Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Cancelled Madness

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Cancelled Madness
« on: March 11, 2020, 11:08:46 AM »
For those of you who participated last year, you probably just got an email inviting you to join again this year for the 654th annual Tigers X March Madness Bracketology contest.  If you did not play last year, here is the link to go join now.
http://tigersx.mayhem.cbssports.com

« Last Edit: March 12, 2020, 05:32:23 PM by Buzz Killington »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Pearl Madness is back
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2020, 12:18:25 PM »
I don't know.  It doesn't look like a very exciting tournament to me.  Out of all the teams in it, I'd have to pick Gonzaga.  But, Utah State, Bradley, Winthrop, Liberty, Belmont and North Dakota State really don't do anything for me.  What a boring tournament. Plus, there won't be anybody at the games with the Corona's floating around.

In all srsns, I love this time of year.  These smaller school and mid-major conference tournaments are badazz and watching those kind of teams punch their ticket is a lot of fun.  Unless our Tiggers are winning some games, I don't really care about the Power 5 tournaments.  But for the smaller schools, it's like watching 3-4 national championship celebrations every night. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2020, 12:52:35 PM »
I don't know.  It doesn't look like a very exciting tournament to me.  Out of all the teams in it, I'd have to pick Gonzaga.  But, Utah State, Bradley, Winthrop, Liberty, Belmont and North Dakota State really don't do anything for me.  What a boring tournament. Plus, there won't be anybody at the games with the Corona's floating around.

In all srsns, I love this time of year.  These smaller school and mid-major conference tournaments are badazz and watching those kind of teams punch their ticket is a lot of fun.  Unless our Tiggers are winning some games, I don't really care about the Power 5 tournaments.  But for the smaller schools, it's like watching 3-4 national championship celebrations every night.
just because you got your ass kicked last season by a more informed picker, does not mean you start making excuses now.
Suck it up and make your sucky picks again this season.

Bring it!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2020, 01:02:15 PM »
just because you got your ass kicked last season by a more informed picker, does not mean you start making excuses now.
Suck it up and make your sucky picks again this season.

Bring it!
To be the man, you gotta' beat the man.  You are wearing out my mouse.  Seems that every time I'm in one of these lame ass pick em' contests, I have to scroll and scroll and scroll down towards the bottom to find your name.  You're just a fly in the ointment, Hans. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2020, 01:10:34 PM »
To be the man, you gotta' beat the man.  You are wearing out my mouse.  Seems that every time I'm in one of these lame ass pick em' contests, I have to scroll and scroll and scroll down towards the bottom to find your name.  You're just a fly in the ointment, Hans.
Apparently you sucked so bad last year that you quit looking at the leader board once I blew your doors off.

7th place is no way to go through life son...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 01:12:14 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2020, 02:09:42 PM »
You two get a room already
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2020, 02:39:37 PM »
Apparently you sucked so bad last year that you quit looking at the leader board once I blew your doors off.

7th place is no way to go through life son...
Image result for Ric Flair gifs
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2020, 04:18:37 PM »
I'd like to make the Final Four, win the whole thing and all that.  But if by some miraculous fluke that didn't happen?   

I'd derive a certain sense of hilarity from seeing Dayton do that.  Alabama's fired basketball coach Anthony Grant currently has the Flyers ranked third in the polls and a potential number one seed.  I find that amusing.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2020, 04:48:04 PM »
I'd like to make the Final Four, win the whole thing and all that.  But if by some miraculous fluke that didn't happen? 

I'd derive a certain sense of hilarity from seeing Dayton do that.  Alabama's fired basketball coach Anthony Grant currently has the Flyers ranked third in the polls and a potential number one seed.  I find that amusing. 
Yeah, well. He was too tall for bammer.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2020, 04:50:17 PM »
You two get a room already
No room necessary. Dat boy has already been screwed!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2020, 05:06:37 PM »
No room necessary. Dat boy has already been screwed!
Ha!!!  Revisionist history.  3 years running, I wore the crown.  Won the battles but never received the Crown.  Buzz, how was that Crown this past season? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2020, 05:15:49 PM »
Ha!!!  Revisionist history.  3 years running, I wore the crown.  Won the battles but never received the Crown.  Buzz, how was that Crown this past season?

Old and feeble minded? This ain't the crown. This is March Madness.

2017 Snags was a lame 3rd
2018 Snags was a lame 6th(unless he claims his wife's win)
2019 Snags was a lame 7th

This season shall be no different.

Prepare to be schooled again.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 05:19:57 PM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2020, 05:22:08 PM »
Old and feeble minded? This ain't the crown. This is March Madness.

You're mad!  Mad I tell ya'.  It doesn't matter what sport the picks are in, domination is the name of my game.  It could be Equestrian or Tiddlywinks.  Doesn't matter.  I will ALWAYS be at the top....of the middle tier....of the lower half of the standings.  In fact, I have a t-shirt that says "Captain Mediocrity".

Deal with that!

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2020, 06:50:44 PM »
Will there still be a Tigerwalk if the arena is empty?  

Asking for a friend. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2020, 01:57:36 AM »
Yes. But it will be quiet and introspective. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2020, 08:54:06 AM »
I wore that bitch everywhere for about 3 months...then the candy started melting.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2020, 08:54:39 AM »
Will there still be a Tigerwalk if the arena is empty? 

Asking for a friend.

Gate A
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2020, 09:58:15 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2020, 09:59:21 AM »
Gate A
is that 230 eastern or central time?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2020, 10:01:58 AM »
is that 230 eastern or central time?
Uh huh.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions