Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Virus, Cyrus

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: The Virus, Cyrus
« Reply #120 on: April 02, 2020, 02:35:33 PM »
Dang, these gas prices are low.  Wonder why.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #121 on: April 02, 2020, 05:13:25 PM »
This thread is starting to remind me of Zombieland 2. Anyone seen it?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #122 on: April 02, 2020, 10:40:22 PM »
Is that the one where Glenn dies?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #123 on: April 03, 2020, 01:40:04 PM »
Is that the one where Glenn dies?
I was just talking with him the other day. I’m very sorry to hear this.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #124 on: April 05, 2020, 02:30:46 PM »
Idiot Cortez thinks the virus is racist.  

That is one dumb mommy part.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2020, 09:54:07 AM »
Idiot Cortez thinks the virus is racist. 

That is one dumb mommy part. 
Yes she be wanting the reparations dispensed posthaste
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2020, 10:19:47 AM »
Yes she be wanting the reparations dispensed posthaste
She needs to go back to tending bar.   She's not even qualified to do that, though.  mommy part. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2020, 11:16:52 AM »
She needs to go back to tending bar.  She's not even qualified to do that, though.  mommy part.
Well to be fair I have never witnessed her tending bar so she may be ok at that.  probably depends on whether or not she tries to put Coke in my bourbon.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2020, 11:49:03 AM »
Well to be fair I have never witnessed her tending bar so she may be ok at that.  probably depends on whether or not she tries to put Coke in my bourbon.
We all know you enjoy a line or two from time to time.

Oh, wait. You mean the soda.

My bad.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2020, 12:52:22 PM »
We all know you enjoy a line or two from time to time.

Oh, wait. You mean the soda.

My bad.
Pop a line from here to Texas
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2020, 04:59:56 PM »
Hey, there may actually be something shes good at. Knob Creek and DCP please.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #131 on: April 06, 2020, 05:10:07 PM »
Hey, there may actually be something shes good at. Knob Creek and DCP please.
I'll take "Looks Like She Was A mommy part There, Too" for $600, Alex 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #132 on: April 07, 2020, 01:43:17 PM »
Back to the virus. Does anyone know anyone who has the virus?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #133 on: April 07, 2020, 02:19:34 PM »
These guys?

My guilty pleasure: Con Air | Film | The Guardian
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #134 on: April 07, 2020, 02:25:19 PM »
Yes.  One of my employees tested positive for it two weeks ago.  He got it from his father who had gotten it from some folks at church. 

I put myself and three other employees that had been around my employee that had it in quarantine all of last week to ensure that we had not gotten it and thus would pass it on since we are still working. 

Nobody else got it and the employee who tested positive for it had one night of 102 - 103 fever and that was it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 02:54:41 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #135 on: April 07, 2020, 02:56:11 PM »
How strictly are you guys handling the quarantine?  I feel like I'm being pretty safe for the most part, but I imagine many would say I'm not.  I still go to the store for groceries and the lick her store for the quarantine juice.  I've been to Lowe's a couple of times as well.  I haven't been wearing a mask or gloves, but I'm starting to feel in the minority and people be looking at you like, "Why you the only fool not masked up?" 

Whenever I do go to the store, I make sure and keep my distance from anyone and everyone as much as possible.  I don't feel like I'm being irresponsible, but the lady at the liquor store the other day who was spraying everything in front of her down with Lysol and having the manager pissed to the point of kicking her out, would say I probably am.

We've cooked a ton more meals at home, but I'm still trying to hit the drive-thru or curbside service of as many local restaurants as possible.  The one thing I will say is that when I am around people, I'm 100% cognizant of my surroundings and any potential hazards.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #136 on: April 07, 2020, 03:05:26 PM »
How strictly are you guys handling the quarantine?  I feel like I'm being pretty safe for the most part, but I imagine many would say I'm not.  I still go to the store for groceries and the lick her store for the quarantine juice.  I've been to Lowe's a couple of times as well.  I haven't been wearing a mask or gloves, but I'm starting to feel in the minority and people be looking at you like, "Why you the only fool not masked up?"

Whenever I do go to the store, I make sure and keep my distance from anyone and everyone as much as possible.  I don't feel like I'm being irresponsible, but the lady at the liquor store the other day who was spraying everything in front of her down with Lysol and having the manager pissed to the point of kicking her out, would say I probably am.

We've cooked a ton more meals at home, but I'm still trying to hit the drive-thru or curbside service of as many local restaurants as possible.  The one thing I will say is that when I am around people, I'm 100% cognizant of my surroundings and any potential hazards.
Our business is such that we had good social spacing anyway so that really has not been much of a change business wise. 

When out and about I feel like we are just doing the shit that everyone should have already been doing like covering your mouth if you have to cough, washing hands, etc. 

I did find this article a bit thought provoking...
https://theoldschoolpatriot.com/coronavirus-something-stinks/?fbclid=IwAR3xc3izVybr4X15uLBWmXehYALjuSpEvV3pVlBjo4ljCeWq2W7AVMzFiXY
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 03:10:06 PM by Saniflush »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #137 on: April 07, 2020, 05:03:45 PM »
My opinion on this has swung wildly over time.  

I've always been a little germ-phobic.  I'm one of the weirdos that wipes down the carts at the grocery store before I touch it.  Keep hand sanitizer in my truck so I can hit it when I touch things like gas pumps, ATM pads.  That's gotten worse over time.  

It really started when I read The Stand.  Chapter 8 in that book clearly illustrates virus gets spread. Should be required reading. It stuck in my head and my behavior slowly changed over time.  It's cost me.  I've had clients catch me hitting the sanitizer after shaking hands and looking offended.  I refused to go to my parent's house one Christmas because one of my siblings insisted on bringing his kids - two of which were suffering from stomach virus and/or fluish fevers.  Caused a rift in the family and somehow it was MY fault when everyone who went was throwing up within three days of being exposed.  

So when this started up, I was dismissive.  Just show a little restraint, do some extra self-care and it'll be fine.  

Then Fauci kept beating the drum.  I thought the guy was credible.  I decided maybe his advice was worth following.  Keep your distance, let it run its course.  I even agreed with the temporary shut down.  

I'm over it now.  

First, there are things we simply aren't being told.  I am firmly convinced that: 
1) this virus (whatever it is) is airborne and does not require contact transmission
2) It's been around a lot longer than they are saying.  There were people you knew and were in contact with who had "unknown respiratory infections" after Thanksgiving that tested negative for flu, strep, bronchitis, etc.  They had it.   
3) Everyone is going to come in contact with it no matter what we do.  For the vast, vast majority of us it is utterly benign.  We won't even notice.  We come in contact with thousands of things like that every day. 
4) The deaths attributed to "COVID-19" are WILDLY, GROSSLY overstated.  Maybe they've come in contact with the virus, but many of these people were already at death's door.   Yes, there are some that it kills but the same goes for flu, shingles, and dozens of other things that most people recover from.  New York City is tagging virtually every death as COVID related even when there's no direct connection.  Despite this?  The average number of deaths in NYC is *get this, because it's important* ESSENTIALLY UNCHANGED over the number of deaths in any other random year.  Screaming about the COVID deaths when the total mortality rate hasn't changed?  Why do I smell something foul?  It's not decomposing bodies.  New York City averages about 6,000 deaths per month.  On March 31 they claimed 1000 total COVID deaths.  There is no statistically significant increase over the average number of total deaths for that span.  (Bear in mind that the media is quietly hyping all deaths in the state as NYC, which isn't true.  If you spread it out to the entire state, the death rate STILL hasn't changed.   Let that sink in.  No. More. People. Are. Dying. Than. Were. Dying. A. Year. Ago.   No statistically significant change.  
5) We are being lied to.  Period.  Fauci is lying and I don't know why.  People are lying on social media for attention.  I went to Mobile yesterday.  There are no lines at testing centers.  No full emergency rooms.  No swarms at the hospitals.  The media is lying.  They're using stock footage. They're stirring up fear.  

I'm going to un-quarantine myself.  I'm going to go back to the same common-sense precautions I took when the regular flu or some other bug was out there.  

This national panic is bullshit.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTailgatingRules

• Home of the Tailgate
  • By the Pink Dumpster since 2004
« Reply #138 on: April 07, 2020, 10:37:49 PM »
My opinion on this has swung wildly over time. 

I've always been a little germ-phobic.  I'm one of the weirdos that wipes down the carts at the grocery store before I touch it.  Keep hand sanitizer in my truck so I can hit it when I touch things like gas pumps, ATM pads.  That's gotten worse over time. 

It really started when I read The Stand.  Chapter 8 in that book clearly illustrates virus gets spread. Should be required reading. It stuck in my head and my behavior slowly changed over time.  It's cost me.  I've had clients catch me hitting the sanitizer after shaking hands and looking offended.  I refused to go to my parent's house one Christmas because one of my siblings insisted on bringing his kids - two of which were suffering from stomach virus and/or fluish fevers.  Caused a rift in the family and somehow it was MY fault when everyone who went was throwing up within three days of being exposed. 

So when this started up, I was dismissive.  Just show a little restraint, do some extra self-care and it'll be fine. 

Then Fauci kept beating the drum.  I thought the guy was credible.  I decided maybe his advice was worth following.  Keep your distance, let it run its course.  I even agreed with the temporary shut down. 

I'm over it now. 

First, there are things we simply aren't being told.  I am firmly convinced that:
1) this virus (whatever it is) is airborne and does not require contact transmission
2) It's been around a lot longer than they are saying.  There were people you knew and were in contact with who had "unknown respiratory infections" after Thanksgiving that tested negative for flu, strep, bronchitis, etc.  They had it. 
3) Everyone is going to come in contact with it no matter what we do.  For the vast, vast majority of us it is utterly benign.  We won't even notice.  We come in contact with thousands of things like that every day.
4) The deaths attributed to "COVID-19" are WILDLY, GROSSLY overstated.  Maybe they've come in contact with the virus, but many of these people were already at death's door.  Yes, there are some that it kills but the same goes for flu, shingles, and dozens of other things that most people recover from.  New York City is tagging virtually every death as COVID related even when there's no direct connection.  Despite this?  The average number of deaths in NYC is *get this, because it's important* ESSENTIALLY UNCHANGED over the number of deaths in any other random year.  Screaming about the COVID deaths when the total mortality rate hasn't changed?  Why do I smell something foul?  It's not decomposing bodies.  New York City averages about 6,000 deaths per month.  On March 31 they claimed 1000 total COVID deaths.  There is no statistically significant increase over the average number of total deaths for that span.  (Bear in mind that the media is quietly hyping all deaths in the state as NYC, which isn't true.  If you spread it out to the entire state, the death rate STILL hasn't changed.  Let that sink in.  No. More. People. Are. Dying. Than. Were. Dying. A. Year. Ago.  No statistically significant change. 
5) We are being lied to.  Period.  Fauci is lying and I don't know why.  People are lying on social media for attention.  I went to Mobile yesterday.  There are no lines at testing centers.  No full emergency rooms.  No swarms at the hospitals.  The media is lying.  They're using stock footage. They're stirring up fear. 

I'm going to un-quarantine myself.  I'm going to go back to the same common-sense precautions I took when the regular flu or some other bug was out there. 

This national panic is bullshit. 
This x 10000
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #139 on: April 07, 2020, 11:09:41 PM »
I say it and then they admit it.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/birx-says-government-is-classifying-all-deaths-of-patients-with-coronavirus-as-covid-19-deaths-regardless-of-cause

The federal government is classifying the deaths of patients infected with the coronavirus as COVID-19 deaths, regardless of any underlying health issues that could have contributed to the loss of someone's life.

So if you have a cold, but get shot 14 times in a drug deal gone bad, you died of a cold.  If you have a rash from poison ivy but you also have pancreatic cancer, you died of the poison ivy rash.  If you have a broken finger, but you also have complete renal failure, that broken finger is what got you. 

Further, they aren't requiring a test or an autopsy to confirm that the deceased actually had the virus.  If they have symptoms that may indicate the virus, their death goes in the COVID ledger. 

This is BULLSHIT!  They are purposely padding the results.  They are manipulating the numbers.  To what end, I cannot tell you. 

This is a dangerous precedent.  It's retrofitting the results to meet their oh-so-scary models and gin up nationwide panic.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 11:20:00 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions