Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Dilly Dilly...leaving for FSU

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
Re: Dilly Dilly...leaving for FSU
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2019, 10:53:46 PM »
So I learn this is a done fucking deal as of today. 

Hired. 

I give up.  Gus operates at a level of dumbass I cannot comprehend.

Revisit this in a year.  You’ll see Kaos was 100% right.
It won’t be because Morris sucks. It will be because of the same ole Gus. I’d rather take this chance with somebody who HAS a clue rather than another yes boy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2019, 11:00:36 PM »
somebody who HAS a clue rather than another yes boy.
This is the key part. I will be good to go with the hire IF Morris is not just another yes boy.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2019, 11:21:28 PM »
It didnt matter if we hired Bill Bellychick as OC.  Its Gus' offense.  Always has been and always will be.  Lets just get some great athletes to run it.  BTW, we desperately need a QB in this class.  We have 2 on scholly.  Thats it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

jmar

« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2019, 12:17:28 AM »
It didnt matter if we hired Bill Bellychick as OC.  Its Gus' offense.  Always has been and always will be.  Lets just get some great athletes to run it.  BTW, we desperately need a QB in this class.  We have 2 on scholly.  Thats it.
Only one commit in this class so far.
3* dual QB     C. Garnett Lakeland, FL

We have a verbal from a pro style kid in the 2121class.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2019, 12:17:37 AM »
I don't dislike the Morris kid, but Chad spent every Friday of the last two seasons flying back to TX to watch his kid play.  He never moved his family to Fayetteville.  He never seemed invested in the job.  That caused a problem in their locker room.

Why are we expecting different treatment?  This seems like a favor to Gus's boy that adds nothing to our staff's skill-set while creating cost and controversy.

Do. Not. Want.
His kid is graduating the coming year right? So no need to fly back.

And too late. You done got.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2019, 12:19:05 AM »
His kid is graduating the coming year right? So no need to fly back.
Did we not already establish the "no daddy coaches" rule?  This isn't fucking high school.  

I loathe this hire.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2019, 12:19:53 AM »
Did we not already establish the "no daddy coaches" rule?  This isn't fucking high school. 

I loathe this hire. 
You loathe every hire.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

jmar

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2019, 12:26:39 AM »
You loathe every hire.
We loathe all offensive hires.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2019, 09:37:56 AM »
You loathe every hire.
No.  Bruce Pearl?  I was on board with that. 

The hires Gus makes, though?  He hires his friends (Herb, JB, Chad, Loff) or he hires people who owe (or will owe) him (Kodi, Carnell). 

He’s the Michael Scott of college coaches. Forget a staff, let’s get our buddies in here.  Where’s that Todd Packer? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2019, 10:21:54 AM »
No.  Bruce Pearl?  I was on board with that. 

The hires Gus makes, though?  He hires his friends (Herb, JB, Chad, Loff) or he hires people who owe (or will owe) him (Kodi, Carnell). 

He’s the Michael Scott of college coaches. Forget a staff, let’s get our buddies in here.  Where’s that Todd Packer?
I get where you're coming from and there's no doubt that his hires have been less than chub inducing moves.  I think the jury is still out on Carnell while they came back with a verdict on Kodi a long time ago.  The first question is why did he let a RB coach go who had about fifty 1,000 yard rushers in a row under his guidance?  Haven't had one sniff since. 

As for the OC, I say again, it really doesn't matter who he hires. It's Gus' show from start to finish.  The only thing I'm hoping for is (And I have zero idea if this would be the case) that he would allow Morris to re-tool, re-work, change the passing schemes.  It continues to be a common theme that Gus' passing schemes are pretty basic and predictable.  Again, just me speculating here, but I think Gus believes that as long as he has the running game clicking, just about any passing scheme will work since the D has to start compensating to stop the run.

Let me get out of my armchair QB La-Z-Boy. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

The Six

• Leaning on a broken fence b/t past & present tense
    • My Linktree
« Reply #50 on: December 11, 2019, 10:28:33 AM »
Maybe this is the one guy who Gus will consult with and the one who might keep Gus in check. I refuse to think this is a turd hire. Arkansas didn't go well but I think that's more the place than Morris. Auburn got better here. Dilly didn't add anything to the offense. Hope he learned something as the fans in Tallahassee will have knives out if they continue to falter. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"I'm sick of following my dreams...I'm just going to ask them where they are going and hook up with 'em later." - Mitch Hedberg

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #51 on: December 11, 2019, 10:45:59 AM »
Maybe this is the one guy who Gus will consult with and the one who might keep Gus in check. I refuse to think this is a turd hire. Arkansas didn't go well but I think that's more the place than Morris. Auburn got better here. Dilly didn't add anything to the offense. Hope he learned something as the fans in Tallahassee will have knives out if they continue to falter.
It will be the same role in the Hassee.  Norvell is calling plays and running his show. 

As for Arky, I only know what I saw on the TV's on Saturday.  It appears Wes has kept tabs on the state of that program and knows a lot more about how Morris ran things.  I have to say however, when your starting linebacker is named Bumper Pool, you're already behind the 8 ball.

Pretty sure I'm the first to come up with that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2019, 11:05:30 AM »
As for the OC, I say again, it really doesn't matter who he hires. It's Gus' show from start to finish.  The only thing I'm hoping for is (And I have zero idea if this would be the case) that he would allow Morris to re-tool, re-work, change the passing schemes.
THIS and to add developing the QBs please.

Maybe this is the one guy who Gus will consult with and the one who might keep Gus in check.
and THIS.

The hire is made, so we deal with it now. It is my hopes the above mentioned is what transpires. I am pretty sure we all agree with that.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #53 on: December 11, 2019, 11:33:59 AM »
Maybe, since he runs a "better" version of Gus's offense, Gus will let him do it like he wants.  Honestly that's all we can hope for at this point.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #54 on: December 11, 2019, 12:40:53 PM »
THIS and to add developing the QBs please.
and THIS.
Did you happen to see QB play at Arkansas?  It was a bigger shitshow than when the one-legged blind kid tried to run the veer in pee wee ball. 

It’s going to get worse 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #55 on: December 11, 2019, 01:09:06 PM »
Did you happen to see QB play at Arkansas?  It was a bigger shitshow than when the one-legged blind kid tried to run the veer in pee wee ball.

It’s going to get worse
Hard to make chick salad out of chick shit.
We got eagle shit here. We’ll be just fine.
And truthfully, why are you bitching? If it sucks, they’ll both be gone!
We have everything to win. Nothing to lose!
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #56 on: December 11, 2019, 01:55:29 PM »
Did you happen to see QB play at Arkansas?  It was a bigger shitshow than when the one-legged blind kid tried to run the veer in pee wee ball.

It’s going to get worse
It's worse than you probably even realize:

Chad brought his 3 year starter, Ben Hicks, from SMU as a transfer.
Then former A&M hotshot, Nick Starkel transferred in.
Arky had two kids battling for the spot under Bert: Ty Storey and Cole Kelley.

Chad ran off Storey and Kelley (Storey came back to F'ville as the starter for WKy and kicked that ass, btw).
Then began a horrible rotation of Starkel and Hicks...then later in the season started, at various times, three other QBs.

Total fucking shitshow clusterfuck.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

djsimp

« Reply #57 on: December 11, 2019, 01:56:04 PM »

It’s going to get worse
Yes, and no it wasn't good. The only thing I can add is the fact the QB doesn't/didn't have a good supporting cast around him, especially in 2019. I am trying to see the positives here. There is no other choice but to do so, for me anyway. Like CC said, if they fail, they both will be gone. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #58 on: December 11, 2019, 02:08:20 PM »
I'm looking at the calendar people.  Do I have time to watch 25-year plans play out?  

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

bgreene

« Reply #59 on: December 11, 2019, 02:10:03 PM »
I'm looking at the calendar people.  Do I have time to watch 25-year plans play out? 
Read The Creed and embrace the suck
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
"Men are made stronger on the realization that the helping hand they need is at the end of their own arm."

-Sidney Phillips