he was a superstar.

The thing that killed us in the second half was playcalling as much as anything.

Those who are jumping on burns unfairly as he is making progress in a shitty sysytem are just fucked in the head on this subject. What say we give him a few games as a starter before we crucify him as well as a chance in a system that isn't a complete crock of shit. Perhaps a chance in a offensive system with imaginative playcalling?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

War Eagle!!!

« Reply #38 on: October 24, 2008, 11:59:22 AM »
Give him a chance. I was very encouraged with his progress last night. He threw some really nice passes. This offense is a fucking train wreck and its not fair to put it on burns' shoulders. Everyone was screaming for jc's head with nallsminger, and lo and behold he was a superstar.

The thing that killed us in the second half was playcalling as much as anything.

Those who are jumping on burns unfairly as he is making progress in a shitty sysytem are just fucked in the head on this subject. What say we give him a few games as a starter before we crucify him as well as a chance in a system that isn't a complete crock of shit. Perhaps a chance in a offensive system with imaginative playcalling?

Fair enough...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #39 on: October 24, 2008, 12:02:59 PM »
Let me also add...
My son had a baseball game, so I was only able to watch the 4th quarter, but in that time I know I counted at least 10 instances of watching a slow, white DE blow by Ziemba and keep Kodi from even being able to plant his back foot after a 3 step drop.  Joe Montana, or Mantegna would have a tough time getting into a rhythm in those conditions.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.