Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

The Virus, Cyrus

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
The Virus, Cyrus
« on: March 13, 2020, 10:43:24 AM »
I'm putting this here because the stupid ass democrat fucks seem determined to make this a political issue.  That plastic creep Joe is fundraising on the back of it.  And Bernie sees an opportunity to scream "free hospitals and free testing" without giving any thought to how that could actually be accomplished.  Fucking morons.  

Anyway, this page has the best information I've seen.  It shows the trends and gives you a real idea of what's truly happening sans the breathless CNN doomsday hype.  

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

My perception has changed after studying this map for a few days.  At first I was extremely dismissive of the entire thing and thought the decision to suspend activities was an extreme overreaction.   I do still think we've completely overreacted -- there's no need to watch people fucking fighting over cans of fucking SPAM at Publix, and cancelling the College World Series and March Madness was a bridge too far -- BUT, I get it.  After looking back through this map, day by day and seeing how it has gone?  I understand the rationale.  

The primary things to remember: 

1) This is a new (which is why they call it "novel") virus.  That means we don't have any inherent immunity.  For that reason, we are more likely to be infected after contact.  
2) Italy is a case study for why we have to do what we are doing.  Because of the "novelty" it does spread fast.  Each infected person will typically infect three others.  Do the math.  1, 3, 9, 81... and then you have a problem.  There are problems with that, however.  You can't keep people isolated forever. And there's no indication that we are close to "curing" it.  Still, it's the right move at this time. 

So keeping people aware and apart is a good step.  The one thing I wish the government could do is simply EXPLAIN why we have to do what we are doing.  This just canceling shit comes across like a full-on panic move and is what's setting the crazies off.  

I talked to someone who I consider extremely rational yesterday.  Solid conservative, never known him to have an overreaction to anything.  He wondered aloud "what are they going to do with all the bodies?  I don't think they can get them buried fast enough, so I figure we'll just have to go to cremating them all.  Are they just going to pick up bodybags at the curb and stack them up somewhere until they can get to it?"   He's convinced there will be "millions" of deaths by July.  He's getting his fear from the Internet.  Reading all kinds of bullshit, insane theories.  

I was shrieked at by someone who used to work for me who tried to tell me that Trump and Pence both have the virus and are actively trying to infect Pelosi, Schumer and others in order to keep the democrats from taking control of this situation and eliminating the virus in America.  If it weren't for Trump, nobody would even have it.  I lit her up.  We are no longer friends and I'm fine with that.  She is part of the problem.  I'm never going to speak to her again.  

I'm sick of hearing people scream that "nobody is being tested!! We probably all have it and don't even know it!!!"   That's not true.  

Social media is the bane of human existence.  It has turned a moderately serious illness which could be managed by basic self discipline and hygiene into a global panic.  Without social media and the 24-hour news cycle which requires fuckholes like the ones on CNN to manufacture one "oh holy shit" crisis after another, this would be an entirely different situation.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: The Virus, Cyrus
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2020, 11:58:17 AM »
I agree dude.

Ive honestly done a 90 degree turn since last week. I was totally dismissive of it 7 days ago. The more and more I tuned out the media and more I started listening to medical experts as more information came out daily, the more I started coming back to the middle somewhere on this.

One end has raging lunatics raiding wal mart shelves for anything like its a damn zombie apocalypse. It's not. Its not even close. And CNN is fanning those flames. Mostly for political gain as K mentioned.

At the other end - TOTALLY 100% Tin Foil hat level dismissive. Also an insane take. Im looking at you Laura Ingram.
I love President Trump....BUT.....some of his most loyal people in that voting block have become the worst proponents of this dismissive take. "itz the faykke news pawwlll, aint nuh virus reeeellly...iz all made up ta scare us. Dontchu thank?". Ive literally almost that exact phrase. Which is sad. He has changed his opinion recently....maybe they should too. It's real and not "invented to scare you by the shadow gubment"

Some good facts that anyone should fall in line with unless they're just in denial:

- This is very new (COVID19) and has only been here in the US 6-8 weeks. No the family of Coronaviruses is not new. You'll see it on the back of Lysol....But this particular one is. They are still finding things out about it daily in labs. China has also hindered treatment research and vaccine efforts using it as ransom to get the US to take blame to get the bad PR off their plate from their lack of any sanitary regulations in their meat markets in Wuhan. Yes, they eat bats. Which is where it came from. Its one of only a few viruses that have been "zootonic" along with H1N1, Swine, SARS. Most are not.

- There is concern. There should NOT be panic. Panic always makes things better - NOT. Raiding shelves is stupid. Causing a panic is stupid. Washing your hands, not sneezing and coughing ON people and perhaps avoiding large crowds is smart.

- In the last week they've found it IS highly contagious. Strep/Pink Eye level motility. That wasn't known last week.

- President Trump himself has had a similar change of tune the last 5 days after talking to medical experts. So have many of his medical people he trusts. Sorry but Laura Ingram and Rush Limbaugh are not experts on this anymore than the CNN hacks who bray about it daily. Rush also swore that smoking cigarettes didn't cause lung cancer many times over. I trust Trump's medical advisors in that match up.

- Was it a good idea to cancel everything and anything? I do not know. I do believe its a very very aggressive "safe over sorry" approach. Some of them I get. Others I'm not so sure about. Was there really a reason to pull golfers off a course, even if no spectators were going to be there? Probably not. They don't exactly drip gallons of sweat and spit in close proximity like Basketball players do. But I get the rationale as K mentioned. "Whats the worst that can happen?" in each scenario is what you have to consider.

I've been pummeled by multiple people the last few days over my change in opinion over this but I find it to be the most sensible one and the one the medical community is aligning with. I do not trust politicos on either extreme end of the spectrum with medical advice.

Lastly, ANYONE....who tries to politicize or weaponize this thing for political gain in an election cycle? you deserve to burn in hell. SO far, that's anyone on CNN, MSNBC and Joe Biden. Fuck...YOU.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 12:02:31 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2020, 01:06:04 PM »
Its the FLU.

Keep yourself clean and take care of yourself the same as you would during FLU season. This virus does not like the heat, it will most likely be gone in a month.
Shutting down everything is stupid. But what the hell, it can't hurt to have a break from the masses(due the contagious nature).

The same as the FLU, it will affect the elderly and those with compromised immunity(and in some cases, the very young).
And yes, you can have it and not know. Just like the FLU, the symptoms range from allergy like, to severe.

Many hospitals are saying please call the health department before coming in. They will ask a battery of questions to determine if you need testing or medical attention. Don't bust up into the ER and give granny with a broken hip the virus. If it has not reached SARS, you will be fine at home. And if you are fine at home, then no one tested you. So yes, you could have it and not know.

Be smart and protect yourself just as you would against the FLU. The mortality rate is not near what they have reported. Its hard to report the know cases when you don't known the known cases.

And if you are starving with a house full of TP and no food, SCREW YOU!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2020, 02:14:58 PM »
Its the FLU.

Keep yourself clean and take care of yourself the same as you would during FLU season. This virus does not like the heat, it will most likely be gone in a month.
Shutting down everything is stupid. But what the hell, it can't hurt to have a break from the masses(due the contagious nature).

The same as the FLU, it will affect the elderly and those with compromised immunity(and in some cases, the very young).
And yes, you can have it and not know. Just like the FLU, the symptoms range from allergy like, to severe.

Many hospitals are saying please call the health department before coming in. They will ask a battery of questions to determine if you need testing or medical attention. Don't bust up into the ER and give granny with a broken hip the virus. If it has not reached SARS, you will be fine at home. And if you are fine at home, then no one tested you. So yes, you could have it and not know.

Be smart and protect yourself just as you would against the FLU. The mortality rate is not near what they have reported. Its hard to report the know cases when you don't known the known cases.

And if you are starving with a house full of TP and no food, SCREW YOU!
You're a couple of days behind me.   You're exactly where I was on Monday.  

I've come around to the belief that avoiding mass gatherings (including the NBA, NCAA, etc.) is the right thing for the moment.  Just because it is a different strain that we've never seen before and controlling that contact gives us the best chance to slow down the spread and get ahead of it.  

I'm 100% on board with the knowledge that even if you do get it, you can self-medicate and it the vast majority of cases will resolve on their own.  Fluids, rest, advil, mucinex.  It's not a particularly lethal strain at all.  Where it differs, though, is communicability.  We don't have a natural immunity so it spreads easier and faster.  

The problem with that is that we live in an entitled world where fucking idiots are accustomed to racing to the Doc In A Box or the ER if they sniff and demanding antibiotics.  Those moronic assclowns are the same ones raiding the stores and they WILL, absolutely WILL, overwhelm the medical facilities and turn this from a manageable situation into a full-blown riot. Fuckholes like Bernie and Biden bellowing about free this and free that will only exacerbate the situation. 

I've said this numerous times, but I'm far more afraid of my fellow man than I am of this virus. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2020, 02:16:47 PM »
I've said this numerous times, but I'm far more afraid of my fellow man than I am of this virus.
Now THAT is truth!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2020, 02:27:50 PM »
WT scares me.  That man is not stable.  All you have to do is read a couple of his posts to realize he should be institutionalized. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2020, 02:50:13 PM »
Its the FLU.

If you say so Doc. Scientifically, and timeline wise....you are incorrect. They're not even in the same family of viruses... K spelled it out pretty well above as far as it being new and contagious. There is a LOT of unknown. I don't know why the hell being cautious offends so many fucking people. But you are gonna believe what you want. Have fun.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 02:52:58 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2020, 03:04:34 PM »
Dammit...the Illuminati has gotten to Kaos and GH.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2020, 03:07:02 PM »
Ok, here it comes. My famous inside sources, here again.

But, I am serious in saying that per a medical source on a “task force” for the virus in Texas —it is real. We are trying to “flatten it out” before it inundates our healthcare system like happened in Italy.

Some of us, maybe most of us, will get it. It’s airborne. No running away. Just try to rough it out at home if possible. Keep fever under control was advice given to me. Stock up on Gatorade rather than toilet paper.

Watch out for your older friends and family. So, we should seriously keep an eye on kaos and snags, all kidding aside.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2020, 03:18:45 PM »
Ok, here it comes. My famous inside sources, here again.

But, I am serious in saying that per a medical source on a “task force” for the virus in Texas —it is real. We are trying to “flatten it out” before it inundates our healthcare system like happened in Italy.

Some of us, maybe most of us, will get it. It’s airborne. No running away. Just try to rough it out at home if possible. Keep fever under control was advice given to me. Stock up on Gatorade rather than toilet paper.

Watch out for your older friends and family. So, we should seriously keep an eye on kaos and snags, all kidding aside.
Well now, that's comforting to know.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2020, 03:27:14 PM »
Well now, that's comforting to know.
At least it won’t kill most of us. Just you and kaos.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2020, 03:29:31 PM »
At least it won’t kill most of us. Just you and kaos.
Whew!!! I was worried there for a moment.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2020, 03:53:33 PM »
If you say so Doc. Scientifically, and timeline wise....you are incorrect. They're not even in the same family of viruses... K spelled it out pretty well above as far as it being new and contagious. There is a LOT of unknown. I don't know why the hell being cautious offends so many fucking people. But you are gonna believe what you want. Have fun.
Call your local department of health and ask them how to treat it.

Unless SARS has set in, they are gonna tell you, "TREAT IT LIKE THE FLU".
If you are having trouble breathing, go to the hospital.
Otherwise, "TREAT IT LIKE THE FLU".

Let us know what they tell you.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2020, 04:00:22 PM »
Call your local department of health and ask them how to treat it.

Unless SARS has set in, they are gonna tell you, "TREAT IT LIKE THE FLU".
If you are having trouble breathing, go to the hospital.
Otherwise, "TREAT IT LIKE THE FLU".

Let us know what they tell you.
I called ours and they told me, "Have a coke and a smile and shut the fuck up". 

I think I'll add some fine, brown lick her to my DCP.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2020, 04:06:34 PM »
I called ours and they told me, "Have a coke and a smile and shut the fudge up". 

I think I'll add some fine, brown lick her to my DCP.
Y'all shut up.  Little Eddie got a joke to tell.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2020, 04:17:48 PM »
I'm going to say this because I feel compelled to do so.  

If you can't get behind this president and everything he's done over the last four years and over the steps he's taking during this entire situation?  

Go fuck yourself.  

I read some bullshit from a New York writer yesterday saying how she'd really prefer to go to Italy and take her chances there rather than run the risk of living here under Trump with the virus.  I'd pay her fucking ticket.  Fuck her.  Fucking mommy part. I hope she gets over there and fucking stays.  

President Trump has done a magical job with the economy.  If we were still laboring along under the malaise of Obama, this virus situation would have already completely crashed the economy.  

The liberals in their whitewashing of all Obama's bullshit will try to tell you he handled H1N1 better than Trump.  He most certainly did not.   And at this same stage in its history it was substantially worse.  Eventually 60 million in the US got it, 13,000 died.   It was also "novel"   So far 41 have died.  FORTY ONE.  

Everything this president is doing is designed to prevent it coming anywhere near that.   

Time to get behind him.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2020, 04:20:26 PM »
I'm going to say this because I feel compelled to do so. 

If you can't get behind this president and everything he's done over the last four years and over the steps he's taking during this entire situation? 

Go fudge yourself. 

I read some bullshoot from a New York writer yesterday saying how she'd really prefer to go to Italy and take her chances there rather than run the risk of living here under Trump with the virus.  I'd pay her fudgeing ticket.  fudge her.  fudgeing mommy part. I hope she gets over there and fudgeing stays. 

President Trump has done a magical job with the economy.  If we were still laboring along under the malaise of Obama, this virus situation would have already completely crashed the economy. 

The liberals in their whitewashing of all Obama's bullshoot will try to tell you he handled H1N1 better than Trump.  He most certainly did not.  And at this same stage in its history it was substantially worse.  Eventually 60 million in the US got it, 13,000 died.  It was also "novel"  So far 41 have died.  FORTY ONE. 

Everything this president is doing is designed to prevent it coming anywhere near that. 

Time to get behind him. 
Harumph

The difference between this and the piggie flu of 2009?  Media coverage...including the "social justice warriors"
Trump is kicking names and taking ass!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2020, 04:32:56 PM »
Harumph

The difference between this and the piggie flu of 2009?  Media coverage...including the "social justice warriors"
Trump is kicking names and taking ass!
I thought that was Rotten Bottom
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2020, 12:54:11 AM »
I’m not that concerned about getting it. Figure it’s coming and I’ll get a few days in bed. I’m more concerned that for the vast majority of the population, something simple like “wash your hands with soap” is a revelation. Bunch of dirty fucking animals. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2020, 08:31:34 AM »
Saw an old Law and Order last night.  In an episode from 2003, Briscoe and Green work to stop the accidental spread of .... you guessed it, coronavirus.  

I wonder if President Trump saw that episode?  They contained that shit in about 22 minutes.  Briscoe is dead now, but Green is still around.  We could use somebody like that on the case.  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions