Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2020 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 2020 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #120 on: August 12, 2020, 12:21:48 PM »
Jar, you mentioned Charlie Blackmon earlier.  (Always about race with you, isn't it?)  Not one of your household names in MLB, but the guy is hitting exactly .500 in 17 games with 3 HR and 20 RBI.  Seems like he was flirting with .400 a year or two back.  That is Jameis SKRONG!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #121 on: August 12, 2020, 12:48:12 PM »
Jar, you mentioned Charlie Blackmon earlier.  (Always about race with you, isn't it?)  Not one of your household names in MLB, but the guy is hitting exactly .500 in 17 games with 3 HR and 20 RBI.  Seems like he was flirting with .400 a year or two back.  That is Jameis SKRONG!
So you're saying it's possible to recover from Covid?  I was led to believe that it was a death sentence.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #122 on: August 12, 2020, 02:35:12 PM »
So you're saying it's possible to recover from Covid?  I was led to believe that it was a death sentence.
Of course it's a death sentence.  Just think what he'd be hitting if he wasn't all afflicted with the Rona's.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #123 on: August 12, 2020, 03:07:03 PM »
I just hope you're typing this with gloves and wearing your mask.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #124 on: August 12, 2020, 03:17:59 PM »
I just hope you're typing this with gloves and wearing your mask.
Jar firing off a witty post on the X.

27 Western Cape healthcare workers have died of Covid-19 | News24
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #125 on: August 12, 2020, 07:41:33 PM »
Jar firing off a witty post on the X.

27 Western Cape healthcare workers have died of Covid-19 | News24
I would wear my Yadier Molina mask, but since he catches everything, I figured it wouldn’t do me any good. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #126 on: August 13, 2020, 03:15:19 PM »
Local sports saying a Cardinals coach has now tested positive for the GoatAids and the Friday night game with the ChiSox has been postponed and they are expecting the weekend series to be postposted later today.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #127 on: August 13, 2020, 03:20:35 PM »
Local sports saying a Cardinals coach has now tested positive for the GoatAids and the Friday night game with the ChiSox has been postponed and they are expecting the weekend series to be postposted later today.
They gonna finish with a 4-3 season record at this pace
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #128 on: August 13, 2020, 03:21:50 PM »
They gonna finish with a 4-3 season record at this pace
#winning
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #129 on: August 13, 2020, 03:24:14 PM »
I think I'd rather our guys be out with the Goat Aids than giving up the 27 runs they've surrendered in the last 3 games. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #130 on: August 13, 2020, 03:28:21 PM »
Cards team picture from 1964 or 1965.  Uecker and Gibson holding hands:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #131 on: August 13, 2020, 04:08:19 PM »
Uecker is one of my all time favorite personalities.  He was on the Dan Patrick show a few weeks back and man, that interview brought back memories. Yes, I'm old.  But when me and my pops knew that Uecker would be on with Johnny Carson, that was an event. This quote was typical of how all his appearances went.

"The biggest thrill a ballplayer can have is when your son takes after you. That happened when my Bobby was in his championship Little League game. He really showed me something. Struck out three times. Made an error that lost the game. Parents were throwing things at our car and swearing at us as we drove off. Gosh, I was proud."

BTW, one of the things he brought out in his interview with Dan Patrick was that pretty much all of his play-by-play scenes in Major League were ad-libs.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #132 on: August 13, 2020, 04:23:31 PM »
Tonight's teepee talk is brought to you by...Christ, I can't find it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #133 on: August 13, 2020, 05:31:43 PM »
Tonight's teepee talk is brought to you by...Christ, I can't find it.
The Duke leads the league in saves, strikeouts per inning and hit batsmen. This guy threw at his own kid in a father-son game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #134 on: August 25, 2020, 12:28:21 PM »
Pretty much at the half way point for most teams....cough cough covid...Cards.  It looks like normal early season standings with a few teams like Minnesota, Oakland and San Diego at or near the top.  History shows they'll usually fade and the cream will rise.  Mmmmm..... But with a 60 game season, who knows?

The Cards (10-8) are playing catch up to the Baby Bears (18-10).  I haven't looked at the schedules but I assume they've got a lot more double dippers ahead of them.  That could be tough.  The Braves (16-12) are hanging in there but injuries and Coronas are kicking them in the teeth. The short season may help their rag-tag bunch of schleps in the starting rotation get through.  If it was a regular season, it could get ugly.

The Dodgers (22-8) are Ron White in-laws level L-O-O-O-A-DED. They'll run away with the entire National League until they hit the playoffs and Clayton Kershaw goes full tard.      
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #135 on: August 26, 2020, 01:56:36 PM »
With an 8 teams in each League making the playoffs, Cards aren't out of it.  In fact, as of two days ago, they would be a #4 seed in the NL:

#8 Rockies (13-15) at #1 Dodgers (22-8)
#7 Giants (14-16) at #2 Cubs (17-10)
#6 Marlins (11-11) at #3 Braves (16-12)
#5 Cardinals (9-8) at #4 Padres (18-12)

Does this cover just about everyone on the X for the NL?  Even GF's team is in it.

Over in the AL:
#8 Orioles (14-14) at #1 Athletics (20-9)
#7 White Sox (17-12) at #2 Rays (19-10)
#6 Astros (15-13) at #3 Twins (19-10)
#5 Indians (17-11) at #4 Yankees (16-9)

So no Sox, but Kaos doesn't care anymore, anyway.  Even the Os get in on the fun.

We're at about the "All star break" and I finally have started watching cards game every night on the local channel....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #136 on: August 26, 2020, 02:32:58 PM »
I'm hoping the Yankees pitch the next man up in the rotation after last night's rain out.  I had no plans to do anything other than occasionally check on the score when I saw that Garrett Cole was on the bump.  The guy has won like 200 in a row, or some shit.  Dude is filthy.

If he is going tonight, go ahead and move us to 16-13.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #137 on: August 26, 2020, 02:43:33 PM »
It's Gerrit Cole.  Pardon my dumbassery.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #138 on: August 27, 2020, 10:11:29 AM »
Well F me runnin'.  Not only did they beat Cole, they also swept the Yank Me's and held them to one run in each game.  Granted, the Bronx Bombers are missing a shipth load of players, but I'd be happy with those results against any team. 

In other news, half the games weren't played because of some cops in Kenosha.  Lebron is pissed. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #139 on: August 27, 2020, 08:29:25 PM »
Well F me runnin'.  Not only did they beat Cole, they also swept the Yank Me's and held them to one run in each game.  Granted, the Bronx Bombers are missing a shipth load of players, but I'd be happy with those results against any team.

In other news, half the games weren't played because of some cops in Kenosha.  Lebron is pissed.
And very few fans give a shit. Let them cancel themselves. Dumbasses. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE