Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Heights/Weights and Who Gone Play Da' Line?

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Heights/Weights and Who Gone Play Da' Line?
« on: February 26, 2020, 10:48:22 AM »
You know me, a heights and weights kind of guy.  I had a couple of appointments cancel on me this morning, so instead of being productive with my time, I looked up some quite useless information. 

A good bit of this year's recruiting class is already on campus and ready to start in the Spring.  Auburn released their roster with updated bio's on the signees, and a few things stood out. Not that his stats changed very much, but Cartavious "Tank" Bigsby checked in at 6' 209. 

Very impressed with the heights of this wide receivers class:

Elijah Cannon:  6'4"  201

Ze'vian Capers:  6'4"  192

JJ Dy-no-mite Evans:  6'2"  192

Four O-linemen made it on campus, one of which is definitely going to need to strap on the feed bag.  If not, he can try and work in at the high profile H-Back position:

Brendan Coffey:  6'6"  264

Killian Zierer:  6'7"  284

Tate Johnson:  6'3"  325

Avery Jernigan:  6'3"  306

So, Jack Bicknell, Jr. will basically be starting from scratch with the O-line.  Four starters gone and the center, Nick Brahms, only started 2 whole games.  As we discussed in the Sign and Drive forum, I have been far less than impressed, not only with this recruiting haul at that position, but our O-line recruiting dating back several years.  The last highly rated lineman I can recall in recent memory was Calvin Ashley.  His name will most definitely go down as one of the greats....in Colorado Buffalo history.

Suffice it to say our O-line has been less than stellar in recent years, and the Debbie Downer in me doesn't see any real reason for improvement this season.  There's most likely nobody in this signing class that's a plug and play, and the guys we have coming back couldn't beat out the schleps we had the last two years.  Maybe Co Bick will breathe new life into them.  Could he have the Joe Brady/Joe Burrow effect on our line?  Don't know but that's about the only thing I can hang my hat on.  One thing we have is numbers. 

Jalil Irvin  6'2"  300

Justin Osborne  6'4"  280

Nick Brahms  6'4"  301

Tashawn Manning  6'3"  326

Keiondre Jones  6'3"  325

Brodarious Hamm  6'5"  312

Kameron Stutts  6'4"  320

Alec Jackson  6'5"  304

Austin Troxell  6'6"  310

Prince Michael Sammons  6'7"  307

Kamaar Bell  6'2"  320

Out of those, it seems I recall Hamm and Manning (Along with Brahms) getting the most second team reps.  Troxell would seem like a next in line, but who knows with his injury situation.  I've read good things about Irvin, but like most of these, I just don't know. 

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Heights/Weights and Who Gone Play Da' Line?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2020, 01:58:53 PM »
Not a true Dax among them...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Heights/Weights and Who Gone Play Da' Line?
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2020, 02:44:10 PM »
Not a true Dax among them...
I'm so sick of these pie in the sky expectations.  Damn it, Dax is not coming back.  I'm so tired of it, I don't even want to hear his name mentioned.  It's over people.

Now hypothetically, if he were to come back.....which he's not.  Wait, what am I saying?  Even if he did....and again...he's not...he'd just leave us again.  And wondering what could have been.  That guy is sooo selfish.

But, he's not coming back. 

I'm pretty sure of it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."