Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2020 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
2020 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« on: January 13, 2020, 03:28:23 PM »
Astros bringing down the axe for sign stealing. GM and Manager (Hinch) dismissed.

https://www.mlb.com/news/astros-sign-stealing-penalty
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 12:46:54 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
Re: 2020 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 04:07:42 PM »
Wow.  Death penalty for a beisbol team.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 04:12:27 PM »
Wow.  Death penalty for a beisbol team.
No doubt. Somebody woke up in a really pissed off mood this morning. Its my opinion that this was a bit too harsh especially this coming down an hour after the same two being suspended for 2020. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 04:29:16 PM »
All I want to know is when the cheating Cardinals will be getting their penalty?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

djsimp

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2020, 04:31:26 PM »
All I want to know is when the cheating Cardinals will be getting their penalty?
Prolly the same time the Yankmees get theirs.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 11:25:06 AM »
:popcorn:
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 12:04:16 PM »
Is it time for Snaggs to make a 2020 thread?  I can't wait for another season full of disappointment and misery!  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 12:15:58 PM »
Is it time for Snaggs to make a 2020 thread?  I can't wait for another season full of disappointment and misery! 
No, Auburn football doesn't start up again for quite a while.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 12:47:05 PM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 02:05:15 PM »
No, Auburn football doesn't start up again for quite a while.
What you did there, I see it. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

djsimp

« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 09:02:03 PM »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2020, 10:56:28 AM »
Look, worry about your basketball team not selling out it's arena.  It's too early for baseball smack...
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2020, 11:36:19 AM »
I was just listening to Dan Patrick and he played a clip of C.C. Sabathia calling out the Astros for cheating and saying they cost us (Yankees) a championship.

Patrick posed the question, "Hey C.C., didn't you win a championship with Roger Clemens and Andy Petitte?  Then shut up!"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2020, 06:26:50 AM »
I don't come in here much cause baseball is teh ghey but can someone explain to me why stealing signs is bad?  It's like it's their job.  You don't protect your signals well or change them up to keep everyone guessing then shame on you. 
This is really teh ghey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2020, 08:30:45 AM »
I don't come in here much cause baseball is teh ghey but can someone explain to me why stealing signs is bad?  It's like it's their job.  You don't protect your signals well or change them up to keep everyone guessing then shame on you. 
This is really teh ghey.
Stealing signs isn't illegal and goes on all the time.  That's not really what they were busted for or the big problem. 

The problem is you aren't allowed the competitive advantage of using technology to do it, especially in the dugout.  Gives the home team a much greater advantage. These guys were using direct cameras (aimed at the catcher) and TVs setup (basically around the wall from the dugout) so they could steal signs, also they had cell phones hidden in the dugout which would relay information from the home camera network team (who were in on the plan).

It's pretty much the definition of cheating.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 08:33:55 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2020, 09:13:02 AM »
And that, my friends, is how you win 100+ games in back to back seasons.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2020, 09:50:39 AM »
Stealing signs isn't illegal and goes on all the time.  That's not really what they were busted for or the big problem. 

The problem is you aren't allowed the competitive advantage of using technology to do it, especially in the dugout.  Gives the home team a much greater advantage. These guys were using direct cameras (aimed at the catcher) and TVs setup (basically around the wall from the dugout) so they could steal signs, also they had cell phones hidden in the dugout which would relay information from the home camera network team (who were in on the plan).

Well, when you put it that way....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2020, 10:16:47 AM »
Same Alex Cora who said trump was lacking of morals? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2020, 10:25:53 AM »

Sounds like motherfuckers that are pissed off they didn't think of it.  Still teh ghey.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2020, 10:34:39 AM »
Sounds like motherfuckers that are pissed off they didn't think of it.  Still teh ghey.
Yes baseball is ghey and technically it isn't cheating until you get caught. 

But essentially there are MLB rules that say no electronics (phones, tvs, ipads etc) allowed in and around the dugout so really can't say no one didn't think of it, everyone else was just following the rules.  Plus MLB basically caught another team in 2017 doing this (on a much smaller scale than what was happening in Houston and then Boston) and wrote a memo to the league reminding them of the rules, and said next people we catch doing it will be made an example of.  Hence where we are.

IMO I say just allow the shit and let everyone do it, might make the game more interesting.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 10:36:46 AM by Godfather »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2020, 11:14:55 AM »
Ain't right in any sport.  From oregonlivedot I am a gay twerker that has no balls!!!!  I also have no idea how to use the quote function to post stories, so I annoy the piss out of others.  I like male genatalia in and around my mouth.

Spygate

Another NFL investigation found the Patriots illegally videotaped the New York Jets defensive signals during a game in 2007. The Patriots were penalized a first-round draft pick, fined $250,000 and New England head coach Bill Belichick was personally fined $500,000.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions