Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Proof Positive Oscars SUCK

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
Proof Positive Oscars SUCK
« on: January 13, 2020, 12:59:57 PM »
Oscars.  Already a self-congratulatory orgy signifying nothing.  There used to be a time I was interested in it a little.  But it's strayed into the absurd.  

This is the evidence: 

Best motion picture of the year nominees:

FORD V FERRARI  - Nobody watched it.  

THE IRISHMAN - An absolute joke.  A long-winded piece of Netflix crap, the worst of Scorsese's efforts by a long shot.  It's borderline unwatchable. 

JOJO RABBIT - the fuck? Oh, it has Hitler in it.  And it's a comedy of sorts. We must reward the Jewish people lest we forget the Holocaust!!!!!! 

JOKER - Oh, we must award this!  It's brilliant.  Except it's not.  

LITTLE WOMEN - Story's only been told 300 times before and 299 better than this version.  The damn thing was released five days before the end of the year.  

MARRIAGE STORY - Adam Driver SUCKS.  He's like Nick Cage's bastard son, birthed by Tara Reid.  This is a flatulent "but it's so important" piece of Hollywood schlock. Eat a dick. 

1917 - Released New Year's eve to squeeze it in.  The kind of garbagy crap Hollywood loves.  Period piece! Uniforms! British accents!  Check, check, check.  Upchuck. 

ONCE UPON A TIME...IN HOLLYWOOD - By far, far, far, far, far the absolute worst, most self-indulgent, smug, meaningless, pointless, meandering work ever produced by Quentin Tarantino. Every other movie he's ever done -- including Grindhouse and Dusk Til Dawn was a better Oscar entry than this. 

PARASITE -  What?  It's in fucking Korean and nobody's ever even seen it.  

These assclowns ignored movies like Us, Glass, Spiderverse, Rocketman, IT-2, Knives Out, Lion King, Bumblebee, Peanutbutter Falcon, etc. for THAT pile of movie shit?  

It's not about "best movie" it's about congratulating their moronic selves for being so aware.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
Re: Proof Positive Oscars SUCK
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 01:23:42 PM »
I have not seen any of these and have only heard of 3.  I didn't realize they did Little Women Redux 5000.  I will watch the Joker, Irishman and Ford V Ferrari.  Knowing me I will like the Joker, but only if there is some deep shit going that is a touch sinister, twisted and just plain weird.   

I will also probably like Ford V Ferrari if it is anything close to being historically accurate.  I love me some racing.  Drag, dirt, asphalt, road course, rally, baja, enduro.  Nascar, Sprints, Legends, Boats, Motor Cycles, Dirt bikes, Baja, Rally….name it and will stop and watch it if it's on and usually enjoy it. 

Those two caught my attention when they came out and I wanted to watch.  The Irishman is in my Netflix list.  I thought what the hell.  Then again "My List" on Netflix is about 60 movies, documentaries, and TV shows deep.  It will be a while before I get around to watching it. 

Anywhos…...I thought we knew that the Oscar's have sucked for years now and is nothing more than a bunch of Hollywood libs jacking and blowing each other off?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Courage is only fear holding on a minute longer.--George S. Patton

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 02:06:20 PM »
Peanut Butter Falcon was a surprisingly good movie.
I would venture to say better than most of the nominees.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2020, 03:35:39 PM »
I have not seen any of these and have only heard of 3.  I didn't realize they did Little Women Redux 5000.  I will watch the Joker, Irishman and Ford V Ferrari.  Knowing me I will like the Joker, but only if there is some deep shit going that is a touch sinister, twisted and just plain weird. 

I will also probably like Ford V Ferrari if it is anything close to being historically accurate.  I love me some racing.  Drag, dirt, asphalt, road course, rally, baja, enduro.  Nascar, Sprints, Legends, Boats, Motor Cycles, Dirt bikes, Baja, Rally….name it and will stop and watch it if it's on and usually enjoy it.

Those two caught my attention when they came out and I wanted to watch.  The Irishman is in my Netflix list.  I thought what the hell.  Then again "My List" on Netflix is about 60 movies, documentaries, and TV shows deep.  It will be a while before I get around to watching it.

Anywhos…...I thought we knew that the Oscar's have sucked for years now and is nothing more than a bunch of Hollywood libs jacking and blowing each other off?
The Joker is sicko weirdo Junking Phoenix just being himself.   It doesn't hew true to the Batman mythology even though it pretends to.  I'm going to eventually watch it again in case I missed something, but at first glance it was a big old pile of hammy, ridiculous overacting by a terrible hammy, ridiculous assclown.  

Ford vs. Ferrari.  Probably a good story, but the focus is so narrow in terms of people who will give a Holley four barrel shit in a cherry bomb glasspack about it.   It won its opening weekend but primarily because its only competition was that insipid, trash bag Charlie's Angels remake.  I've always loved Mustangs and spent half my life wishing I could corral enough disposable money to get me a late 60s-early 70s Shelby GT.  But even that wasn't enough for me to overcome my Christian Bale fatigue.  Don't want to see him any more.  

Fuck The Irishman.  It's a terrible, boring overblown movie and not worth the three hours it takes to watch DeNiro, Pesi, Pacino and Ray Romano gum their tired lines.  Don't do it.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2020, 12:22:21 PM »
Ford vs Ferrari was a good flick.  Even my 9year old who loves cars, loved it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2020, 12:49:57 PM »
 Concur. Agree. Simpatico even. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2020, 12:58:03 PM »
I was gonna watch it when I can get it for free.  Not before. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2020, 02:13:05 PM »
Wait a damn minute!!  People watch movies before they can get them for free or pay a minimal rental fee on Prime? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

There are gonna be days when you lay your guts on the line and you come away empty handed, there ain't a damn thing you can do about it but go back out there and lay em on the line again...and again, and again! -- Coach Pat Dye

It isn't that liberals are ignorant. It's just they know so much that isn't so. --Ronald Reagan

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2020, 02:23:34 PM »
GF is right though. I went into it knowing the entire historical timeline of how it went down, and the movie does NOT disappoint. Carroll Shelby's character was spot on.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2020, 04:18:41 PM »
Nothing is free...hippy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2020, 07:50:02 PM »
Nothing is free...hippy.
Bernie and Liz said I could have all movies for free. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2020, 09:30:24 PM »
Just watched 1917(for free). Fell asleep twice.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2020, 10:39:16 PM »
Just watched 1917(for free). Fell asleep twice.
Yeah, I'd fall asleep watching your high school graduation video too. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

AUTiger1

• Eat a Peach
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2020, 12:50:49 AM »
Yeah, I'd fall asleep watching your high school graduation video too.
Mark.  That left one. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions