So, yeah...he's Gus.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Re: Rocky Mountain, bye bye
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2020, 05:20:25 PM »
So, yeah...he's Gus.
Without the wins vs his main rival.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
Re: Rocky Mountain, bye bye
« Reply #22 on: February 24, 2020, 02:59:18 PM »
Karl Dorrell hired by Colorado

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28759122/colorado-hires-karl-dorrell-dolphins-next-head-coach

Colorado officially named former Miami Dolphins assistant coach Karl Dorrell as their next coach on Sunday.

The five-year, $18 million deal is pending approval from Colorado's Board of Regents, according to a statement released by the school.

Dorrell, who coached the Dolphins' receivers, will succeed Mel Tucker, who left the Buffaloes to become the head coach at Michigan State.

"I'm excited to be back, it's like coming home," said Dorrell, who was CU's offensive coordinator and wide receivers coach from 1995 to '98 and the receiver coach from 1992 to '93. "The thing that excited me about this job is that my experience in the past here for the most part has been very successful. We had a lot of good teams, went to a lot of good bowl games. It's a top caliber program that has a lot of potential, and I'm excited to return it to that level."

Dorrell was the head coach at UCLA from 2003 to '07, during which he led the Bruins to five bowl appearances and amassed a record of 35-27. He was fired at the end of the '07 season despite the Bruins' reaching a bowl game.

Earlier this week, Kansas City Chiefs offensive coordinator Eric Bieniemy, a star running back at Colorado from 1987 to '90, withdrew his name from consideration for the job, ESPN confirmed.

Steve Sarkisian also withdrew his name from consideration and instead plans to remain at Alabama as offensive coordinator, sources told ESPN

Dorrell, 56, returns to college after spending the past five seasons as receivers coach for the Jets (2015-18) and Dolphins (2019). His last college coaching job was in 2014, when he served as Vanderbilt's offensive coordinator.

The Dolphins gave Dorrell a promotion this week, adding assistant head coach to his title, but Dorrell has been looking for an opportunity to return to being a head coach.

Dorrell quickly earned the respect of his Dolphins receivers last season and played a key role in DeVante Parker's breakout 2019 season.

Guess it's the best they could get but still...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg