Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

2020 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: 2020 Installment of MLB Bitchin' & Moanin'
« Reply #400 on: October 15, 2020, 09:57:33 AM »
I think we definitely have the momentum going into tonight.  Right after it was 15-0, we outscored them 3-0 over the final 6 innings.  Money!

Look for more of the same in tonight's game.  Bryce Wilson, he of 42 total innings of Major League experience, is climbing the bump for the Braves.  Some guy named Sammy Kershaw is going for the Dodgers. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #401 on: October 15, 2020, 10:02:41 AM »
Candlesticks always make a nice gift.
Let's get two!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #402 on: October 15, 2020, 10:03:46 AM »
I think we definitely have the momentum going into tonight.  Right after it was 15-0, we outscored them 3-0 over the final 6 innings.  Money!

Look for more of the same in tonight's game.  Bryce Wilson, he of 42 total innings of Major League experience, is climbing the bump for the Braves.  Some guy named Sammy Kershaw is going for the Dodgers.
Sounds like a third rate romance.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #403 on: October 15, 2020, 10:09:30 AM »
Sounds like a third rate romance.
It's no low rent rendezvous.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

« Reply #404 on: October 15, 2020, 11:14:07 PM »
Death, taxes, Kershaw blowing it in October. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #405 on: October 16, 2020, 08:51:16 AM »
So...  any professional sports going on tonight that I should watch?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #406 on: October 16, 2020, 09:41:07 AM »
So...  any professional sports going on tonight that I should watch?
You missed a good wrasslin match last night disguised as a townhall meeting
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #408 on: October 16, 2020, 10:05:02 AM »
Suddenly, the Stros and Rays have tightened sphincters.  Mine remains clamped tight facing the Dodgers.  Their bats went silent last night, but they also put up 22 runs in a 6 inning stretch before that.  Maybe the best thing besides winning was that Bryce Wilson gave most of the bullpen a rest.

Question:  I follow my club for the most part so I don't know how others manage.  Is it just Snitker or is everybody obsessed with limiting a starter to 5 or 6 innings?  Wilson pitched 6 complete, held it to a 1-1 tie, had given up only one hit and Snitker yanks him.  He's 22 years old.  I'm guessing he wasn't tired.  What would Wainright say to Schildt if he had a 1 hitter after 6 and was told, "Nice game, hit the showers."   
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #409 on: October 16, 2020, 10:10:22 AM »
Suddenly, the Stros and Rays have tightened sphincters.  Mine remains clamped tight facing the Dodgers.  Their bats went silent last night, but they also put up 22 runs in a 6 inning stretch before that.  Maybe the best thing besides winning was that Bryce Wilson gave most of the bullpen a rest.

Question:  I follow my club for the most part so I don't know how others manage.  Is it just Snitker or is everybody obsessed with limiting a starter to 5 or 6 innings?  Wilson pitched 6 complete, held it to a 1-1 tie, had given up only one hit and Snitker yanks him.  He's 22 years old.  I'm guessing he wasn't tired.  What would Wainright say to Schildt if he had a 1 hitter after 6 and was told, "Nice game, hit the showers." 
Probably something like "Fuck you Jobu"
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #410 on: October 16, 2020, 10:13:56 AM »
Suddenly, the Stros and Rays have tightened sphincters.  Mine remains clamped tight facing the Dodgers.  Their bats went silent last night, but they also put up 22 runs in a 6 inning stretch before that.  Maybe the best thing besides winning was that Bryce Wilson gave most of the bullpen a rest.

Question:  I follow my club for the most part so I don't know how others manage.  Is it just Snitker or is everybody obsessed with limiting a starter to 5 or 6 innings?  Wilson pitched 6 complete, held it to a 1-1 tie, had given up only one hit and Snitker yanks him.  He's 22 years old.  I'm guessing he wasn't tired.  What would Wainright say to Schildt if he had a 1 hitter after 6 and was told, "Nice game, hit the showers." 
As much as I agreed with you last night and still do to an extent, it would appear that they may use him for 2-3 innings Sat or Sunday if we get to the weekend and its needed. Reason being is today will be a Bullpen game for Green, Smith, Martin and Melancon - maybe even Wright (NO!) and Tomlin (God no!). They'll need a somewhat reliable fresh arm out of the pen for Fried Sat if it comes to that.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2020, 10:15:54 AM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #411 on: October 16, 2020, 10:36:34 AM »
What would Wainright say to Schildt if he had a 1 hitter after 6 and was told, "Nice game, hit the showers." 
"Sorry, skipper, I couldn't hear you with my two world series rings plugged in my ears."

And I agree with the decision to pull your starter.  Game was well in hand, let the guys who get paid to do relief do their job.  If for some reason this goes 7 games (it won't) you want him available to pitch.

Going to popeyes for lunch, to get the bravo special - three piece white, spicy, with biscuit and red beans and rice, and one large sweet tea.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #412 on: October 16, 2020, 10:40:10 AM »
As much as I agreed with you last night and still do to an extent, it would appear that they may use him for 2-3 innings Sat or Sunday if we get to the weekend and its needed. Reason being is today will be a Bullpen game for Green, Smith, Martin and Melancon - maybe even Wright (NO!) and Tomlin (God no!). They'll need a somewhat reliable fresh arm out of the pen for Fried Sat if it comes to that.
The only issue I have with that is he was yanked when it was still 1-1.  He was done and hanging on the dugout rail with his buds in a tie game.  The Braves just happened to explode in the bottom of the 6th, but his night was already over.  Braves lose last night and it's a completely different series at 2-2.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #413 on: October 16, 2020, 11:17:08 AM »
The only issue I have with that is he was yanked when it was still 1-1.  He was done and hanging on the dugout rail with his buds in a tie game.  The Braves just happened to explode in the bottom of the 6th, but his night was already over.  Braves lose last night and it's a completely different series at 2-2.
Snit could have easily sent him back out but he didn't. I see both of sides of this one now knowing that they may use him Sat/Sun if necessary. 4-5 relievers will get worn out tonight. Hopefully they get the W so that none of this matters.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #414 on: October 16, 2020, 12:17:42 PM »
Snit could have easily sent him back out but he didn't. I see both of sides of this one now knowing that they may use him Sat/Sun if necessary. 4-5 relievers will get worn out tonight. Hopefully they get the W so that none of this matters.
Troof.  I'm just questioning his overall philosophy of taking his starters out so early.  Ear-regardless of how they're pitching, you rarely see a starter go past 5 innings.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #415 on: October 16, 2020, 03:33:41 PM »
Troof.  I'm just questioning his overall philosophy of taking his starters out so early.  Ear-regardless of how they're pitching, you rarely see a starter go past 5 innings.
AJ Minter tonight....things that make you go hmmmm
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #416 on: October 16, 2020, 03:55:47 PM »
AJ Minter tonight....things that make you go hmmmm
Minter is starting?  Wow.  But, like you said earlier....Tomlin (God no!)  I guess if the plan is a couple of innings from a bunch of bullpen guys. it doesn't really matter who climbs the bump first.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #417 on: October 17, 2020, 07:50:19 AM »
Minter is starting?  Wow.  But, like you said earlier....Tomlin (God no!)  I guess if the plan is a couple of innings from a bunch of bullpen guys. it doesn't really matter who climbs the bump first.

welllll. Minter was just fine. Snit pulled him out. He was in control. THAT I do not understand. Will smith is awful now. Martin bailed him out in game 4. And Webb just put the nail in the coffin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

« Reply #418 on: October 18, 2020, 08:41:49 AM »
Well, Saturday sucked. 

Good look today, Braves fans. 

Better get a bucket or two for your bats. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #419 on: October 19, 2020, 07:57:49 AM »
I hate sports. 
friendly
funny