Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2020 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 2020 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #160 on: September 03, 2020, 09:43:45 AM »
I hate leaving Fenway.  4 more homers last night.

Granted, the Red Sox are begging people to come in off the street and pitch a few innings.  That club burned it down BLM style.  I recognize about two names on the whole roster. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #161 on: September 03, 2020, 11:53:38 AM »
I hate leaving Fenway.  4 more homers last night.

Granted, the Red Sox are begging people to come in off the street and pitch a few innings.  That club burned it down BLM style.  I recognize about two names on the whole roster.
This guy here is dead.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #162 on: September 03, 2020, 02:05:34 PM »
This guy here is dead.
Well, cross him off then
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

« Reply #163 on: September 04, 2020, 10:03:18 AM »
Nice little 5 game series, Buzzy.  The Saturday double header starts at Wrigley, then moves to Busch.  And then Sunday, back at Wrigley.  Not sure I've ever seen that before.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #164 on: September 04, 2020, 10:39:13 AM »
Nice little 5 game series, Buzzy.  The Saturday double header starts at Wrigley, then moves to Busch.  And then Sunday, back at Wrigley.  Not sure I've ever seen that before.
Going 0-5 against the lock for the World Series title, is not a "nice little series."

Make America Cubby Again   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #165 on: September 04, 2020, 10:58:30 AM »
Should be fun and go a long way toward crowning the NL Central champ after y'all get the sweep.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #166 on: September 04, 2020, 11:00:26 AM »
Flaherty vs Darvish is a good way to get things started too
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #167 on: September 04, 2020, 11:10:22 AM »
Flaherty vs Darvish is a good way to get things started too
Do you know if the rooftops are open?  Wondering if they can sell it as "outdoor dining."
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #168 on: September 04, 2020, 11:18:09 AM »
Do you know if the rooftops are open?  Wondering if they can sell it as "outdoor dining."
I think they are actually.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #169 on: September 06, 2020, 08:52:49 AM »
a) what the hell are you all even talking about?  There is no baseball. 
b) why are you giving in and being part of the problem?

Turn it off.  Let it go.  Be free. 
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 08:57:36 AM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

« Reply #170 on: September 07, 2020, 12:29:38 PM »
RIP Sweet Lou. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #171 on: September 07, 2020, 02:55:47 PM »
RIP Sweet Lou.
RIP Cubs chances at winning the Central
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #172 on: September 07, 2020, 03:56:30 PM »
RIP Cubs chances at winning the Central
You have a 1.5 game lead and cards have 9 more games to play. I think Chicago is ok. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #173 on: September 08, 2020, 09:01:04 AM »
See, you go into a 5 game series, and you go 2-3, only losing 1 game in the standing, and there is what, 3 weeks left?  Cubs are in good shape to win the NL.

Goddamn, Redbirds have 6 double headers through 9/27.  And one day off (tomorrow).
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #174 on: September 08, 2020, 09:24:58 AM »
See, you go into a 5 game series, and you go 2-3, only losing 1 game in the standing, and there is what, 3 weeks left?  Cubs are in good shape to win the NL.

Goddamn, Redbirds have 6 double headers through 9/27.  And one day off (tomorrow).
That really does suck.  Shouldn't have caught the goat aids ronas from each other though...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #175 on: September 08, 2020, 09:56:55 AM »
I'm beginning to worry that Brian Snitker is doing hits of acid between innings.  His coaching, or lack thereof, has cost the Braves 3 games in the last week alone.  Head scratching stuff.

In one of the games, they were down one run going into the 9th.  He decides to put a guy on the bump making his major league debut.  Mind you, the announcers were seriously questioning it, saying there were 3 or 4 guys in the pen who had hardly been used over the previous week.  It didn't go well.  He couldn't get anyone out and what was worse, Snitker didn't have anyone warming up until the kid had thrown 40 pitches.  The Braves scored 2 in their half of the 9th, but too late.

Yesterday was a situation that if I had any hair, it would have all been pulled out.  This is not just a Snitker thing, it's something that's been going on in biesbols for years.  If you have the winning run on 2nd base with nobody out, what is the ONLY call you make?  You...

BLUNT!!!

At the very least, you make every attempt to hit the ball on the ground to the right side.  But, no on both counts.  Just like American History books have been thrown out of our classrooms, it appears Baseball For Dummies, is a thing of the past too.  There's no sacrificing, no moving the runners, no stealing, no hit and runs.  We've digressed to everyone swinging as hard as they can.   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #176 on: September 08, 2020, 10:55:38 AM »
I'm beginning to worry that Brian Snitker is doing hits of acid between innings.  His coaching, or lack thereof, has cost the Braves 3 games in the last week alone.  Head scratching stuff.

In one of the games, they were down one run going into the 9th.  He decides to put a guy on the bump making his major league debut.  Mind you, the announcers were seriously questioning it, saying there were 3 or 4 guys in the pen who had hardly been used over the previous week.  It didn't go well.  He couldn't get anyone out and what was worse, Snitker didn't have anyone warming up until the kid had thrown 40 pitches.  The Braves scored 2 in their half of the 9th, but too late.

Yesterday was a situation that if I had any hair, it would have all been pulled out.  This is not just a Snitker thing, it's something that's been going on in biesbols for years.  If you have the winning run on 2nd base with nobody out, what is the ONLY call you make?  You...

BLUNT!!!

At the very least, you make every attempt to hit the ball on the ground to the right side.  But, no on both counts.  Just like American History books have been thrown out of our classrooms, it appears Baseball For Dummies, is a thing of the past too.  There's no sacrificing, no moving the runners, no stealing, no hit and runs.  We've digressed to everyone swinging as hard as they can. 
Chicks dig the long ball
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #177 on: September 08, 2020, 10:58:35 AM »
Chicks dig the long ball
Glavine and Maddux said so.

« Last Edit: September 08, 2020, 11:02:32 AM by AUJarhead »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #178 on: September 08, 2020, 11:42:01 AM »
I told you it had been going on for years.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #179 on: September 09, 2020, 10:07:32 AM »
What a difference a week makes.  Pasted 8-0 by the Marlins last night and our only true pitcher on the staff, Max Fried, goes on the DL. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions