Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Just Because You Can

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Just Because You Can
« on: February 14, 2020, 03:50:07 PM »
I'm not cheap.  While I don't go around making it rain by any stretch of the imagination, I'm not one to drive an extra 10 miles to another store just because I can save an extra 15% on a pair of pants.  I also tip well.  If the service is good, you'll be happy you waited on my table.  There's just enough going on in life without having to consciously scrimp on every monetary detail just to save a penny.  If I can get my bills paid and have extra money to go out to eat when I want to, or take a trip every now and then, I've pretty much got life by the balls.  And I know balls.

But last night was a prime example of the fact that unless I'm in prison and my cell mate is 6'7" 350 and craves buttsecks, I'm not going to let you do it to me just because you can.  We have a ton of restaurants here in the Wiregrass, but few that are a little more fancy schmancy.  There's one we go to a couple of times a year, mostly on special occasions.  You dress up a little.  Act like you know what the hell you're doing when you order that bottle of wine for the table. (Sniff the screw off cap and swish it in the glass before approving) A guy in the corner playing the piano.  You get the idea.

So, I make a reservation for tonight, Valentines.  She tells me I have to go to their website and pick our 5 course meal, one of which is a small cup of sorbet before the entrée, you know, to cleanse the palate. I only go to the finest places.  Okay, cool.  Snagette and I pull up the site and menu and the first thing we see is...."$100.00 per guest"  

Say wut?

Wait, I'm looking at this Valentine's menu and all it is, is a limited version of your regular menu.  I've had all these dishes before.  I've ordered all this and a bottle of wine, the same one they're offering, and walked out of there under a Hundo.  But tonight, because it's Valentine's, you're going to take another Ben Franklin from me?  I don't think so, Scooter.

I'm sorry, that's the kind of stuff that chaps my Cam Newton Underoos.  In 2013 when we were headed to the MNC game, I started checking flights the morning after we found out the our Tigers were in.  I was checking, making calls, checking again and by that afternoon, all the flights had tripled in price.  Rooms....everything had gone through the roof.  $2,500.00 had turned into $6,000.00.  Why?  Because they can.  I grilled out the night of the game. 

A few years back, we took a trip to New York.  Loved it.  The people there are dumbasses, but I said I definitely want to go back.  We did the whole tourist thing and saw all the main sights.  I wanted to go back and do some other things on our own.  I wanted to go when the city was all gussied up for Christmas so I started planning a trip shortly after Thanksgiving.  HOLY......  Apparently I didn't know where to look so I contacted a travel agent, who promptly advised me that as soon as the turkey is put away, all prices in NY more than triple because that's their main tourist time. Translation.....because they can.

We went to Gatlinburg.  Maybe I am cheap. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Re: Just Because You Can
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2020, 04:08:34 PM »
I live less than an hour from Gulf Shores.  I never go there for that same reason.  

Hurricane in Panama City?  That's so sad.  Hey, remember that condo you rented last year for $1800 for the week?  Sure you can have it again.  For $6500.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

WiregrassTiger

• Don't touch Tappy, he's a service tiger.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2020, 05:32:00 PM »
I'm not cheap.  While I don't go around making it rain by any stretch of the imagination, I'm not one to drive an extra 10 miles to another store just because I can save an extra 15% on a pair of pants.  I also tip well.  If the service is good, you'll be happy you waited on my table.  There's just enough going on in life without having to consciously scrimp on every monetary detail just to save a penny.  If I can get my bills paid and have extra money to go out to eat when I want to, or take a trip every now and then, I've pretty much got life by the balls.  And I know balls.

But last night was a prime example of the fact that unless I'm in prison and my cell mate is 6'7" 350 and craves buttsecks, I'm not going to let you do it to me just because you can.  We have a ton of restaurants here in the Wiregrass, but few that are a little more fancy schmancy.  There's one we go to a couple of times a year, mostly on special occasions.  You dress up a little.  Act like you know what the hell you're doing when you order that bottle of wine for the table. (Sniff the screw off cap and swish it in the glass before approving) A guy in the corner playing the piano.  You get the idea.

So, I make a reservation for tonight, Valentines.  She tells me I have to go to their website and pick our 5 course meal, one of which is a small cup of sorbet before the entrée, you know, to cleanse the palate. I only go to the finest places.  Okay, cool.  Snagette and I pull up the site and menu and the first thing we see is...."$100.00 per guest" 

Say wut?

Wait, I'm looking at this Valentine's menu and all it is, is a limited version of your regular menu.  I've had all these dishes before.  I've ordered all this and a bottle of wine, the same one they're offering, and walked out of there under a Hundo.  But tonight, because it's Valentine's, you're going to take another Ben Franklin from me?  I don't think so, Scooter.

I'm sorry, that's the kind of stuff that chaps my Cam Newton Underoos.  In 2013 when we were headed to the MNC game, I started checking flights the morning after we found out the our Tigers were in.  I was checking, making calls, checking again and by that afternoon, all the flights had tripled in price.  Rooms....everything had gone through the roof.  $2,500.00 had turned into $6,000.00.  Why?  Because they can.  I grilled out the night of the game.

A few years back, we took a trip to New York.  Loved it.  The people there are dumbasses, but I said I definitely want to go back.  We did the whole tourist thing and saw all the main sights.  I wanted to go back and do some other things on our own.  I wanted to go when the city was all gussied up for Christmas so I started planning a trip shortly after Thanksgiving.  HOLY......  Apparently I didn't know where to look so I contacted a travel agent, who promptly advised me that as soon as the turkey is put away, all prices in NY more than triple because that's their main tourist time. Translation.....because they can.

We went to Gatlinburg.  Maybe I am cheap.
In all seriousness, I will gladly take your wife out for a Valentines dinner and spend a hundred on her. As long as she and I can work out the expectations and details, I will be there to pick her up by 7. Bet your sweet ass.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Like my posts on www.tigersx.com

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2020, 01:05:22 AM »
My wife and I ate out on the 13th. It was pleasant and not as crowded.
She understands that we have it good every day. No need to feel guilty on that one made up day of love.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 12:57:07 AM by CCTAU »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.