Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

In what world

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
In what world
« on: December 26, 2019, 07:44:56 PM »
In what world does Louisiana Tech beat Miami in a bowl game?  Not just beat them, but shut the Hurricanes completely out?  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: In what world
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2019, 07:51:20 PM »
In what world does Louisiana Tech beat Miami in a bowl game?  Not just beat them, but shut the Hurricanes completely out? 
In the world where the U does not have an REC to funnel the goods.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2019, 08:31:56 PM »
In the world where the U does not have an REC to funnel the goods.
This is what I want to see happen in Turdistancaloosa. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2019, 08:28:28 AM »
This is what I want to see happen in Turdistancaloosa.
The U has nowhere near the organized fanbase/network that Bama does. They barely have a fanbase that isn’t “bandwagon”. Check out their home attendance. Their entire program is based upon buying a roster - twice. They really should have gotten close to the death penalty for the latest infractions with Nevin Shapiro. Miami fans (the 109 real ones) need to realize that without a store bought roster in both the 80s and early 2000s - they are pretty much just nc state or wake forest historically. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2019, 10:16:51 AM »
The U has nowhere near the organized fanbase/network that Bama does. They barely have a fanbase that isn’t “bandwagon”. Check out their home attendance. Their entire program is based upon buying a roster - twice. They really should have gotten close to the death penalty for the latest infractions with Nevin Shapiro. Miami fans (the 109 real ones) need to realize that without a store bought roster in both the 80s and early 2000s - they are pretty much just nc state or wake forest historically.
Can't recall if it was last year or the year before, where Miami and Notre Dame were both undefeated going into their match up.  The absolute schlob-fest by the media over these two "traditional rivals" with their long, storied history, was F'ing laughable.  You hit the nail on the head.  The U has been relevant for two short periods of time, and both were when they were the dirtiest players in the game.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2019, 10:20:36 AM »
The U has nowhere near the organized fanbase/network that Bama does. They barely have a fanbase that isn’t “bandwagon”. Check out their home attendance. Their entire program is based upon buying a roster - twice. They really should have gotten close to the death penalty for the latest infractions with Nevin Shapiro. Miami fans (the 109 real ones) need to realize that without a store bought roster in both the 80s and early 2000s - they are pretty much just nc state or wake forest historically.
I have a historical level of hatred for that bunch of thugs and punks that dates back to the screwing Auburn got in 1983. 

That 83 Auburn team (Randy Campbell, Bo, Lionel, Tommie Agee, Fullwood, Trey Gainous, Ed West, Clayton Beauford, Chris Woods, Steve Wallace, Greg Carr, Quency Williams, Doug Smith, Donnie Humphrey, David King, Tommy Powell...)  was possibly the best group of talent ever assembled at Auburn.  In any other world, in any other year if the number one team goes down and the number two team gets destroyed by a team that the third-ranked team mauled late in the season?  The number three team will ascend to the top.  

I went to bed after Auburn beat Michigan in the Sugar Bowl absolutely secure that my Tigers had won the national title.  It was just the first of many screwings to follow, but when Miami was anointed (and first anointed by whoever was doing the broadcast of the Orange Bowl, which I thought at the time was ridiculous hyperbole) it bored a hole in my soul that has never fully recovered.  

The 1983 and 2004 Auburn teams were two of the best football teams I've ever seen. I'd take my chances with them against any college football team that ever existed. Well except the 1992 Alabama team of course. That team would beat a combination of the 1985 Bears, 1972 Dolphins and 2007 Patriots to hear folks here tell it.  

Both of those fantastic AU teams got royally raped.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2019, 10:31:44 AM »
I have a historical level of hatred for that bunch of thugs and punks that dates back to the screwing Auburn got in 1983. 

That 83 Auburn team (Randy Campbell, Bo, Lionel, Tommie Agee, Fullwood, Trey Gainous, Ed West, Clayton Beauford, Chris Woods, Steve Wallace, Greg Carr, Quency Williams, Doug Smith, Donnie Humphrey, David King, Tommy Powell...)  was possibly the best group of talent ever assembled at Auburn.  In any other world, in any other year if the number one team goes down and the number two team gets destroyed by a team that the third-ranked team mauled late in the season?  The number three team will ascend to the top. 

I went to bed after Auburn beat Michigan in the Sugar Bowl absolutely secure that my Tigers had won the national title.  It was just the first of many screwings to follow, but when Miami was anointed (and first anointed by whoever was doing the broadcast of the Orange Bowl, which I thought at the time was ridiculous hyperbole) it bored a hole in my soul that has never fully recovered. 

The 1983 and 2004 Auburn teams were two of the best football teams I've ever seen. I'd take my chances with them against any college football team that ever existed. Well except the 1992 Alabama team of course. That team would beat a combination of the 1985 Bears, 1972 Dolphins and 2007 Patriots to hear folks here tell it. 

Both of those fantastic AU teams got royally raped. 
And the biggest travesty of that season was that Auburn had played one of the toughest schedules ever made.  The number of teams that were undefeated and ranked in the top 10 when we played them was ridiculous.  Those included Texas, FSU, Florida, Maryland (With Boomer Esiason) and FUGA.  Check out these two stretches of games.

Texas
Tennessee
FSU

Florida
Maryland
Georgia
Alabama
Michigan
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2019, 01:42:35 PM »
13 and getting drunk on Bourbon street was glorious.  The screwjob we got the next morning, not so much.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2019, 08:22:04 PM »
13 and getting drunk on Bourbon street was glorious.  The screwjob we got the next morning, not so much.
A hangover and a number 2 ranking. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2019, 08:50:17 AM »
A hangover and a number 2 ranking.
But a drunk 13-year-old Saniflush got a number 2 run on him.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Saniflush

• Pledge Master
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2019, 10:54:28 AM »
But a drunk 13-year-old Saniflush got a number 2 run on him.
It was right after the ole number 6 where they was a ridin through town a whompin and a whoopin.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Hey my friends are the ones that wanted to eat at that shitty hole in the wall that only served bread and wine.  What kind of brick and mud business model is that.  Stick to the cart if that's all you're going to serve.  Then that dude came in with like 12 other people, and some of them weren't even wearing shoes, and the restaurant sat them right across from us. It was gross, and they were all stinky and dirty.  Then dude starts talking about eating his body and drinking his blood...I almost lost it.  That's the last supper I'll ever have there, and I hope he dies a horrible death."

bgreene

« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2019, 02:28:31 PM »
It was right after the ole number 6 where they was a ridin through town a whompin and a whoopin.
What about the women and children?
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2019, 03:32:54 PM »
What about the women and children?
We rape the shit out of em' at the Number 6 Dance later on.

Image result for Blazing saddles images
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions