Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Virus, Cyrus

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: The Virus, Cyrus
« Reply #140 on: April 08, 2020, 01:56:56 AM »
I would unquarantine myself, except my wife has underlying issues. 
I would be OK, but I’m not sure she would dare as well. But that’s OK. We can stay in while the rest of the world gets back to work. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

« Reply #141 on: April 08, 2020, 09:20:44 AM »
To what end, I cannot tell you.
To put Joe Biden in office. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #142 on: April 08, 2020, 09:31:42 AM »
He's goofy as fuck. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #143 on: April 08, 2020, 12:19:06 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #144 on: April 08, 2020, 06:34:10 PM »
This
Would be the end of the world as we know it.  And I don't feel fine.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2020, 09:44:32 AM »
He should be more concerned about his Stage 3 dementia.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2020, 09:56:50 AM »
He should be more concerned about his Stage 3 dementia.
That's just silly.  Look, Joe knows about those truths being self-evident, because clearly, all women and guys are equal and....well, you know the thing.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

« Reply #147 on: April 09, 2020, 10:23:22 AM »
That's just silly.  Look, Joe knows about those truths being self-evident, because clearly, all women and guys are equal and....well, you know the thing.
Look look look....there are 2 main big reasons prior to this whole thing about all of this thing here we are doing, that you are wrongly here, ok:

First - you don't understand the whole thing as it relates with the thing and you know, that and all.

And 1, you couldn't be more wrong about it with relation to the thing with it and the other one.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #148 on: April 09, 2020, 10:41:15 AM »
Look look look....there are 2 main big reasons prior to this whole thing about all of this thing here we are doing, that you are wrongly here, ok:

First - you don't understand the whole thing as it relates with the thing and you know, that and all.

And 1, you couldn't be more wrong about it with relation to the thing with it and the other one.
Listen here.  In reference to the wrongness of your......oh look, donuts.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #149 on: April 09, 2020, 10:58:40 AM »
Look look look....there are 2 main big reasons prior to this whole thing about all of this thing here we are doing, that you are wrongly here, ok:

^^This^^
Saaaaay...have you thought about running for Congress?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #150 on: April 09, 2020, 01:53:55 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ex-nyt-reporter-challenging-the-coronavirus-narrative

What we're doing is pointless and harmful.  

Fauci wants to go down in history as the man that saved the world.  I see his stupid ass more like this: 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #151 on: April 09, 2020, 05:15:43 PM »
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/ex-nyt-reporter-challenging-the-coronavirus-narrative

Fauci wants to go down in history as the man that saved the world.  I see his stupid ass more like this:

You can say whatever you want but please continue taking precautions. I do not want to lose you, K. I am proud of you for taking the necessary steps to grocery shop in a responsible manner.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #152 on: April 09, 2020, 06:26:50 PM »
In all honesty?  This is how I went yesterday.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #153 on: April 10, 2020, 10:08:00 AM »

I appreciate his and the others’ MEDICAL expertise. But I really wish they would quit the pessimistic spitballing with numbers. Every metric coming out is beating every estimate they’ve given. I wish they would stick to the medical advice and let the numbers play out.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #154 on: April 10, 2020, 03:49:07 PM »
Snags being safe up in Sams club. Good job.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

« Reply #155 on: April 10, 2020, 03:54:24 PM »
I’m glad Token didn’t throw away his helmet when he tried out to be an astronaut. You never know when you may need something like this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #156 on: April 10, 2020, 06:13:07 PM »
So now we are shutting down the tent villages where thousands of patients were to be treated because..... 

*drumroll* 

No patients ever showed up.  

This is like a Gulf Coast hurricane warning.  Everybody runs to Lowes and buys up all the plywood, generators and water.  Windows get boarded up, some people barricade themselves in.   Others flee in panic, heading up the Interstate to Montgomery or Birmingham or anywhere the massive storm will miss.  Schools shut down. Businesses shut their doors.  

And then it rains a little bit.  Wind blows over a patio chair.  Jim Cantore gamely does his live broadcasts squinting into the scant raindrops and leaning bravely into the gentle breeze.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #157 on: April 15, 2020, 01:02:16 PM »
The reapers continue to spread the fear.

Now they are saying that people are dying at home from this and the numbers will be huge.

This article is supposition at best. No evidence at all. You wanna know why more deaths are occurring at home? Could it possibly be the stay at home mandates? People that would normally die outside of the house are now stuck at home. Have the number of people dying at work or out and about dropped? They won't tell you that. Just spread the fear.

https://www.propublica.org/article/theres-been-a-spike-in-people-dying-at-home-in-several-cities-that-suggests-coronavirus-deaths-are-higher-than-reported?fbclid=IwAR0KORNkB3dbs_c4BEFJGJy3S6wC-R-CW0WHFtcERdNb5wRiHKaGZ4BbKu8
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

GH2001

« Reply #158 on: April 15, 2020, 01:03:56 PM »
The reapers continue to spread the fear.

Now they are saying that people are dying at home from this and the numbers will be huge.

This article is supposition at best. No evidence at all. You wanna know why more deaths are occurring at home? Could it possibly be the stay at home mandates? People that would normally die outside of the house are now stuck at home. Have the number of people dying at work or out and about dropped? They won't tell you that. Just spread the fear.

https://www.propublica.org/article/theres-been-a-spike-in-people-dying-at-home-in-several-cities-that-suggests-coronavirus-deaths-are-higher-than-reported?fbclid=IwAR0KORNkB3dbs_c4BEFJGJy3S6wC-R-CW0WHFtcERdNb5wRiHKaGZ4BbKu8
Like NYC counting deaths for COVID19 on untested people?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #159 on: April 15, 2020, 03:01:43 PM »
A couple of things.  First, I finally know someone in a real fight for her life against this virus.  She is a little older and I believe would qualify as being in the high risk category.  The thing that compounds the situation is that from the moment she entered the hospital, she will never see family or friend again unless she pulls through. 

Now that we're over 26,000 deaths nationally and steadily adding over 1,000 every day, I don't care if the numbers may be somewhat inflated in certain circumstances.  I also don't care that more people die each year from the common flu.  This shit is serious and needs to be handled as such.  Having said that, I continue to believe the response has been way over the top.  Yes, I think shutting down sporting events and gatherings where tens of thousands of people will literally be shoulder to shoulder is just plain common sense.  Forcing the shutter of "non-essential" businesses is just plain idiocy.  Non-essential becomes essential real quick when you lose your livelihood. People should be left to make their own decisions and choose whether or not they want to keep their business open, go shopping or quarantine themselves.  If you're scared of contracting it, keep yourself away from folks.  Your decision. 

As I've said before, my fear is that next year, when the newest, funky named flu virus comes around, this reaction will start up all over again.  Below is a copy/pasta from the bookfaces written by a CRNA in New York.  Kind of echoes what many have said on here. 

Ok, here comes the rant and I apologize ahead of time, but I really can’t take it any more. I am a CRNA working 14 hour days in the heart of NYC in an ICU. I have been here over 2 weeks now. I have seen and experienced things I would not wish on anyone. People truly have been sick and dying right before our eyes with very little that we felt we could do for some because of the extent of their coexisting diseases sometimes. That being said, we are not, nor have we ever been at full capacity. We have consistently kept at least 15-20 beds available since we opened (We are 68 beds of Covid only patients), even at the peak census last Friday. Over Easter Sunday we did not have a single admit. And now we are allowing a few staff to leave for home by the end of the week.
I say all this because I hear talk of extending the social distancing and people fearfully saying we need to just stay home for longer. I see posts from friends saying it is too soon to open America back up for business. Let me be quite clear about this, if you think a hospital which statistically makes most ALL of their money on elective surgery can remain open by only taking on Covid patients, you do not understand basic finance.
And for those hospitals with low PPE, it is not because they cannot get any. We have plenty here and change it out multiple times a shift. Most hospitals reduced their supplies of PPE when Obamacare reimbursements took away their ability to reinvest in things like stock. Now that we have cut off their biggest source of revenue, how are they supposed to buy more and keep their full staff (including outpatient surgery and clinic staff) employed without their cash cow?
It has been over a month since outpatient surgeries were stopped, since scheduled heart caths and tumor removals and important preventive measures were stopped. How many people will now die of a cancer that could have been caught early or a heart attack that could have been prevented before the American Public gets it? Stop living in fear, people. This is a terrible virus and I am not for a minute saying we don’t take precautions and protect those we love. Use masks. Wash hands. Those with heart disease, diabetes, obesity and high blood pressure must especially be careful and if possible remain quarantined. We are learning quickly about those at greatest risk, so as a nation we can help those who are at greater risk, but we cannot continue to shut down hospitals, clinics, and businesses for the sake of something that may never happen (a flooding of the healthcare system). Nurses are being laid off. Doctors are shutting down their clinics. Businesses are being closed. The cure CANNOT be worse than the disease.
I am sharing the video my good friend, Suzy Redd, posted as it gives you a very stark difference from the lies being perpetuated by the media.
Above all, our faith right now must be firmly planted in God. We cannot live in a spirit of fear. This is the time for the church to rise up and reach out. We can help those that have immune compromising health issues. We can help those who are jobless seeking work. That is what Christ has called us to do in the first place.
2 Timothy 1:7
For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind.
As Americans we have a Constitution that guides us, NOT politicians. It is time for us to demand our congressmen and senators, on both the state and federal level, abide by the constitution and allow Americans to get back to work. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions