Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

I'm really more of a leg man anyway

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: I'm really more of a leg man anyway
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2020, 11:05:19 AM »
And, yet, thousands of kids complete the process every year without fucking it all up.
True.  But you're also going to get your fair share of kids who do, both athletes and regular students.  Obviously, every coach is different in their tolerance level with their athletes.  Some may have zero tolerance for screw ups, whatever that may be....missing class, smoking the gunji, punching out teammates etc. Others, like Lord Saybinz, take the position that their livelihood depends on the best players being on the field and they put up with countless indiscretions, if you will. 

I'm just saying that if you're not on Bama's Sugar Bowl roster, you've burned all the available bridges and goodwill.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2020, 11:10:03 AM »
And, yet, thousands of kids complete the process every year without fucking it all up.
I was not one of those. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2020, 11:44:04 AM »
in something other than sports.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2020, 11:59:37 AM »
And yet billions of people complete this thing called life to die of old age.
And then there is that percentage that just screws it up. I wonder who their coach was.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2020, 12:03:54 PM »
My boy is going to Junior College here at home this year and maybe the next.  He's going to have to prove he can do something simple like get out of bed on his own and make it to class without us having to pour cold water on his head, before we spend the money to send him to Auburn. 
Hmm. Listening to all these folks talk about how much you care, I thought you were rolling in the dough enough to let him party!

I did this with my youngest son. It was a lot more affordable and let me know if he was serious or not. It turned out, he struggled with the responsibility. So after two years, he joined the AF. Now he is working toward that degree on their dime!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2020, 12:45:11 PM »
I've posted this before, but I'm always reminded of my conversations with a friend of mine who is the skrength corch at a Sun Belt school.  He's said many times that football, basketball etc., ain't even close to the top of the priority list for a ton of these kids.  It's a means to an end.  A way to get away from home, go to college, get a shot at the pros....whatever.  He said they're far more interested in video games, pussy, weed (Not necessarily in that order) than the sport they got a scholly in.

Bottom line, they're kids.  My boy is going to Junior College here at home this year and maybe the next.  He's going to have to prove he can do something simple like get out of bed on his own and make it to class without us having to pour cold water on his head, before we spend the money to send him to Auburn. 
I think Coach Dye put it the best way I have ever heard.  He said that "it is really pretty simple, you find out what is important to the kid and focus on that.  If they care more about school than football then they will do what they need to do on the football field to make sure they stay in school.  If they care about football more then they will do what they need to do to stay in school in order to chase thier dreams on the football field."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2020, 01:00:29 PM »
I think Coach Dye put it the best way I have ever heard.  He said that "it is really pretty simple, you find out what is important to the kid and focus on that.  If they care more about school than football then they will do what they need to do on the football field to make sure they stay in school.  If they care about football more then they will do what they need to do to stay in school in order to chase thier dreams on the football field."
He was walking through the neighbor's yard in his underwear when he said that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2020, 01:06:04 PM »
Cause his pants were in Lake Martin
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #28 on: February 06, 2020, 04:18:32 PM »
The underwear yes, but it was to his office in the Athletics Building.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum