Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Call of Duty error

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Call of Duty error
« on: February 17, 2020, 03:21:41 PM »
Probably the wrong place to ask this (would be safer posting /roast me on tweeter or whatever) BUT... 

I've got Call of Duty Modern Warfare on my XBox One.  My daughters and I like to occasionally solve the world's problems by setting up a local play match and shooting the hell out of things.  Been doing that through the a bunch of versions.  Infinite Warfare, Black Ops, WWII, and the first "season" of the latest version of MWW.  

Downloaded "Season Two" update several weeks ago.  Since then when I go to set up a local match, play a campaign or do local co-op?  I get this shitty message:  "Your data is corrupt or unusable. Please contact Activision Support (http://support.activision.com

There IS NO method by which to contact activision support from that address other than sending a random, worthless comment that creates no trouble ticket or opportunity for response from them.  

I've tried deleting and re-installing the game 
I've tried completely shutting down the X-Box and restarting it
I've tried deleting my stored data on the local box

Has anybody else had this issue at all and if so, do you have any idea how to get past it?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
Re: Call of Duty error
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2020, 08:01:13 PM »
Thought you were a PS lifer? 

Ironically, I tossed my Xbox one out. Went back to Nintendo systems of old. Wii all the way back to nes. Even found an Atari. I feel old. But I like em. 

Got tired of having a one hour download or update every time I took a notion to play a game. I just wanna put a game in and play. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2020, 06:50:30 AM »
I haven't been on in a few weeks but I think I had the season two update.  Will check when I get home tonight.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2020, 08:39:56 AM »
Have you tried turning it off and back on?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2020, 09:27:17 AM »
Have you tried turning it off and back on? 
Actually, I think the proper way is to unplug it, count to thirty, and then try again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2020, 09:33:03 AM »
Actually, I think the proper way is to unplug it, count to thirty, and then try again.
But then I gotta take my shoes off.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #6 on: February 18, 2020, 09:51:57 AM »
Maybe you got that pern virus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: February 18, 2020, 10:44:05 AM »
I stick to what I know.  And will kick a man's ass in some Asteroids.

Image result for Asteroids game gifs
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2020, 10:50:48 AM »
I stick to what I know.  And will kick a man's ass in some Asteroids.

Image result for Asteroids game gifs
I had Asteroids once.  Couldn't even sit on the toilet some days.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2020, 10:54:28 AM »
I had Asteroids once.  Couldn't even sit on the toilet some days.
Do you ever bop your baloney?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2020, 11:28:03 AM »
Is that with Mississippis or without?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2020, 01:58:54 PM »
So finally had downloaded the 9+ gigs of updates I needed for this and gave it a run. 

I am not experiencing the problems that you had but that may have already been updated. 

What I am seeing is a bunch of maps that that have invisible shit on them...ie before the update there might be a minecart that you could take cover behind.  Now the minecart is there but is invisible.  So if you didn't know it was there before then you will not know it is still there now.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2020, 03:20:24 PM »
So finally had downloaded the 9+ gigs of updates I needed for this and gave it a run. 

I am not experiencing the problems that you had but that may have already been updated. 

What I am seeing is a bunch of maps that that have invisible shit on them...ie before the update there might be a minecart that you could take cover behind.  Now the minecart is there but is invisible.  So if you didn't know it was there before then you will not know it is still there now.
That'll be 59.95 please.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.