Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2020 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 2020 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #380 on: October 13, 2020, 09:34:00 AM »
The Rays look solid, and have all year.  No weaknesses anywhere.

The Braves have hit a hot streak at exactly the right time.  Giving up one run to the Dojjers is next to impossible. And per usual, about the only way we can score is by those long balls that chicks dig so much.  Still, LA is the most loaded team in the game.    
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #381 on: October 13, 2020, 10:34:02 AM »
Still, LA is the most loaded team in the game.   
...and they have always choked in October.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #382 on: October 13, 2020, 10:50:09 AM »
...and they have always choked in October.
Troof.  And if we beat Kershaw tonight, we're stealing their souls like a.....

Ginger People - Posts | Facebook
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #383 on: October 13, 2020, 11:30:39 AM »
Troof.  And if we beat Kershaw tonight, we're stealing their souls like a.....

Ginger People - Posts | Facebook
Better get two buckets of chicken...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #384 on: October 13, 2020, 11:48:59 AM »
Rijnal recipe.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #385 on: October 13, 2020, 02:18:29 PM »
Maybe only 1 bucket needed after all........

Clayton Kershaw has been scratched from his Game 2 start in the National League Championship Series because of back spasms, the Los Angeles Dodgers announced Tuesday morning, about six hours before the first pitch from Globe Life Field.

Tony Gonsolin, a rookie, will start in Kershaw's place.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #386 on: October 13, 2020, 02:19:19 PM »
That's one way to keep from choking yet again.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #387 on: October 13, 2020, 02:21:56 PM »
That's one way to keep from choking yet again.

But the experts said he was having a renaissance. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #388 on: October 13, 2020, 03:10:25 PM »
The pitcher is a rookie.  That doesn't bode well for the Braves.  Usually, a guy called up that day to make his first start will one hit the choppers.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #389 on: October 13, 2020, 04:10:13 PM »
The pitcher is a rookie.  That doesn't bode well for the Braves.  Usually, a guy called up that day to make his first start will one hit the choppers.

He hasn't pitched in 3 weeks and wasn't mentally prepared to do so on short notice. It being the pennant, what will be his mindset tonight? Dodgers have also ruled out Kershaw for game 3 as well, with Game 4 being a best case....meaning, at most the Bravos will only have to see him once. This will also probably force Roberts to pull May and Urias out of the bullpen for the playoffs and put them in the starting rotation....the bullpen - overnight - will suddenly look like a weak spot leaving the 2 who got shellacked last night in relief and Jansen (also gotten shellacked lately) as the main options. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #390 on: October 13, 2020, 04:23:24 PM »
He hasn't pitched in 3 weeks and wasn't mentally prepared to do so on short notice. It being the pennant, what will be his mindset tonight? Dodgers have also ruled out Kershaw for game 3 as well, with Game 4 being a best case....meaning, at most the Bravos will only have to see him once. This will also probably force Roberts to pull May and Urias out of the bullpen for the playoffs and put them in the starting rotation....the bullpen - overnight - will suddenly look like a weak spot leaving the 2 who got shellacked last night in relief and Jansen (also gotten shellacked lately) as the main options.
Jansen is a basket case lately.  BTW, you guys can thank me for that since I picked him up on my fantasy team this season.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

« Reply #391 on: October 13, 2020, 04:44:24 PM »
Jansen is a basket case lately.  BTW, you guys can thank me for that since I picked him up on my fantasy team this season.
Its pretty amazing how Kershaws back and Buehlers finger blister could have a huge downstream effect on their entire season now....especially since their bats went cold last night. 

Now, watch Smith and Bellinger get 3 RBIs each tonight. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #392 on: October 13, 2020, 10:41:25 PM »
Hung on by a testicle pube for the win. Up 2-0.  Happy for the win but playoff baseball can kiss my ass.  4 hours and 15 minutes.  No excuse for that.  Hell, I started watching the Titans and Bills just to pass the time.  Baseball has to do something. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #393 on: October 14, 2020, 08:05:57 AM »
Rays can clinch tonight.

Braves can really put a stranglehold on the nlcs tonight. 

#ChopOn

Although I won’t be able to watch, got club basketball practice to take a kid to. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #394 on: October 14, 2020, 08:58:49 AM »
Snitker realllllllly needs to rethink when he wants to use Tomlin again. I get wanting to save melancons arm some but he probably could have gotten out of the 9th in less than 10 pitches. I knew when albies committed the error that Bellinger was coming to the plate with piss n vinegar.

I know it’s a brand new park - and beautiful May I add - but why do the walls on all sides of this park not bounce a baseball? Other than a line drive to the outfield wall, the balls die once they hit any wall.

Game 5 if needed will end up being either a closer game or Freid/buelhler on short rest - which may also turn into a closer committee game. 
« Last Edit: October 14, 2020, 09:01:12 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #395 on: October 14, 2020, 09:54:20 AM »
Let me climb up on that soap box and rant some more. That game started at 5:05 yesterday AFTERNOON.  At 9:00 last NIGHT, they were just entering the 9th inning.  No wonder there's always talk about how to get fans back to the game, a younger demographic or whatever.  Well, there's the problem staring you in the face. 

The best thing they've done is requiring any new pitcher to face a minimum of 3 batters.  That's a start.  But you have to put a pitch clock in play.  I was checking out some of the Rays and Stros the other day.  The pitcher looked in while the catcher went through 5 series of signs.  They couldn't get together so the pitcher stepped off.  He takes a heavy sigh, goes through all his routine, toes the rubber again and watches as the catcher goes through the same series of signs.  The batter gets frustrated and steps out.  The pitcher steps off.  They both go through their little routines.  The pitcher toes the rubber and looks in.  I thought, "I'd rather watch Blues Clues."  BTW, last night was an episode about Pirates and they had to find Blue's treasure...and....wait....

I probably watched less than half of that game last night.  I love baseball and love my Bravos.  But damn, I also have a life. Sort of.  Anyway, I'll get down off this box.  Somebody give me a hand, I'm getting old and it hurts my knees when I step down. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #396 on: October 14, 2020, 12:15:38 PM »
Let me climb up on that soap box and rant some more. That game started at 5:05 yesterday AFTERNOON.  At 9:00 last NIGHT, they were just entering the 9th inning.  No wonder there's always talk about how to get fans back to the game, a younger demographic or whatever.  Well, there's the problem staring you in the face.

The best thing they've done is requiring any new pitcher to face a minimum of 3 batters.  That's a start.  But you have to put a pitch clock in play.  I was checking out some of the Rays and Stros the other day.  The pitcher looked in while the catcher went through 5 series of signs.  They couldn't get together so the pitcher stepped off.  He takes a heavy sigh, goes through all his routine, toes the rubber again and watches as the catcher goes through the same series of signs.  The batter gets frustrated and steps out.  The pitcher steps off.  They both go through their little routines.  The pitcher toes the rubber and looks in.  I thought, "I'd rather watch Blues Clues."  BTW, last night was an episode about Pirates and they had to find Blue's treasure...and....wait....

I probably watched less than half of that game last night.  I love baseball and love my Bravos.  But damn, I also have a life. Sort of.  Anyway, I'll get down off this box.  Somebody give me a hand, I'm getting old and it hurts my knees when I step down.
wait, what channel was Blues Clues on? I looked and looked and thought I saw every channel in the lineup but never saw that episode listed. Pirates and Treasure...boy oh boy, sounds like a real good one was on last.....I mean, anyway back to the game. Yeah, my thought exactly. I looked over at the wife when 9 cst/10 est hit the clock and said "in 5 mins this game will be 4 hours old and were just in the middle of the 9th". Thats unacceptable. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #397 on: October 15, 2020, 09:31:10 AM »
Ok, that's my bad for yesterday, Braves fans.  No chicken ordered.

Let's get a bucket of Popeye's spicy white meat, with a side of red beans and rice, a biscuit, and one large sweet tea.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #398 on: October 15, 2020, 09:47:19 AM »
Ok, that's my bad for yesterday, Braves fans.  No chicken ordered.

Let's get a bucket of Popeye's spicy white meat, with a side of red beans and rice, a biscuit, and one large sweet tea.
Well, Nuke's scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man's here.  We need a live...is it a live rooster?  We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose's glove and nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present.  We're dealing with a lot of shit.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #399 on: October 15, 2020, 09:50:49 AM »
Well, Nuke's scared because his eyelids are jammed and his old man's here.  We need a live...is it a live rooster?  We need a live rooster to take the curse off Jose's glove and nobody seems to know what to get Millie or Jimmy for their wedding present.  We're dealing with a lot of shoot.
Candlesticks always make a nice gift.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions