Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Official Early Signing Day Thread

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Re: Official Early Signing Day Thread
« Reply #40 on: December 18, 2019, 04:27:03 PM »
It’s Carty B...bitch!
Okay, that deserves some love.  Internetz, bitch.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #41 on: December 18, 2019, 04:27:51 PM »
What the fuck!!???  Sick!?!?  Where is your spirit?! Haven't you read the creed!?!?  Fuck yo couch!  Man up and deliver me the content I pay for!  Speaking of, where do I need to send my next check?

Ugh!  You are stooping to Snaggs level.  Disappoint I am!
Werd.  He needs to man up and stop being a pussy and.....hey.....son of a....
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #42 on: December 18, 2019, 05:41:55 PM »
Thrilled with this class. Wasn't trending well of late but the staff really came through. Pegues, Reed and Height were real surprises. Riley and Tisdol were really being pressured by other schools and looked to be misses.

I'm generally meh about our classes but this IMO is one of our best.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #43 on: December 18, 2019, 05:53:31 PM »
Twenty One signed so far.  The breakdown by position:

OFFENSE

O-line  5

QB  1

RB  1

WR  4

TE  1

DEFENSE

D-line  2

LB  4

DB  3

Five O-linemen is much needed after several years of suckage in that area, both in recruiting and on the field.  Would like to have seen another QB as we're one bad sack away from Cord and a true freshman being available to run the show.  The tight end we picked up, JJ Pegues, must be a freak.  6'2" 298???  Haven't seen any film on him, but I will find some.  Totally fine with the one running back and any more would probably be a waste and cause one or two to enter the continuum transfunctioner thingy.  We have ample numbers there and the addition of a 5* definitely ups the quality level.

Hopefully, we can pick up another interior D-lineman by February.  Always need more than 2 in a class. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #44 on: December 18, 2019, 06:33:45 PM »
Twenty One signed so far.  The breakdown by position:

OFFENSE

O-line  5

QB  1

RB  1

WR  4

TE  1

DEFENSE

D-line  2

LB  4

DB  3

Five O-linemen is much needed after several years of suckage in that area, both in recruiting and on the field.  Would like to have seen another QB as we're one bad sack away from Cord and a true freshman being available to run the show.  The tight end we picked up, JJ Pegues, must be a freak.  6'2" 298???  Haven't seen any film on him, but I will find some.  Totally fine with the one running back and any more would probably be a waste and cause one or two to enter the continuum transfunctioner thingy.  We have ample numbers there and the addition of a 5* definitely ups the quality level.

Hopefully, we can pick up another interior D-lineman by February.  Always need more than 2 in a class.
Re: Pegues
https://247sports.com/college/auburn/board/102332/Contents/a-look-at-chad-morris-pass-offense-140616454/

Not saying Morris gets to have his way with Gus' offense but it would really help us if he could swing some stronger numbers out of this position.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2019, 06:41:00 PM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #45 on: December 19, 2019, 04:40:37 AM »
Of the 4 LBs:
Riley looks like an eventual edge rusher. Needs to fill out his 6'4 frame. Quick closer. Hits a ton and seems to cause quite a few fumbles including three scoop and scores.
Height was recruited for the edge but someone must have filmed him from an airplane. Couldn't make heads or tails of it.
They will need some beefing up.

Steiner and Tisdol look like very quick outside backers. Both also played RB as did Riley. We're gonna really like how  Steiner plays.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 07:10:02 AM by jmar »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #46 on: December 19, 2019, 08:20:18 AM »
Re: Pegues
https://247sports.com/college/auburn/board/102332/Contents/a-look-at-chad-morris-pass-offense-140616454/

Not saying Morris gets to have his way with Gus' offense but it would really help us if he could swing some stronger numbers out of this position.
NAW! FAHR GUS NAHOW! Let's bring in the OL coach from Slippery Rock. He'll have tegridy and stuff. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #47 on: December 19, 2019, 09:16:43 AM »
We're gonna really like how  Steiner plays.
Kid looks to have some freakish athletic ability.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

bgreene

« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2019, 09:45:19 AM »
Did USAToday enlist AL.com to write AU's portion of this list?

7. Auburn

ESPN: 7 
247Sports: 8 
Rivals: 7 
Average: 7.33 
The top fixtures in the Tigers' 2020 recruiting class come from out-of-state. The team secured five-star recruit Tank Bigsby and four-star players Kobe Hudson, Wesley Steiner, Zykeivous Walker and Ze'Vian Capers, which rounds out the top five of Auburn's class who has signed as of Early Signing Day. All five are from Georgia.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/top-25-recruiting-classes-for-2020-whos-no-1/ss-BBY8GCA?ocid=ientp#image=7
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #49 on: December 19, 2019, 06:00:08 PM »
Did USAToday enlist AL.com to write AU's portion of this list?

7. Auburn

ESPN: 7
247Sports: 8
Rivals: 7
Average: 7.33
The top fixtures in the Tigers' 2020 recruiting class come from out-of-state. The team secured five-star recruit Tank Bigsby and four-star players Kobe Hudson, Wesley Steiner, Zykeivous Walker and Ze'Vian Capers, which rounds out the top five of Auburn's class who has signed as of Early Signing Day. All five are from Georgia.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ncaafb/top-25-recruiting-classes-for-2020-whos-no-1/ss-BBY8GCA?ocid=ientp#image=7
It is wrong anyways, ESPN has us at 5, 247 has us at 7 and Rivals has us 8 (fuck rivals always)
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2020, 10:53:54 AM »
https://twitter.com/AuburnFootball/status/1225075289513848832?s=20
Look, I'm all about Mr. Burks.  But honestly, I gotta' say 235 pounds might be a little light to play DT in the SEC.  240 maybe.  But he may have some trouble at 235.

But that's just me.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #54 on: February 05, 2020, 10:55:38 AM »
Look, I'm all about Mr. Burks.  But honestly, I gotta' say 235 pounds might be a little light to play DT in the SEC.  240 maybe.  But he may have some trouble at 235.

But that's just me.
At 6'5", I presume he can bulk up a bit.  Park that man at the Waffle House and turn him loose.

Also, this profile shows him at 6'3" 285:

https://twitter.com/aldotcomTigers/status/1225082621069352961

And this one says 6'3" 305:

https://twitter.com/AuburnFootball/status/1225083632181624837
« Last Edit: February 05, 2020, 11:29:25 AM by wesfau2 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #55 on: February 05, 2020, 11:59:59 AM »
At 6'5", I presume he can bulk up a bit.  Park that man at the Waffle House and turn him loose.

Also, this profile shows him at 6'3" 285:

https://twitter.com/aldotcomTigers/status/1225082621069352961

And this one says 6'3" 305:

https://twitter.com/AuburnFootball/status/1225083632181624837
I was being fuhseeshus.  I pointed all that out in the Finishing Up thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #56 on: February 05, 2020, 12:09:58 PM »
He's been on that Scott Cochran diet.  240 on Monday and 305 with <10% BF on Friday!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #57 on: February 05, 2020, 06:11:32 PM »
With the hay in the barn, I like the overall look of this class.  Good numbers at every position except QB and RB.  As I said earlier, I'm fine with Tank being the lone signee, even with Boobs leaving.  We've got numbers but just have to find out who is going to step up and take over. 

They also upped the numbers in the trenches on both sides, which was much needed.  My only concern is the "quality" of the O-linemen in this and the last couple of classes.  They may find a group of guys that develop into great linemen.  But while we're plucking all the 3* recruits, the Bama's and FUGA's and LSU's of the world are stockpiling the 4* and 5* guys at that position.  And yes, it does make a difference when you consistently get those numbers of quality kids. 

We got a good group of tall receivers, all 6'1" to 6'4".  Several good size DB's and linebackers.  Looks like a very solid class and with 247 putting us at #7, you gotta' like what the staff did. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #58 on: February 05, 2020, 07:03:47 PM »
With the hay in the barn, I like the overall look of this class.  Good numbers at every position except QB and RB.  As I said earlier, I'm fine with Tank being the lone signee, even with Boobs leaving.  We've got numbers but just have to find out who is going to step up and take over.

They also upped the numbers in the trenches on both sides, which was much needed.  My only concern is the "quality" of the O-linemen in this and the last couple of classes.  They may find a group of guys that develop into great linemen.  But while we're plucking all the 3* recruits, the Bama's and FUGA's and LSU's of the world are stockpiling the 4* and 5* guys at that position.  And yes, it does make a difference when you consistently get those numbers of quality kids.

We got a good group of tall receivers, all 6'1" to 6'4".  Several good size DB's and linebackers.  Looks like a very solid class and with 247 putting us at #7, you gotta' like what the staff did.
We lost the 2 early verbals to Bamer (edge rusher and Dontae Hightower- type LB), and then the best OLB verbal we courted to Climpsum but we have a nice class coming in. 
Some of the biguns need some biggerin to stand their ground. Really like the secondary additions on paper and the ever important TE position was addressed.
Really long at receiver, hope they can catch. Kodi can fix 'em if they are lacking hands.
All eyes on the offensive line. If we can run it effectively everything else falls in place...or not.

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2020, 12:02:56 PM »

They also upped the numbers in the trenches on both sides, which was much needed.  My only concern is the "quality" of the O-linemen in this and the last couple of classes.  They may find a group of guys that develop into great linemen.  But while we're plucking all the 3* recruits, the Bama's and FUGA's and LSU's of the world are stockpiling the 4* and 5* guys at that position.  And yes, it does make a difference when you consistently get those numbers of quality kids.

You need to go back and look again there wasn't a lot of 4 or 5 star OLineman out there.  I will school you.

All of these are OLinemen so I'm not putting their positions, besides AU may change that. The position rankings are national.

First Juco
Killian Zierer 3 star - Ranked #3 at his position
Brenden Coffey 3 star Ranked #4 at his position

HS
Avery Jernigan 3 star ranked #25 at his position
Tate Johnson 3 star ranked #27 at his position
Jeremia Wright 3 star ranked #40 at his position

To me, position rankings are more important than the stars that means out of all the High School kids the lowest we got at Offensive guard was ranked #40.  Yeah, he may be ranked total #663 but he's an offensive guard they don't get the love the skill players do.

Would have loved to have 5 star Jones, but all I'm saying is this class has some good beef.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum