Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2020 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'

Re: 2020 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #200 on: September 14, 2020, 09:59:23 AM »
Meanwhile the Cubs are in the midst of being swept in Milwaukee...I miss football basketball hockey Seinfeld reruns.
This aged well.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #201 on: September 14, 2020, 10:19:51 AM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #202 on: September 15, 2020, 09:58:47 AM »
Braves magic number - 12 for NL East, 9 for wildcard
Sept. 15-16: at Orioles (2)
Sept. 18-20: at Mets (3)
Sept. 21-24: Marlins (4)
Sept. 24-27: Red Sox (3)

Braves with a 2.5 game lead on Miami for the division. 

Cubs - 11 for NLC, 7 for WC
Sept. 15-16: Indians (2)
Sept. 18-20: Twins (3)
Sept. 21-24: at Pirates (4)
Sept. 24-27: at White Sox (3)

Cards - 13 for WC
Sept. 15-16: at Brewers (3)
Sept. 17-20: at Pirates (5)
Sept. 21-23: at Royals (3)
Sept. 24-27: Brewers (5)

Cards going to have to earn it, as the Brew Crew is 2 back of the Cards.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #203 on: September 15, 2020, 10:15:37 AM »
Braves magic number - 12 for NL East, 9 for wildcard
Sept. 15-16: at Orioles (2)
Sept. 18-20: at Mets (3)
Sept. 21-24: Marlins (4)
Sept. 24-27: Red Sox (3)

Braves with a 2.5 game lead on Miami for the division. 

Cubs - 11 for NLC, 7 for WC
Sept. 15-16: Indians (2)
Sept. 18-20: Twins (3)
Sept. 21-24: at Pirates (4)
Sept. 24-27: at White Sox (3)

Cards - 13 for WC
Sept. 15-16: at Brewers (3)
Sept. 17-20: at Pirates (5)
Sept. 21-23: at Royals (3)
Sept. 24-27: Brewers (5)

Cards going to have to earn it, as the Brew Crew is 2 back of the Cards.
Don't look now...but the Reds are in-between those two.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #204 on: September 15, 2020, 10:24:44 AM »
How would you like to be San Diego and have the 2nd best record in baseball and still be 2 games out for your division?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #205 on: September 15, 2020, 11:20:35 AM »
Took 3 of 4 from the Nats, then got on a bus and went up the road to Baltimore, where the Orioles administered a 14-1 anal raping.  Went in dry.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #206 on: September 15, 2020, 11:30:24 AM »
Playoffs will be interesting this year.  Some new faces scattered in with some old ones.  The Astros will somehow limp in and will probably set the record for hit batsmen in the LDS round.
Waiting for the Orioles to make it so they can face off against the Braves/Cards winner for the whole ball of wax.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #207 on: September 15, 2020, 11:37:34 AM »
Playoffs will be interesting this year.  Some new faces scattered in with some old ones.  The Astros will somehow limp in and will probably set the record for hit batsmen in the LDS round.
Waiting for the Orioles to make it so they can face off against the Braves/Cards winner for the whole ball of wax.
You know, for years I have always thought you were one of the funniest posters on here.  Your wit and timing are legendary.  And here you go with another web gem.  Kudos!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #208 on: September 15, 2020, 12:12:16 PM »
face off against the Braves/Cards winner for the whole ball of wax.
FOH
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #209 on: September 15, 2020, 05:56:41 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #210 on: September 15, 2020, 10:55:01 PM »
18-3???  Sweet Barking Jesus. 

Cards suck. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #211 on: September 16, 2020, 09:57:23 AM »
18-3???  Sweet Barking Jesus.

Cards suck.
But they won the fight after
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #212 on: September 16, 2020, 10:03:28 AM »
18-3???  Sweet Barking Jesus.

Cards suck.
There seems to be a lot of that crap happening.  18-3 in your game.  We got beat 14-1 the night before.  Scored 29 a week ago.  The Yank Me's were up 20-3 last night last time I saw it. 

Here's what I think is happening.  I've heard critics say this many times, but last night was the first time I started to believe it.  I think I watched 9 fly ball outs in a row from the Braves. It's like they're coming out of their shoes trying to go yard on every swing.  And the announcers are right there with it.  Every call is, "Just missed that one."  "Got under it just a bit."

From the get the hell off my lawn department...whatever happened to your lead off man being the slap hitter who would get on any way possible and a threat to steal a base every time?  The two spot was the guy who could handle the stick (Mmmm....) and would find a way to get the lead off man in scoring position.  Then your 3, 4 and 5 hitters could drive the ball. 

Our lead off hitter is Ronald Acuna'.  Yes, he's fast but he needs a chiropractor after every game just to get his spine back in place.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #213 on: September 16, 2020, 12:34:43 PM »
Could be Snags, or could be that shortened spring/summer training is hurting the pitchers?  We expected some sort of asskicking on the Cards because of their schedule and double headers, so I can at least explain it for them.  Thin staff.  I dunno.

I blame Buzz, to be honest.  He's got a voodoo doll for the Cards and Braves.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #214 on: September 16, 2020, 12:48:52 PM »
Could be Snags, or could be that shortened spring/summer training is hurting the pitchers?  We expected some sort of asskicking on the Cards because of their schedule and double headers, so I can at least explain it for them.  Thin staff.  I dunno.

I blame Buzz, to be honest.  He's got a voodoo doll for the Cards and Braves.
Buzz is always at the center of it.

BTW, totally random hijack here.  You seemed a bit flustered last night.  Feathers ruffled, if I may. Pissed even.  I didn't ask on the bookfaces, but there's only 3 people here.  Did a board member personally single out your wife?   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #215 on: September 16, 2020, 01:00:15 PM »
There seems to be a lot of that crap happening.  18-3 in your game.  We got beat 14-1 the night before.  Scored 29 a week ago.  The Yank Me's were up 20-3 last night last time I saw it. 

Here's what I think is happening.  I've heard critics say this many times, but last night was the first time I started to believe it.  I think I watched 9 fly ball outs in a row from the Braves. It's like they're coming out of their shoes trying to go yard on every swing.  And the announcers are right there with it.  Every call is, "Just missed that one."  "Got under it just a bit."

From the get the hell off my lawn department...whatever happened to your lead off man being the slap hitter who would get on any way possible and a threat to steal a base every time?  The two spot was the guy who could handle the stick (Mmmm....) and would find a way to get the lead off man in scoring position.  Then your 3, 4 and 5 hitters could drive the ball. 

Our lead off hitter is Ronald Acuna'.  Yes, he's fast but he needs a chiropractor after every game just to get his spine back in place. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #216 on: September 16, 2020, 01:54:44 PM »
Buzz is always at the center of it.

BTW, totally random hijack here.  You seemed a bit flustered last night.  Feathers ruffled, if I may. Pissed even.  I didn't ask on the bookfaces, but there's only 3 people here.  Did a board member personally single out your wife? 
Yes.  At the monthly board meeting, he (an elected member of the school board) slammed my wife, who is teaching his child, saying that she's (my wife) not doing her job, and how she refused to engage with him (he's never called/email, but his wife has - and my wife has responded within an hour to her) and how his daughter is struggling (My wife has made a zoom video just for his daughter, who for some reason, will not click on the link) and it's all my wife's fault.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #217 on: September 16, 2020, 02:08:19 PM »
Yes.  At the monthly board meeting, he (an elected member of the school board) slammed my wife, who is teaching his child, saying that she's (my wife) not doing her job, and how she refused to engage with him (he's never called/email, but his wife has - and my wife has responded within an hour to her) and how his daughter is struggling (My wife has made a zoom video just for his daughter, who for some reason, will not click on the link) and it's all my wife's fault.
Yeah, she totally sucks.

It can't be my lazy daughter's fault, so it has to be the teacher!  Isn't it great when those fools get a little bit of political power?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #218 on: September 16, 2020, 02:28:52 PM »
At a board meeting?  Serious conflict of interest when a board member is ripping his own child's teacher.  And you were 100% correct last night in calling him a coward.

And BTW, I have been known travel in my quest to cut a bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #219 on: September 16, 2020, 02:48:55 PM »
Wait, you mean to tell me that some of y'all don't believe that the Cubs will shit the bed, the Cards take the Central and then we watch the Bravos and Cards in the NLCS???
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan