Tigers X - Number one Source to Talk Auburn Tigers Sports

Easy Chicken

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
Easy Chicken
« on: November 12, 2020, 03:16:44 PM »
Been a while since there's been any action in here.  Amazing since we all eat multiple times a day, every day of our lives.  I've gotten to where I love to cook more and more.  I've always loved the manly grilling times and feel like I'm pretty good at it for the most part.  Snagette is 1,000X better with the real cooking than I am.  She can flat out kill it with country fried steak, meat loaf, lasagna, casseroles etc.  Anyway, I tried something a little different last night.  Simple and probably something you peeps have done many times. 

Bought a whole chicken at the Pube Licks.  I found a rub combination that's very similar to the Beer Butt Chicken recipe in a Big Green Egg recipe book I have.  Basically, it's a dash of everything in the whole spice rack.

Brown Sugar
Paprika
Dry Mustard
Salt
Cayenne Pepper
Garlic Powder
Onion Powder
Coriander and a couple of others.  Doesn't really matter, you can use whatever rub you want.  It's just the simplicity of this.  Preheat the oven to 425.  Take the rub and massage the chicken like your wife's titties.  Coat it completely. Line a baking pan with foil.  Plop the chicken in the pan and bake it uncovered for exactly one hour.

That's it.  The skin comes out crisp with some snap and all those flavors on it, but the bird is dripping with the juice. 

The sides were simple as well and I put both in the oven with the chicken for the last 20 minutes.

Brussel sprouts in a dutch oven.  Stir in some EVOO, salt and bacon sliced into small chips.  Bake uncovered.

New potatoes sliced thin.  Put in a bowl and mix with EVOO, garlic powder and crushed rosemary.  Spread em' out on a foil lined baking sheet and stick them in the oven.  Again, the sprouts and potatoes will take no more than 20 minutes at 425, so you can prepare them while the chicken is baking.  Pull it all out at the same time and you got some fine eats.     
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

wesfau2

• I love it when you call me Big Poppa
Re: Easy Chicken
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2020, 03:33:37 PM »
You've invented roasted chicken.

Congrats.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
You can keep a wooden stake in your trunk
On the off-chance that the fairy tales ain't bunk
And Imma keep a bottle of that funk
To get motel parking lot, balcony crunk.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2020, 03:39:12 PM »
You've invented roasted chicken.

Congrats.
I'm applying for a patent on it.  I'll bet Publix would pay big money for my secrets.

Posting it more for how easy the whole meal is.  10 minutes of prep, an hour in the oven and voila.  Vwahlah.  That's French.
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
My doctor told me I needed to stop masturbating.  I asked him why, and he said, "because I'm trying to examine you."

Buzz Killington

• Bofa
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2020, 04:50:31 PM »
What's next?

friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
Now I may be an idiot, but there is one thing I am not, sir, and that, sir, is an idiot.

Snaggletiger

• My Fighting Pearls
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2020, 04:56:13 PM »
What's next?

You put some peanut butter on that nana sammich and you've got something.  Thank you very much.

Pin on Elvis Presley
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions

chinook

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2020, 05:22:59 PM »
You put some peanut butter on that nana sammich and you've got something.  Thank you very much.

Pin on Elvis Presley

pfft. nutella.

it's like eating a black cock between vagina lips...wait, what? 
friendly
funny
dislike
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions
No reactions