-Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

Godfather

• Chapter
  • He knows!
    • Tigers X
Re: So long, Dilly Dilly
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2019, 12:18:29 PM »
Hey post less read more...we have a thread.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Gus is gone, hooray!
                       -Auburn Fans

Auburn Forum

djsimp

• Why don't you blow me ump!
Re: Dilly Dilly...leaving for FSU
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 12:50:14 PM »
Chad Morris OC?
Does it really matter who the OC is other than being a fall guy?

But to your point, that sounds about right. I would say more than a 75% chance. I would like to see others get a shot but we all know Gus runs the offense.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 01:02:47 PM by djsimp »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 03:01:42 PM »
Never heard of him.

Also?  Our friends at al.com listed a bag of dirty dicks as potential replacements. 

Chad Morris?  Kiss my ass.  No. 
Kodi?  Bless him.  No. 
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 03:10:57 PM by Kaos »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
If you want free cheese, look in a mousetrap.

GH2001

• I'm a Miller guy. Always been. Since I was like, 8
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2019, 03:19:12 PM »
Never heard of him.

Also?  Our friends at al.com listed a bag of dirty dicks as potential replacements.

Chad Morris?  Kiss my ass.  No.
Kodi?  Bless him.  No.
I get what you are saying. But real question - would Morris be any worse? even slight improvement? Over spastic Gus/Kenny/Chip. And this is coming from someone who isn't a big fan of Morris.

And Kodi? F no.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2019, 03:30:09 PM »
I get what you are saying. But real question - would Morris be any worse? even slight improvement? Over spastic Gus/Kenny/Chip. And this is coming from someone who isn't a big fan of Morris.

And Kodi? F no.
Word already out everywhere that Morris has been hired.  

I think it's a colossal screwup. It's the final Gus nail in my opinion.   We need innovation. We need NFL-level passing schemes.  We don't need some fucking failed Gus sycophant.  He's got enough ass kissers around there. 

Tired of this shit. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

djsimp

« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2019, 04:04:20 PM »
Tired of this shit.
THIS X 100000

Morris can produce any offense whatsoever at Arkansas, so the only logical thing to do is hire him at Auburn as the OC? Sounds about right.

But again, what does it matter. Gus runs the offense.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2019, 04:12:11 PM »
Word already out everywhere that Morris has been hired. 

I think it's a colossal screwup. It's the final Gus nail in my opinion.  We need innovation. We need NFL-level passing schemes.  We don't need some fucking failed Gus sycophant.  He's got enough ass kissers around there.

Tired of this shit.
I remember him beating us with less talent and a more innovative version of OUR offense.
So I am OK with it.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2019, 07:05:27 PM »
I remember him beating us with less talent and a more innovative version of OUR offense.
So I am OK with it.
I usually agree with you on things.  On this we aren't in the same yard.  I can't even see your yard from where I am. 

Chad Morris will be the final nail hammered into Gus' Auburn coffin.  It shows no inclination to reach outside his own insular "ah, done wroted a book" mentality. It is yet another example of his maddening over-inflated ego. It's not going to get us any closer to LSU.  It's not going to get us any closer to (F)UGA or Florida.  Just more of the same "what the FUCK did I just see?" seasons.  No quarterback development.  No improvement in the routes.  

Did you happen to see Arkansas' quarterbacks this season?  I watched (accidentally) three or four of their games.  They were the absolute worst.  Unprepared. Poorly trained. Miserable fundamentals. Every single one of them was worse than Clint Moseley on his worst turtle day.  That was the biggest clusterfuck of an offense I've ever seen -- and you know we've seen our fucking share over the last decade.  

I am vehemently opposed to this hire.  Even considering it puts me right back in the kick Gus the fuck out of here line.  
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2019, 07:39:06 PM »
I usually agree with you on things.  On this we aren't in the same yard.  I can't even see your yard from where I am.

Chad Morris will be the final nail hammered into Gus' Auburn coffin.  It shows no inclination to reach outside his own insular "ah, done wroted a book" mentality. It is yet another example of his maddening over-inflated ego. It's not going to get us any closer to LSU.  It's not going to get us any closer to (F)UGA or Florida.  Just more of the same "what the FUCK did I just see?" seasons.  No quarterback development.  No improvement in the routes. 

Did you happen to see Arkansas' quarterbacks this season?  I watched (accidentally) three or four of their games.  They were the absolute worst.  Unprepared. Poorly trained. Miserable fundamentals. Every single one of them was worse than Clint Moseley on his worst turtle day.  That was the biggest clusterfuck of an offense I've ever seen -- and you know we've seen our fucking share over the last decade. 

I am vehemently opposed to this hire.  Even considering it puts me right back in the kick Gus the fuck out of here line. 
I'll play devils advocate a little here since I think the pendulum is somewhere in the middle here on Chad. Again, Im not the biggest fan - mainly because of the sycophant reasons more than anything but I digress.

Here goes:

- We all know being a HC and OC are very different. Just look at Gustav ala 2010 and 2018. Morris did very well at Clemson as an OC whether you or I like it or not. He developed Tahj Boyd tremendously. And Ellington. And Hopkins. Dabo went 15-12 his first two seasons in Clemson. The next 5 seasons with Morris? 10-11-11-10-14 wins. Top 10 offenses.

- Has Clemson been as good since he left? Yes. And they still run his offense per Dabo. They also have a buttload more talent this year and the last 3 years than they did between 2009-2014. Most would argue Watson and Lawrence are both generational talents. Moreso than Boyd was. Morris also recruited, landed and developed Watson his first year. 

- I didnt realize SMU had gotten progressively better each year. 2-5-7 wins. They are now playing this year in the top 25 with the 4 classes he put together. 3 of them he coached/developed. I erroneously stated last week Morris left everyplace worse than he found it. He also made Clemson exponentially better than he found it.

- Arkansas - Im not sure what to say here. Was this Morris? Or was this more how bad Arkansas is holistically, pre-Morris, Ath Dept, Bert, etc? Bert also was lights out at Wisky and came to Fayetteville and laid a dud. Most considered him a solid coach, and he still may be. Weve said it over and over that trying to win at MSU, OM and ARK is near damn impossible consistently. Morris was attempting to do the near impossible there - take caveman fb players from Bert and convert them all to a spread offense - IN THE SEC WEST. In 2 years. Not sure why anyone thought that would work. Despite all that, he didnt recruit horribly. Per Rivals.

- Texas inroads. Morris has a lot of recruiting inroads, esp in Texas. He recruited a lot of players to Clemson because of this. The same ones we saw Dabo win with after Morris was gone. Also per Rivals.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 07:41:21 PM by GH2001 »
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

CCTAU

• War Eagle!
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2019, 12:30:26 AM »

Chad Morris will be the final nail hammered into Gus' Auburn coffin.  It shows no inclination to reach outside his own insular "ah, done wroted a book" mentality. It is yet another example of his maddening over-inflated ego. 
What in the blue hell tarnation had you thinking he was going to do anything differently?  
At least with Morris, he's been there and was successful at it. It may be our best chance. Not  to mention only.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Five statements of WISDOM
1. You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity, by legislating the wealth out of prosperity.
2. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving.
3. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.
4. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.
5. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that my dear friends, is the beginning of the end of any nation.

jmar

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2019, 09:05:37 AM »
So I am OK with it.
Agree with you and GH. Dabo copied everything we did and improved on it.
Maybe some of Chad's football learning will rub off on rigid Gus. They can kick around the old days, talk about the twirlybird and shit. Doubt he has much input but what's the harm? We still get to keep Kodi as our passing game coordinator until somebody steals him from us. 

:blink:

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2019, 09:40:28 AM »
His locker room management, QB development and overall attitude were all fucking awful at Arky.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

jmar

« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2019, 10:01:56 AM »
His locker room management, QB development and overall attitude were all fucking awful at Arky.
Who's idea was it to hire this slouchy bastard?
We ain't runnin' no charity.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #14 on: December 10, 2019, 10:09:58 AM »
I get the connection between Morris and Malzahn, but him coming here as OC makes no sense.  Dilly Dilly was the OC in name only and as has been said, Gus called all the plays.  We all know he always has whether he admitted it or not.  If you've been an OC calling plays and a head corch in the SEC, why would you come to Auburn just to roam the sidelines?  I guess picking up a fat check for minimal work could be inviting. 

BTW, Dilly will be doing the same for the Noles.  Norvell will be calling the plays.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

djsimp

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2019, 10:22:53 AM »
Well, with all that I've been reading, its pretty much gonna be Chad Morris as the new OC. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

GH2001

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2019, 10:36:16 AM »
I get the connection between Morris and Malzahn, but him coming here as OC makes no sense.  Dilly Dilly was the OC in name only and as has been said, Gus called all the plays.  We all know he always has whether he admitted it or not.  If you've been an OC calling plays and a head corch in the SEC, why would you come to Auburn just to roam the sidelines?  I guess picking up a fat check for minimal work could be inviting.

BTW, Dilly will be doing the same for the Noles.  Norvell will be calling the plays.
Good point. So I’m starting to wonder why Morris? Is he the one damn person on earth gus halfway trusts? Who knows. Chad I don’t is gonna go anywhere where he’s a stool pigeon to someone. So it’s interesting to say the least. If he’s be Chad Morris from Clemson and Gus let’s him be that chad Morris? It could work out very well. Much like IF snags had nuts. Big IFs
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

GH2001

« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2019, 10:58:17 AM »
His locker room management, QB development and overall attitude were all fucking awful at Arky.
So was berts and several other coaches.  I’m starting to question Arkansas a little. 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
WDE

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2019, 11:18:04 AM »
Good point. So I’m starting to wonder why Morris? Is he the one damn person on earth gus halfway trusts? Who knows. Chad I don’t is gonna go anywhere where he’s a stool pigeon to someone. So it’s interesting to say the least. If he’s be Chad Morris from Clemson and Gus let’s him be that chad Morris? It could work out very well. Much like IF snags had nuts. Big IFs
Image result for My plums images
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Kaos

• Jeez
    • No, YOU Move!
« Reply #19 on: December 10, 2019, 11:38:58 AM »

Shut up, YOU! 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions